Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Why do some people need conspiricies?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#16    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,427 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

View Postmrbusdriver, on 15 August 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

The owner of a significant structure, which he owns, can say anything he wants. No, he's not in the FDNY chain, but there's nothing preventing him from expressing concern about the danger and possible further loss of life.
That I remember his name is because he is THE key figure in YOUR CT about WTC7...I'm surprised you didn't know the name of the man who you were accusing.

I wasn't really accusing anyone of anything.  I was pointing out that despite major questionable descrepancies between events that happened, on 911 and on Dec. 7th 1941, some people will just accept the official version of events without question.  If you really want to argue about 911 specifically, as opposed to addressing the the subject of this thread, which is not single conspiracy oriented, perhaps you should post in a 911 thread.

#17    Little Fish

Little Fish

Government Agent

• 4,000 posts

• The default position is to give a ****

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

View Postmrbusdriver, on 15 August 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

there's nothing preventing him from expressing concern about the danger and possible further loss of life.

"By 11:30 a.m., the fire commander in charge of that area, Assistant Chief Frank Fellini, ordered firefighters away from it for safety reasons."
http://www.nytimes.c...ml?pagewanted=2

timeline:
10:00am south tower collapsed
10:30am north tower collapsed
11:30am firefigters ordered to safety away from wtc7
5:20pm wtc7 collapses

question - what time was silverstein's phone call discussing "pulling firefighters"?
between 10:30am and 11:30am?
doesn;t make sense.

Edited by Little Fish, 15 August 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#18    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,554 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Why do some people need spelling lessuns? :st

#19    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 15 August 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Why do some people need spelling lessuns? :st

All sorts of reasons, don't you think? It's never a good idea to ridicule people because of their poor spelling or grammar. As long as we can understand them, that's all that matters.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#20    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 15 August 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Lizard

Nice thread.

Care to work with a few definitions?

For example, would you be interested in defining "conspiracy"?

You know what I'm talking about as I've given various examples above. Maybe I should change it to conspirAcy theories.

As for my spelling, I spelt it correctly to begin with. Someone on UM editted to discredit me and this thread.

#21    GoldenRabbit

GoldenRabbit

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

I believe that allot of the conspiracy theorists feel empowered by the fact that they know something other people don’t.
So that’s why I believe they defend these claims with such vigilance.

Go The Bunnies :)

#22    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,388 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Conspiracy theorists do not thrive on truth, rather, they thrive on yanking chains.
Much like those who laugh at another's misfortune. Sometimes even causing more so they can laugh even more.

It's a psychosis marked by delusions, paranoia and a bizarre gratification for lies.

Edited by pallidin, 16 August 2012 - 08:22 AM.

#23    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,388 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

Thanks, lizard. :tu:

#24    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,915 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

Nearly everyone agrees that our government, from top to bottom is corupted. We watch as they do unspeakable things to other countries, and thier populas. Whats so hard to believe that they would do similar things to us, if it helps reach a goal? As far as the moon landing, or Princess Diana getting killed, to me, I really dont care enough to even consider a conspiracy. But when you have bankers, who long stated goals are consolidation of economic power, depopluation, and world government, all the while attending pagan rituals and worshiping owl gods, well something has to give.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#25    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,915 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

As far as conspiracy filling a need in people, for me that just isnt true. It was much easyer for me back when I thought governments for the most part had the best interests of its people in mind. Life was much more simple back when OSBL was the true face of evil, and that Iraq and Afgan were just wars.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#26    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,554 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

Lizard

Fair enough, and the spelling reference was just kidding.  We all do it, myself included. :yes:

I use the definition that a conspiracy is an agreement between 2 or more people to accomplish a particular goal, and it usually includes nefarious purposes.  That is, the goal is criminal in nature.  Thus, that suits the purpose of discussing the events of 11 September, which I assume is your point.

So, using that definition, the events of 11 September were indeed a conspiracy.  The only real question is just who the conspirators were.

And in the world of human behavior, conspiracies are quite common.  Considering that extramarital affairs have an illegal flavor to them in many societies, could one say that extramarital affairs are conspiracies?  Matter of interpretation, I guess.

So your question raises another: do people NEED a conspiracy, or are they merely fascinated by them?

#27    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

Not much - neither have been proved or disproved.
funny.. back in the original post seemed like you had it all figured out?

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#28    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

Some people see oddities in stories and events and try to see if they can come up with other possible explainations. Some people have bad experiences with certain groups that cause them to think the worst of them. Some people just want to look smarter than everyone else. And then there are those who are paranoid and see plots everywhere.

So in terms of "needing" conspiracies most people don't. They might have a topic that's important to them but dismiss other theories. But I do believe that there are those who allow conspiracy theories to take over far too much of their lives and I feel bad that these people have such a bleek outlook on life.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#29    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

View Postunit, on 16 August 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

funny.. back in the original post seemed like you had it all figured out?

Did I? I don't remember mentioning magic bullets.

Since you seem to have the answers maybe you could share them.

#30    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,427 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

Part of the problem with the term conspiracy theory is that it has become synonymous with crack-pots, so anything that gets labled a conspiracy theory is automaticaly dismissed by the majority of people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users