Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rainbow halo: Rare phenomenon photographed

rainbow halo alexey zolotnycyn

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,562 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

A photographer managed to catch the spectacular moment when the plane he was travelling on appeared surrounded by a rainbow halo.

The shadow of the airplane upon the clouds is encircled by a perfectly round rainbow in what looks like a digitally altered image.

However Alexey Zolotnycyn’s photographs have not been touched by Photoshop but capture a rare natural phenomenon.

http://www.dailymail...venly-glow.html

Posted Image

#2    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Beautiful! :wub:

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#3    lizzieboo

lizzieboo

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• He was more like a succession of extraordinary events than a person. (Douglas Adams)

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

It's lovely! I actually saw one of these rainbows a few years ago...I was stunned by the sight.

All right, I see what's going on. This is the opening salvo in what will be an escalating series of juvenile tit for tat exchanges. Well titted! Stand by for my upcoming tat. --Dr. Sheldon Cooper

#4    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,553 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

Interesting.

And odd timing because something similar apparently happened to me in the car yesterday. It was pouring like mad, but the sun was shining (very weird storm)... and me and all the 3 other passengers in the car -- looking out different windows -- saw BIG rainbows surrounding the car. Not just the type you get in road spray. It was quite spectacular.

Embrace the impossible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users