Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Ecuador grants Wikileaks founder asylum

wikileaks ecuador julian assange

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#121    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 9,954 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

the case in the UK has nothing to do with wiki leaks. or his whistle blowing. people need to realise this, because the two are getting mixed up by some people - take a minute to remind ourselves its only the alleged sex crime committed in Sweden in question here.  

we havent even started on the wiki leaks/whistle blowing, his supporters need to keep their powder dry for when that time comes.

if the case here in the UK was about extradition on the grounds of wiki leaks / whistle blowing we'd be talking about extradition to the USA and not sweden.

Edited by stevewinn, 20 August 2012 - 09:33 PM.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#122    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,106 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

Fitting for Assange, I have a song for him.

By an old group, the Trammps>  Burn baby burn...

#123    hetrodoxly

hetrodoxly

Alien Abducter

• 5,044 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostDrayno, on 20 August 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

So wanting to live is a crime?
Not facing up to the allegation of sexual assault in Sweden is the crime, erroneously using wikileaks shows his character.

Edited by hetrodoxly, 20 August 2012 - 10:32 PM.

Thank god i'm an athiest.

Veni, vidi, Vertigo, i came i saw i couldn't get down.
Hetrodoxly.

#124    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,106 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

Thanks, Lizard. :yes:

#125    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

View Posthetrodoxly, on 20 August 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

Not facing up to the allegation of sexual assault in Sweden is the crime, erroneously using wikileaks shows his character.

Because if he goes to Sweden he'll land in the United States... which is what the United States want.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#126    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,106 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

View PostDrayno, on 20 August 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

Because if he goes to Sweden he'll land in the United States... which is what the United States want.

No, that's not the problem.
The problem is that he is a rapist and he knows it and is afraid of what Sweden will do with him.

As far as the US and the rest of the world, he is a traitor to humanity, so he should be very afraid, as he is.

Assange, you can run but not hide. By the way, the first 3 letters of your name...

Edited by pallidin, 21 August 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#127    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

- Antisthenes.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

View Postpallidin, on 21 August 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

No, that's not the problem.
The problem is that he is a rapist and he knows it and is afraid of what Sweden will do with him.

As far as the US and the rest of the world, he is a traitor to humanity, so he should be very afraid, as he is.

Assange, you can run but not hide. By the way, the first 3 letters of your name...

Since you pretty much probably ignored one of my posts, or did not read it, let me share this with you..

"If you were currently on the most wanted list by one of the largest, most influential countries in the world; a country that illegally exercises military action that kills civilians, that discreetly overthrows regimes to replace them with governments they fund and influence, that funds drug cartels and gives them weapons, then wages a crooked war on drugs - that attempts to limit the rights of its citizens to peacefully assemble for a list of grievances against their government, that attempts to dismantle habeas corpus and legal representation, that sets up controversial surveillance systems that attempts to survey what you think, do, or say - and you expose all of this, they are going to try to hook their claws in your arm. What better way than having an ally nation create rape allegations so that they can extradite you?"

Common sense.

Posted Image

#128    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,106 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

Ok, Drayno, you hate western values and spin tales to promote that hatred. Got it.

For myself, I prefer to deal with truth.

#129    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,225 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

Frankly, all Julian is to the Eucadorean government is a tool to gain some political leverage over America and/or Sweden.
What's the bet that the moment it's politically useful Jules will be given to the Yanks in exchange for something useful to the Ecuadoreans?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#130    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

Sweden will not extract Assange to America, which really doesn't explain why they don't want too. But he is wanted for questioning for two rape charges brought up against him by two ex wikileaks coworkers who say he raped them. This is not about him releasing American classified documents at all, this is about this crime he has committed and then fled to the Ecuador Embassy located in London. Before he fled, America barely made a attempt to extract him, because they have bigger issues to deal with than a two bit whiner like him. They were currently in war in Afghanistan and Iraq, fighting off terrorists while trying to keep their soldiers alive. Of course some of the information he released uncensored did painted names of individuals that could become targets of Terrorists while they were in either of these countries, but he got lucky that none of them was killed and they were extracted by the American government to protect them.

Don't get me wrong, some of the stuff that is done in war is considered a War Crime, but those actions are based off individuals who committed them. Not by orders from higher ups in the military. Now the C.I.A. on the other hands have very dirty hands, like false flag operations and other less than humane actions that to them means ends justified the means. America is at war with all terrorist organizations around the world, it is a matter of life and death for military personals who are posted there. If you were post in those situations, some of you would commit War Crimes that you denounces from frustration to anger over the actions of civilians protecting the terrorists. War is not black and white, is has more shades of gray than any old time photo you would see. War is messy and let's leave it at that.

Assange won't be extracted to America without the authorization of the government who has him, which gives them leverage if the U.S. government wants him bad enough. I highly doubt the government would want to put themselves in that situation with a foreign government. Only reason Assange is making announcements supposedly about America's Witch hunt is because of his ego, to make the world think he is the victim in this whole mess. He is throwing the attention of his own charges that are brought up against him, hoping the world will fall for his bag of tricks.

Either he mans up and faces the charges that are brought up against him or sit in Ecuador Embassy, bringing liability to that country, ruining their reputation in the eyes of the world for his own selfish means of avoiding the law. No one is above the law, that includes Julian Assange. If he wants to talk about justices, first justice must be served for the two ex-wikileaks coworkers who had their trust betrayed by him, then he can rage on America all he wants too. His creditability greatly diminished in my eyes because of his own actions.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 21 August 2012 - 02:40 AM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#131    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

- Antisthenes.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:14 AM

View Postpallidin, on 21 August 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Ok, Drayno, you hate western values and spin tales to promote that hatred. Got it.

For myself, I prefer to deal with truth.

I do not hate western values. I dislike the hypocrisy inherent with the way our western leaders spin western values to promote and fulfill their agendas. Hatred is only a tool to some, whereas it is a mindset to those that would be easily misguided by propaganda and lies. The truth is subjective, friend - and when you are dealing with governments of any kind, the truth is a commodity that is rare to find. I can assure you of that.

Posted Image

#132    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

View PostDrayno, on 20 August 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

So?

He needs prosecuting for both.

#133    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

I see Galloway has stuck his nose in where it is not wanted and upset victim groups of sexual assaults and rapes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-19323783

Posted Image

#134    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 20 August 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

the case in the UK has nothing to do with wiki leaks. or his whistle blowing. people need to realise this, because the two are getting mixed up by some people - take a minute to remind ourselves its only the alleged sex crime committed in Sweden in question here.  

we havent even started on the wiki leaks/whistle blowing, his supporters need to keep their powder dry for when that time comes.

if the case here in the UK was about extradition on the grounds of wiki leaks / whistle blowing we'd be talking about extradition to the USA and not sweden.

You cannot see the forest for the trees. :no:

#135    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

View Posthetrodoxly, on 20 August 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

Do you suppose that the fact of the first prosecutor declaring there was no case has anything to do with that?

If 2 women accused you falsely, and the cops agreed with you, how would YOU act?

Also tagged with wikileaks, ecuador, julian assange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users