Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] Explain your Avatar picture thread

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31    Vidgange

Vidgange

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

I've had my avatar from the beginning and never changed it. I only realized today that I've been a member here since '05 - that's 7 years! :D I haven't been that active the past 6 years, but I've visited the site for news for nearly every day since I became a member.

Anyways, sidetracking... my avatar is unused photage from the Lord of the Rings films where Sauron, in his form of "Annatar", would face Aragorn. I just it was a cool idea to have something seemingly pure and good turn in to something veil and evil.

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose

#32    Anonymous User

Anonymous User

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Jack the ripper has contributed to my interests in forensics, criminology, and cold cases.

I also have a fascination for anything gory. This image was probably the most suitable for an avatar. :unsure:

#33    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 21 August 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

My Avatar used to be a machine gun wielding kitten but when the forum change took place it changed to my user profile picture for some reason. I just left it that way.
Current avatar is a picture of me from a band photo shoot a few years ago.

Unlike ↓ this poster, I am far more conceited and quite enjoy my avatar. :D

Ha ha. :P

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#34    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,263 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

Mine is... some fractal image I created sometime in the early 90s. I have always liked the image, but I think I uploaded it when I signed up for UM years and years ago, I've never changed it.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#35    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Death Before Decaf

• 5,452 posts

• There's no place like 127.0.0.1

A symptom of the universe

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

So now my avatar is Gir, from Invader Zim. Part of my username is inspired by Invader Zim, so it seemed appropriate

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy as hell.- Maca02

#36    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,122 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

I like a man with a Beard.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#37    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,068 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

it was just an image that i had in a folder of other images and artwork... and one of the few that was a small enough file  (kb) to fit.. it suits my 'name'  and  I just like it.   It's how i look if you close your eyes. :)

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#38    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,903 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 August 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

I was told by a few..actually some thought that was me ( one of which was a ranter ) .. but it's not...I would never put my own picture on my avatar.. I wouldn't want to look at myself in every post  lol.. :P

Don't be so damned selfish! If you do look like that, then I for one want to see you on every post!

Posted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#39    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,804 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

Just a magical cat I found.  My Signature picture is something I found on Galaxy Zoo. I ask what it was, nobody knew. Just saying, take it as you will, but that is what a Goddess looks like when you actually see one as they truly are.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#40    Kazoo

Kazoo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

• What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

Jack Skellington is one of my favorite characters of all time. I like his combination of civilness and insanity and scientific curiosity.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H.L. Mencken

#41    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

I liked it better when we had both an avatar,and I profile image .
Mine is kitten+Black Flags Damaged album .

Miss me?

#42    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,466 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

Mine is a life-size sculpture of a Grey I made from chicken wire, beer bottles and casting plaster.

I chose it because I'm quite proud of how life-like it really is.

#43    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Ok,I changed mine,so new explanation . It's Robert plant is tight pants. Yeeeaahhh....

Miss me?

#44    Dash--

Dash--

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

• I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:44 AM

The Phantom Stranger.So mysterious,not even the writers could decide on his origins.So they gave him 3 possible ones.
I've used one of his profiles as my avatar for years everywhere I go.He just kinda reminds me of everything I don't know.(which is A LOT)

Wisdom is not a product of schooling,but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.
A.Einstein

We live in a sunlit world of what we believe to be reality,but...

#45    shadowlark

shadowlark

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:14 AM

I've had the same avatar since I joined.  I love Scotland, so Nessie was the obvious choice :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users