Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A theory of everything "space" and "all"

psychic panpsychism god science soul

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#46    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,130 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

View PostArpee, on 18 August 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

The brain does not "observe", you do not "observe", there is only one observer and physical reality is what is being "seen".
All thoughts are based off observations. You haven't thought out this concept very well.

According to your "theory" every thought should be completely random, as the brain is incapable of observing.

Edited by Rlyeh, 18 August 2012 - 06:34 AM.

#47    Arpee

Arpee

.::The Spirit Gives Life::.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 18 August 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

All thoughts are based off observations.

True. This physical reality is an EXTENSION of mind. The brain is not the one doing the actual observing though. It is the one that creates the action (of thought or moves the body).

View PostRlyeh, on 18 August 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

According to your "theory" every thought should be completely random, as the brain is incapable of observing.

You do not observe either, the mind observes through you. There is only one mind. The mind is also observing through the brain and everything, but the physical brain itself does not "observe"; you do not "observe" the mind is observing through you.

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:7-8

#48    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,130 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

View PostArpee, on 18 August 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

True. This physical reality is an EXTENSION of mind. The brain is not the one doing the actual observing though. It is the one that creates the action (of thought or moves the body).
As the mind simply observes (according to you), the brain In order to create an action based on a previous one, must observe. There is no other way around it.

You do not observe either, the mind observes through you. There is only one mind. The mind is also observing through the brain and everything, but the physical brain itself does not "observe"; you do not "observe" the mind is observing through you.
The brain observes in order to form thoughts, you can either address this problem or continue to ignore it. However it is safe to say your theory is pure bunk. It is neither supported by evidence and as you've shown it fails to be logically consistent.

Edited by Rlyeh, 18 August 2012 - 07:09 AM.

#49    Arpee

Arpee

• 1,389 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 18 August 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

As the mind simply observes (according to you), the brain In order to create an action based on a previous one, must observe. There is no other way around it.

The Mind is observing THROUGH you and THROUGH the brain. There is only one mind and physical existence is an extension of that.

View PostRlyeh, on 18 August 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

The brain observes in order to form thoughts, you can either address this problem or continue to ignore it. However it is safe to say your theory is pure bunk.

I addressed it many times, it was you who refused to listen.

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:7-8

#50    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,130 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

View PostArpee, on 18 August 2012 - 07:11 AM, said:

The Mind is observing THROUGH you and THROUGH the brain. There is only one mind and physical existence is an extension of that.

I addressed it many times, it was you who refused to listen.
You've only ignored and drummed on about your little "theory".

I'll make it more simple for you; a brain forms thoughts based on information it possesses, as this "mind" doesn't do anything but observe, the brain can not receive information from this "mind". Conclusion, the brain must observe and collect its own information.

Do what you usually do and ignore this glaring problem.

#51    Arpee

Arpee

• 1,389 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 18 August 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

You've only ignored and drummed on about your little "theory".

I'll make it more simple for you; a brain forms thoughts based on information it possesses, as this "mind" doesn't do anything but observe, the brain can not receive information from this "mind". Conclusion, the brain must observe and collect its own information.

Do what you usually do and ignore this glaring problem.

It doesn't need to "receive" information from this mind because the brain (as all physical existence) is an EXTENSION over it. How many times will you ask the same question?

All observation is done through the mind - and all the mind does is observe - but that does not mean that physical reality is only observing - no, it observes from the mind but the PHYSICAL will DO here.

#52    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,130 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostArpee, on 18 August 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

It doesn't need to "receive" information from this mind because the brain (as all physical existence) is an EXTENSION over it. How many times will you ask the same question?

All observation is done through the mind - and all the mind does is observe - but that does not mean that physical reality is only observing - no, it observes from the mind but the PHYSICAL will DO here.
How many times must you contradict yourself? You said the mind doesn't do ANYTHING. If the brain does not receive information from the mind, it must get the observations from else where.
So really you've got a BS "theory" that falls flat when addressing the brain's awareness, in fact it just completely denies it. Neuroscience alone refutes your "theory".

BTW Please look up the definition of observation, by definition we/our brains observe. It's really annoying when someone invents their own uneducated meanings.

Edited by Rlyeh, 18 August 2012 - 08:44 AM.

#53    Arpee

Arpee

• 1,389 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:54 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 18 August 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

How many times must you contradict yourself? You said the mind doesn't do ANYTHING. If the brain does not receive information from the mind, it must get the observations from else where.

I did not contradict myself, you just didn't understand. The mind (awareness/observation) is connected to all things physical since the physical reality is an EXTENSION of it. So, the brain, the human, the animal, and all others are connected to this mind/awareness. There is no other place "to go" for observations. Only the mind observes but all things are connected to it.

by definition we/our brains observe.

The brain is connected to the mind and the mind is the source of all observation, physical reality is just an extension of it.

It's really annoying when someone invents their own uneducated meanings.

This is why I use alternative words such as "observation", "awareness" , "consciousness" to make sure people grasp the meaning of the idea I am trying to convey. If that "annoys" you - that is a personal problem - not mine. I am just hear to convey the message and if the message is understood I have done my part in this communication.

#54    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,130 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

View PostArpee, on 18 August 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

This is why I use alternative words such as "observation", "awareness" , "consciousness" to make sure people grasp the meaning of the idea I am trying to convey. If that "annoys" you - that is a personal problem - not mine. I am just hear to convey the message and if the message is understood I have done my part in this communication.
Those words are already defined, thankyou. You're making up your own definitions, then accusing me of not understanding because you refuse to use the correct meanings.

Edited by Rlyeh, 18 August 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#55    Arpee

Arpee

• 1,389 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 18 August 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

Those words are already defined, thankyou. You're making up your own definitions, then accusing me of not understanding because you refuse to use the correct meanings.

So, are you saying you do not know what it means to be "aware" of something? I just used different words to help capture the meaning, but all of the words are by their general definition.

"observation of", "conscious of", "aware of" - these are all pretty similar words. What seems to be the confusion? If you let me know I can further explain.

#56    gentai

gentai

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

• life is evolution. love is acceptance. god is consciousness.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

im still a bit lost. if you believe in reincarnation then does this mean the "light-body" or "my spirit" energy can reincarnate?  and i dont understand how observation without memory can be aware of itself or anything else if it cant remember itself. observation / mind would just be a camera / eyeball. i believe awareness cannot exist without memory. and since when did mind / observation aquire the second aspect of awareness? this whole time i thought it incapable of awareness or any other form of intelligence because it was only capable of observation and nothing more.

#57    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,130 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostArpee, on 18 August 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

So, are you saying you do not know what it means to be "aware" of something? I just used different words to help capture the meaning, but all of the words are by their general definition.

"observation of", "conscious of", "aware of" - these are all pretty similar words. What seems to be the confusion? If you let me know I can further explain.
No, I'm saying YOU don't; for instance the brain observes, it is aware, it collects sensory information. Now you can pretend and deny all you like, in the end the definition still applies and you're only fooling yourself.

http://dictionary.re...observation?s=t

Evidence shows the brain observes, makes observations. To deny this (both the definition and evidence) is asinine.

Edited by Rlyeh, 18 August 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#58    Arpee

Arpee

• 1,389 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

Rlyeh,  I can "pretend" or "deny", do you know what these words imply? These words suggest that I do not know the truth that I do, that I am not aware of how this works. The word "deny" is even worse, it makes it seem as though I am trying to "lie" to myself to make myself feel better about a so-called "harsh" reality.

There is no reason to "deny" reality by "pretending" that there is one mind, what would be the advantage of admitting that there is no individuality at the source of all there is? It would be much more comforting to lie and say that there is all of these collections of minds as individuals, that lie would be more comforting and probably more people would believe it, but that is not what I am interested in. I am interested in truth, and from what I see, there is no difference between "your" awareness and "my" awareness, it is just awareness, it is the mind that thinks thoughts of "I am this" or "I prefer that". The awareness itself, the being-ness, the so-called nothingness, how can you call such a impersonal thing individualistic?

Yes, the brain observes in the same since that you do (and all life does), I never "denied" this. What I did say is that this "awareness" is the basis of all reality - so yes, the brain and all things are connected to it, and from this awareness, from this observation, the brain does react.

Here is another metaphor to hopefully explain this in a clearer way:

You are watching a movie, the camera that records this "movie" is the mind being aware of reality, however, the brain (you in the chair watching the movie) can choose to react by feeling certain emotions.

While the brain does nothing but observe, the brain can react from such observations as all things can. This is why I repeatedly said that Mind (awareness/Observation) is at the basis of all reality.

#59    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,130 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostArpee, on 18 August 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

Rlyeh,  I can "pretend" or "deny", do you know what these words imply? These words suggest that I do not know the truth that I do, that I am not aware of how this works. The word "deny" is even worse, it makes it seem as though I am trying to "lie" to myself to make myself feel better about a so-called "harsh" reality.
Lol. If I didn't know what they meant, I wouldn't have used them.
Considering your rejection of the workings of the brain, "deny" and "pretend" are accurate descriptions.

Yes, the brain observes in the same since that you do (and all life does), I never "denied" this. What I did say is that this "awareness" is the basis of all reality - so yes, the brain and all things are connected to it, and from this awareness, from this observation, the brain does react.

The brain does not "observe", you do not "observe", there is only one observer and physical reality is what is being "seen"

Clearly you're making up your own definitions.

Here is another metaphor to hopefully explain this in a clearer way:

You are watching a movie, the camera that records this "movie" is the mind being aware of reality, however, the brain (you in the chair watching the movie) can choose to react by feeling certain emotions.
By definition the mind includes cognitive faculties like choice and thought.

While the brain does nothing but observe, the brain can react from such observations as all things can. This is why I repeatedly said that Mind (awareness/Observation) is at the basis of all reality.
While I've repeatedly shown your definitions are inconsistent.

Edited by Rlyeh, 18 August 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#60    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

View PostArpee, on 18 August 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

I see you have met Rlyeh lol

He wont listen no matter what you tell him as I'm sure youre begnning to notice. I have told him how colour works in the past and he was unable to accept it and even denied the Wiki link he was given. He even denied psychology links from a professor on mental perception -

1. Colour is not a property of photons.
2. Photons come in wavelengths not colours.
3. Gamma waves have a short wavelength, radio waves a long one and light in the visable spectum is somewhere in the middle.
4. Your retina has cells that detect specific wavelengths in the visable spectrum.
5. When they do they send electrical signals to the brain along the optic nerve.
6. Your brain interupts those electrical signals as colour to create your visual experience.
7. Colour is mind.
8. As colour isnt experienced inside your head but around you, your mind exists outside of your skull.
9. In fact, if he bothered to do research, everything including atoms and his body are mental perceptions (With no information particles dont exist - Quantum Mechanics).
10. Reality and mind are the same thing.
11. Therefore your mind is reality.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 18 August 2012 - 12:21 PM.

Also tagged with psychic, panpsychism, god, science, soul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users