Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

America's most infamous serial killers

seril killers murderers psychopaths

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Death Before Decaf

• 5,468 posts

• There's no place like 127.0.0.1

A symptom of the universe

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

I definitely agree with that, most of the infamous serial killers are regarded as such due to the number of people they killed. Meanwhile those who have done the unspeakable (whether or not it is part of their 'ritual'), seem to be ignored if they haven't had as many kills.

Just the other day Ian Brady was featured on the news, due to the fact that 40 years later he is still taunting the mother of one of his 12 year old victims

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy as hell.- Maca02

#17    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 8,285 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

View PostInvaderTAQ, on 26 August 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

I definitely agree with that, most of the infamous serial killers are regarded as such due to the number of people they killed. Meanwhile those who have done the unspeakable (whether or not it is part of their 'ritual'), seem to be ignored if they haven't had as many kills.

Just the other day Ian Brady was featured on the news, due to the fact that 40 years later he is still taunting the mother of one of his 12 year old victims
*just read about it* AH! That sick b******. It was a dying mother!

#18    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Death Before Decaf

• 5,468 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

She died last week, and he never told her where her son is buried. In 2006 he tried to trade the location for the body, in return for being moved into a prison (he is currently held in a mental hospital, fed via feeding tube) where he would be allowed to starve himself to death. The deal was refused

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy as hell.- Maca02

#19    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,494 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 25 August 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

ya its 3, i remeber when BTK was roaming the streets around here >.>

Ha! I had him in mind when I wrote that...him, and that Canadian Air Force captain (sorry, forgot his name).
That AF captain had a wife but she had a busy career, and the two of them lived apart during the work week so that's primarily how he was afforded a lot of unaccounted- for time.
But in the case of BTK, he not only had a wife but children during the time-span of his crimes, right? I don't know much about that case, but I think he was thought of as actually working during the times he committed his crimes.

#20    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,494 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostLikely Guy, on 26 August 2012 - 02:51 AM, said:

There is 'infamous', and there is 'the most heinous'. Putting the numbers of victims aside, Albert Fish is in a category by himself. There are two words that should never appear side by side; "pedophillic cannibal".

After his arrest and trial "None of the jurors doubted that Fish was insane. But ultimately, as one later explained, they felt he should be executed anyway."

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Albert_Fish

That's too danged funny...they felt he should be executed anyway! :tu:

#21    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Death Before Decaf

• 5,468 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

Are you referring to Russell Williams?

#22    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 8,285 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:03 AM

View PostInvaderTAQ, on 27 August 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

The above was directed to Regi.

But may I share the following?

"Murderer Russell Williams files to have victim pay his legal bills"

Quote: "Williams broke into her home in Tweed, the community a half-hour's drive from Trenton where Williams had a nearby cottage, and attacked her in her living room. She was stripped naked with a knife, fondled and intimidated for hours and ordered to pose for photos.

Williams admits the Sept. 30, 2009, assault but in his two-page statement of defence he claims he "has no knowledge" that she feared for her life, suffered "humiliation and indignity" and now needs "extensive therapy and medical attention."

http://ca.news.yahoo...-174757077.html

Edited by Likely Guy, 27 August 2012 - 04:16 AM.

#23    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,494 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

View PostInvaderTAQ, on 27 August 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

Yeah. I now see that he was actually one away from the distinction of serial killer, although I don't think there can be any doubt that he would have killed again if not caught.

#24    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,494 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostLikely Guy, on 27 August 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

"Murderer Russell Williams files to have victim pay his legal bills"

Quote: "Williams broke into her home in Tweed, the community a half-hour's drive from Trenton where Williams had a nearby cottage, and attacked her in her living room. She was stripped naked with a knife, fondled and intimidated for hours and ordered to pose for photos.

Williams admits the Sept. 30, 2009, assault but in his two-page statement of defence he claims he "has no knowledge" that she feared for her life, suffered "humiliation and indignity" and now needs "extensive therapy and medical attention."

http://ca.news.yahoo...-174757077.html

Thanks for sharing that article.

The article mentions the escalation of his crimes, and that really is a striking aspect of the case. For those who don't know, his crimes went from burglary (only women's personal items), to "creeping" (present in the home without the resident's knowledge), to assaulting, and from there of course, to murder.
Also, his meticulous nature (already observed by those who'd known him) was clearly evident in his documentation of the "trophies" from his crimes which, apart from the staggering volume of women's personal items, included crime scene photos and videos.

#25    moosehead

moosehead

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• IS there happiness out there for me?

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

The man from Germany Chikotila. (Not sure of the spelling) captures my attention.  Also Ed Gein. Imagine a man that lived in that small town so long and no one knew how crazy he was.

Happiness illudes me. Each day is a struggle.

#26    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Death Before Decaf

• 5,468 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

Are you talking about Andrei Chikatilo, the Rostov Ripper? Also, as previously mentioned, Ed Gein was not technically a serial killer (he only had 2 kills)

#27    moosehead

moosehead

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• IS there happiness out there for me?

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

Yes i was referring to Chikitilo. And Ed Gein...I only meant it was so hideous.

Happiness illudes me. Each day is a struggle.

#28    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Death Before Decaf

• 5,468 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

Fair enough, I just get irritated when people call him a serial killer. I'm weird like that :P

#29    regi

regi

Government Agent

• 3,494 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostInvaderTAQ, on 27 August 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

Also, as previously mentioned, Ed Gein was not technically a serial killer (he only had 2 kills)

I agree that from what we know, Gein is not considered a serial killer, but I think it's worthwhile that when studying serial killers to also study those who might be considered "serial killers in the making".
I'm sure there's plenty of killers (Gein included) who likely possessed the serial killer mentality who were caught before they could be technically considered "serial". I mean, the serial killer started somewhere...
It's the same mentality is my point, so to me, the term serial killer only serves to describe that he got away with killing at least three people, each over a certain period of time.

#30    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Death Before Decaf

• 5,468 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

My point is that Ed Gein was predominantly a grave robber. There is no way to prove that had he not been caught, he would have killed more people as opposed to continuing to rob graves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users