Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Time twins

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• News Writer
  • 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: sxc.hu</strong>
Image credit: sxc.hu
Peter Fotis Kapnistos: Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg looks like a painting of Philip IV, king of Spain and Portugal in the 1600s. Hollywood star Nicolas Cage bears a striking resemblance to an amazing 140-year-old photo of a man believed to have lived in Tennessee at the time of the American Civil War. In folklore, a doppelganger or “double walker” is the psychic double of a living person. Is it perhaps an indication of cloaked time travel, reincarnation, or just a matching coincidence?

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Telekinetic

• 7,374 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Reincarnation seems to be a reality.  60 Minutes covered one particular case of a young man sometime last year.  So too, and mentioned in the 60 Minutes piece, the University of Virginia keeps many files of cases that seem to suggest reincarnation.

#3    cenobite

cenobite

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

balderdash

TCB

#4    SteveBronfman

SteveBronfman

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:28 AM

Very interesting article. Some really original ideas.

There seem to be only a limited number of human "archetypes."

On a personal note been told at least 50 times I look like someone else. Half of them say one specific actor but the other half someone the know personally. Could the latter all be referring to the same individual? Unlikely. Therefore I must conclude I look like many other people.

I've also noticed many Indian (from India not Native American) individuals who look like a darker pigmented version of a European-origin person I know. Could this be shared Indo-European ancestry/DNA? Could this just be that there's not that many versions of people?

In William Gibson novels he predicts that we will know longer need a identity-kit to identify a criminal we'll just tell the police which celebrity the criminal looks like.

Edited by SteveBronfman, 23 August 2012 - 02:11 AM.

#5    SteveBronfman

SteveBronfman

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

On second thoughts...had a look at Ed Chiarini's website, the guys like King of the nutcases.

Also, why would Nazi's help Israel? There were still Nazi "refugees" living in Syria and Egypt advising their armies against Israel in '67. Makes no sense.

#6    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Knight of Sarcasm

• 8,781 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:13 AM

View PostSteveBronfman, on 23 August 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

Also, why would Nazi's help Israel? There were still Nazi "refugees" living in Syria and Egypt advising their armies against Israel in '67. Makes no sense.
A couple of reasons actually - putting them all in one place makes it easier to "deal" with, or (less ominously) perhaps it's back to the pre-Hitlerean Nazi idea that "as long as they're not here in Germany" would suffice for the "undesirables".

#7    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

I haven't meet anyone who is time or a date twin. But I have a friend who found out that she and Marie Antoinette  share a rising sign and an accendant sign.  Though unlike poor Marie she still has her head. And like Marie she also has 4 children.

#8    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,345 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

I've been told by numerous people that I look like Kevin Bacon. What do you guys think?

I've also been compared to Mathew Lillard and a much younger Dennis Quaid.

Attached Files

Edited by Mentalcase, 11 September 2012 - 01:37 AM.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#9    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,345 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

Wow I killed this topic!! Someone answer my post, do I look like Mr. Bacon? :)

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#10    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,028 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

I can see the Kevin Bacon, not so much Dennis Quaid (whom I love as an actor!).

Posted Image

~MEH~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users