Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Severed Hands Discovered in Ancient Egypt

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 14 August 2012 - 01:18 AM, said:

IIRC the Romans cut hands off corpses to tally the dead - less grusome then heads altough heads of dignitaries were taken as trophies and used as threats/warning to tribes in Gaul et al.
Gauls adorned their homes with the heads of fallen enemies, although they kept them on their horses during battle

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#17    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 13 August 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

Thanks The -L- .

No problem. I adore posting on UM. Its my favourite site plus it is No1 site when you want to discuss these kinds of things.
Recently  I met few people on UM that usually post in abovetopsecret.com. They claim that ATS is best site and they want me to wrote there. My question was if ATS is best why you came here.
Its childish discusion but then again Im childish too.

Back on your post and Islam.
Although I found Islam scientist to be realy stunning and trough my history learning and research I stumble upon many of them with numerous "firsts" I must admit that Islam civilization dont have nothing that originate from them. Islam originate from Arabs and they were tribes. As Khalid ibn Walid (what a military comander was that) conquer lands for his master they spread Islam and adopt culture of people they conquer. For example if you go in Tunnis you will notice that everyone has Fatima hand /Hamsa. And if you ask anyone there or tourist that went there everyone one will tell you thats Islam symbol/ Arab origin and stuff. Truth is that Fatima hand is Chartage symbol and it can be seen on graves of fell Chartagians.
What also stunned me that Arabs didnt wont to built roads instead they built Mosques to counter Europe and their churches.

Its good to be back on UM. My vacation is over.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#18    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostParacelse, on 14 August 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Gauls adorned their homes with the heads of fallen enemies, although they kept them on their horses during battle

Then Alesia happened.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#19    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

Those were not the only body parts that were cut off and counted as trophies.  LOL.

#20    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,236 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:04 AM

View PostEtu Malku, on 13 August 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

Like who else?

Do you really doubt that past societies would cut off hands of theives?

#21    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:39 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 14 August 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Those were not the only body parts that were cut off and counted as trophies.  LOL.
we dont noe wat u are talking about :whistle:

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#22    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:34 AM

View Postthe L, on 14 August 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

Then Alesia happened.
Indeed Ceasar lied to Vercingetorix ... but he lied to everybody

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users