Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Crop circles of Buddhist symbol

buddhist crop circles endless knot

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,500 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

This is the latest intricate crop circle to appear overnight in a British wheat field.

The mysterious pattern resembles the ancient Tibetan Buddhist symbol of an 'endless knot' - a complex loop of lines and circles used to illustrate the eternal flow of time.

The symbol has many meanings but because it has no beginning and no end many people who follow the religion say it represents the wisdom of Buddha.

http://www.dailymail...-landscape.html

Posted Image

#2    AREA__51

AREA__51

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

All that wheat wasted. What a shame.

#3    Anonymous User

Anonymous User

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

Lol @ one of the top rated responses: Conventionally placed festival in the next field obviously had nothing to do with it.  

Clearly this crop circle like the many others is the work of humans. You aren't saying it's the work of Buddhist aliens, are you? :lol:

#4    AREA__51

AREA__51

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

Every crop circle is the work of humans. People who say "they are too big and intricate to be made by humans" obviously doesnt realize all you need to make an intricate crop circle is time, a board, and a firm grasp of basic math.
http://www.circlemakers.org/

#5    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

"..bit of a sceptic" Matthew Williams?  This wouldn't be the known circle hoaxer Matthew Williams by any chance?

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#6    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,075 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

View PostAREA__51, on 13 August 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

Every crop circle is the work of humans. People who say "they are too big and intricate to be made by humans" obviously doesnt realize all you need to make an intricate crop circle is time, a board, and a firm grasp of basic math.
http://www.circlemakers.org/

(article wouldn't open for me,, so i can't see the crop pattern..but i'm guessing there are curves in it.)

Wouldn't you also need a length of rope to attempt to create a pattern with curves.. like this one?
  Or a levitating giant with a really big drafting compass?

*...   i can't figure out how a person would mark out these curves,  even with a piece of rope.
Where would you secure the end of the rope for each of these curves ? ? ¿ ?
Attached File  germanbig..jpg   11.82K   10 downloads

Edited by lightly, 14 August 2012 - 01:00 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#7    AREA__51

AREA__51

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

View Postlightly, on 14 August 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

(article wouldn't open for me,, so i can't see the crop pattern..but i'm guessing there are curves in it.)

Wouldn't you also need a length of rope to attempt to create a pattern with curves.. like this one?
  Or a levitating giant with a really big drafting compass?

Attachment germanbig..jpg
It was just a link to a site whose members are "professional" crop circle makers. They have made some really intricate designs. And yes, I forgot to mention, a length of rope is pretty much always used.

#8    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,075 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostAREA__51, on 14 August 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

It was just a link to a site whose members are "professional" crop circle makers. They have made some really intricate designs. And yes, I forgot to mention, a length of rope is pretty much always used.
thanks Area,  i mean i couldn't view the OP article.    I have been to circle makers site.    .. vague.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:30 AM

When they do one of these,then I will be impressed

http://www.songsoupo.../SriYantra.html

Miss me?

#10    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 11,649 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:59 AM

Honestly, they need to charge all those "professional circle hoaxers" for the wilful destruction of property - that's someone's livlihood they're playing silly buggers with!

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#11    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:25 AM

It's beautiful.... I'd be upset too, though, if it were my field.  Regardless of whether it was humans or aliens.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#12    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

View PostOppono Astos, on 13 August 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

"..bit of a sceptic" Matthew Williams?  This wouldn't be the known circle hoaxer Matthew Williams by any chance?

I'm sure that's nothing more than a coincidence! ;)

#13    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,061 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

It's become a form of "graffiti", a new artistic fad, these folk know their actions will bring attention and that's all they want.

Also, just like many graffiti artists, I think these kind are putting some serious talent to waste, they can't exactly leave a sig.

Incarcerate them and give them a paint brush.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#14    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,191 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

I agree with Hats, this food taken out of the mouth of that farmers family. I guess growing up in a farming community gives me a different perspective on this. I  remember my brother and some friends accidentally setting a farmer's corn field on fire (smoking). He ran to the farmers house and told him his field was on fire and helped him put it out.  When my Dad told him it was my brother's fault the guy was just grateful my brother had taken responsibility for what happen and help save his crop he wasn't angry.  Farming is iffy in the best of times, you don't need somebody destroying your crop for fun.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#15    AREA__51

AREA__51

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

crop circles are indeed destruction of property, but i think those professional ones i linked up there do it as a paid gig, and they dont break any laws. either way, crop circles are silly and the fad should go away. I dont really understand why its lasted this long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users