Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 8 votes

A client of mine [PIC Included]

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#1    xampel

xampel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

I almost forgot about this, but after looking through this forum it sparked my memory and I felt like I needed to share.

I work at a computer consulting shop in a relatively small city. I go out to house calls every now and then to look at customers computers. There was this one lady who lived outside the city, she was a realtor, probably in her 50's, an older client of our business, very kind lady, but I could sense she had a lot of baggage - I could see the depression through her smile. We went upstairs to where her computer was, she sat down next to me as I asked her a few questions about her computer and what was wrong with it, as I started working, she asked me If i had a girlfriend (It was valentines day if I remember correctly). At the time I don't think I had anything steady, but she started talking about her family, her mother had recently passed away and I knew she felt extremely lonely by the things she was openly telling the "computer guy". I believe she was married, but the few times I had been to her house before I’ve never seen her husband.

A few weeks went by, maybe a month or so, and my boss calls and tells me she was still having computer problems, that I needed to call her up and see what the issue was, but he also informed me that her father had just passed away recently, to be understanding. She was still in her pajamas when I got there, I remember seeing her eyes all puffy red. I ended up fixing her problem and leaving, no conversations this time.

About a month passes, I get a call from my boss, he asks me if I remember "the realtor lady" who’s parents had died, I said yes. He begins to tell me that while she was bringing her grandson home in the car one afternoon, she took a picture with her blackberry camera phone, when she looked at the picture closely, she couldn’t believe what she saw. It was a picture of her grandson, and two ghostly faces next to him that looked like ghosts, one on top of the other. The face on the bottom she says was her mothers face, and she thinks the face above her was her mom’s best friend who had passed years earlier.

The reason she called my boss about the picture was because she thought someone hacked into her blackberry and photoshopped the picture in her phone, and she wanted us to verify that it was photoshopped. Needless to say she was devistated. She text the picture to my boss, and my boss then sent it to me to further investigate it. I have no reason to believe that this photo was not tampered with by anyone, nor do I believe someone could have hacked into her blackberry and photoshopped the photo upon the time the image was captured and saved onto the phone.

Here is the picture, it may not have the same exactly hash as the original photo since I’ve copied it a few times, but from the eyes view, it is no different than the image captured directly from her blackberry camera phone.

Original Picture Removed due to lack of permission by owner. Cropped out grandson and posted only the area of picture "in question"

Posted Image

Edited by xampel, 15 August 2012 - 04:22 PM.

Im not the type of person to get upset over someone not believing what I say is truth, because people do lie, thats understandable. On the other hand, I do get upset when people are so ignorant and closed minded that they write off the matter at hand as completely false because they fail to understand or calculate the product of what is being presented to them.

#2    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

Ghost app..

#3    _Only

_Only

• 6,347 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'm sorry, but this screams made up ghost story the way it was written. Things like

he also informed me that her father had just passed away recently, to be understanding
and

He begins to tell me that while she was bringing her grandson home in the car one afternoon, she took a picture with her blackberry camera phone, when she looked at the picture closely, she couldn’t believe what she saw
are just a few reasons.

The reason she called my boss about the picture was because she thought someone hacked into her blackberry and photoshopped the picture in her phone, and she wanted us to verify that it was photoshopped
is where things get even more silly.

Nice ghost story, I guess. But now what? What to talk about here? Photoshop, I guess. :/

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#4    xampel

xampel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

I can promise you that the story is not a lie. I wrote the post in a fashion that would be more interesting to the reader, yes. But as far as the gist of the story goes, its truth. Whether you choose to believe it as truth or lie, I honestly dont care. I posted because I felt like it was related to the topic in the forum I posted it in.

Im not the type of person to get upset over someone not believing what I say is truth, because people do lie, thats understandable. On the other hand, I do get upset when people are so ignorant and closed minded that they write off the matter at hand as completely false because they fail to understand or calculate the product of what is being presented to them.

#5    Daddy Wags

Daddy Wags

Government Agent

• 3,284 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

BrianPotter, on 15 August 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

Ghost app..

Source? I have looked at the ghost apps online, I can't find a match...

Edited by Maestro, 15 August 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#6    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

weird stuff.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#7    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,143 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

Um, did you get a release from this gal so you could start showing people this picture? Does she know that the guy from her computer shop snagged one of her personal images and is now sharing it on the internet?

#8    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

Maestro, on 15 August 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Source? I have looked at the ghost apps online, I can't find a match...

Do you think its a real ghost..?..its either an app or as _only said,photoshop...take your pick..!

#9    xampel

xampel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

rashore, on 15 August 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Um, did you get a release from this gal so you could start showing people this picture? Does she know that the guy from her computer shop snagged one of her personal images and is now sharing it on the internet?

Nope, didn't think about that. Taking image down.

#10    xampel

xampel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

BrianPotter, on 15 August 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

Ghost app..

This picture was taken on a blackberry roughly two years ago. I don’t think blackberry had apps like that - at least not detailed enough to form the image of her mother in such detail to match the grain of the original picture.

Yeah, it’s possible someone could have photoshopped this picture, and they did a damn good job if they did, every pixel and image grain is concurrent.

But why would my client realtor have reason to prank my boss? And I have absolutely no reason to believe my boss pranked me. He’s not the type.

Edited by xampel, 15 August 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#11    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

xampel, on 15 August 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

This picture was taken on a blackberry roughly two years ago. I don’t think blackberry had apps like that - at least not detailed enough to form the image of her mother in such detail to match the grain of the original picture.

Yeah, it’s possible someone could have photoshopped this picture, and they did a damn good job if they did, every pixel and image grain is concurrent.

But why would my client realtor have reason to prank my boss? And I have absolutely no reason to believe my boss pranked me. He’s not the type.

Blackberry has a ghost app but as _only said..it could well be photoshop...its certainly not real..!

Edited by BrianPotter, 15 August 2012 - 04:35 PM.

#12    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,143 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

xampel, on 15 August 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

Nope, didn't think about that. Taking image down.

Yeah, sorry to be a party pooper and bring it up. Perhaps you can get in touch with the gal and ask her if you can share the image with others.

#13    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 2,600 posts

• “The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about and blame it on "paranormal”

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

i'm going to look at the smart phone/black berry ghost apps unless nibs find it first and yes, there were ghost apps back then.

Edited by Brian Topp, 15 August 2012 - 04:35 PM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#14    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,258 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

It's a Demon Ghost App......

I have to agree, nice " story ".....

The picture is photo shopped in my opinion, it is to bad the original with exif data can not be posted.If so numerous experts here would point it out in a heart beat.

Isn't it convenient, 99%  of the time that is not possible?

" the pic is old "

" I did not have permission to post original "

" I deleted it after posting "

blah blah blah

Edited by Sakari, 15 August 2012 - 04:43 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#15    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 2,600 posts

• “The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about and blame it on "paranormal”

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

This kind of nonsense annoys me. Game Over Bro.

I just found the true source and I had also read the comments, the woman's friend claims it to being her mother, not her friend and it was on her IPHONE!

.Heather Romero

• what  the Fu&k is that!!!!!!!!!!!!3 years ago

• Posted Image

Shelly Manning
    You know Tray, on second thought, maybe it's not her 'hand'.....but it sure looks like it could be. I love this picture. What is sad though is the Grandmother on top sure did die a young age huh?3 years ago

• Posted Image

Tracey Chachere
    Thats odd...I didnt notice that...3 years ago

• Posted Image

Shelly Manning
    That is just so freaky Tray! You can see the lady above with her hand in front of her face......wild!3 years ago
Source: http://www.myspace.c...geId":20691595}

Edited by Brian Topp, 15 August 2012 - 04:50 PM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users