Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Ecuador grants Wikileaks founder asylum

wikileaks ecuador julian assange

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#46    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 18 August 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Sounds to me like he wants the best of both worlds. He wants to expose the secrets of countries he's not even a citizen of, which in turn exposes the politicians at the heart of them (not a bad thing in itself, since they are accountable to those that elected them)...he however doesn't want to be accountable for anything...he thinks secrets should be exposed, but he can do what he likes and should be immune from the law.

Thing is at the moment he is not being asked to be accountable for wiki leaks and there are no warrants out for him for that.  He wants wiki leaks to make him immune from prosecution for sexual crimes on a personal level.  Lets face it, if you took out wiki leaks from the the situation the whole world would want him chucked out of the embassy and thrown to the public.

For God's sake even the much loved Clinton had to answer claims about his personal sexual life.  Obviously Assange thinks he is above what he and his supporters say is the corrupt most powerful men in the world.

Posted Image

#47    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,540 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

View Postskookum, on 18 August 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

Thing is at the moment he is not being asked to be accountable for wiki leaks and there are no warrants out for him for that.  He wants wiki leaks to make him immune from prosecution for sexual crimes on a personal level.  Lets face it, if you took out wiki leaks from the the situation the whole world would want him chucked out of the embassy and thrown to the public.

For God's sake even the much loved Clinton had to answer claims about his personal sexual life.  Obviously Assange thinks he is above what he and his supporters say is the corrupt most powerful men in the world.

Precisely. You just worded what I was trying to say more concisely. :tu:

The man's a hypocrite.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#48    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 18 August 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Precisely. You just worded what I was trying to say more concisely. :tu:

The man's a hypocrite.

He has announced he will leave the embassy tomorrow at 2pm GMT.

I hope then stun gun him.

#49    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,753 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 18 August 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

Really? Wow.
Should be interesting news.

#50    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

Lizard

Why aren't they extraditing him to the US?

Well, it's kinda like rendition--the US likes to use other governments to do their dirty work.  Kinda like they had AT&Treason do the dirty work for the NSA in intercepting domestic and foreign communications without warrants.

They want to be able to tell the american sheeple that Assange committed rape in Sweden, and so our taking him into custody will achieve 2 goals.  However they would say it, deception is being employed.

It's a pattern of behavior, rather decades old now.

#51    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

Sky

I know many hypocrites, lots of them.  I've been called one before, probably with just cause.

But there is no law saying that a hypocrite cannot be correct on any given issue.

Exposing government crimes should be grounds for a National Medal, but it's not.  Indeed, some would like to shoot the messenger, better yet hang him, instead of stopping the government crimes, or at least punishing the law breakers.

#52    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,753 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hey. I have NO PROBLEM with disclosing government crimes. But to blatantly disclose government secrets when there is no crime is insanity.

#53    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,540 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 18 August 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Sky

I know many hypocrites, lots of them.  I've been called one before, probably with just cause.

But there is no law saying that a hypocrite cannot be correct on any given issue.

Exposing government crimes should be grounds for a National Medal, but it's not.  Indeed, some would like to shoot the messenger, better yet hang him, instead of stopping the government crimes, or at least punishing the law breakers.

He needs to answer questions himself about possibly breaking the law....and he needs to go to Sweden to answer those questions. If he has done nothing wrong and they let him go, good on him, if not, tough. You want the law breakers in government punished, and him to circumnavigate the law as he see's fit. He's a hypocrite.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#54    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

I would imagine Equador would be an easy place for him to come to an unfortunate fatal accident

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#55    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,540 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

Why do people want him dead? bit OTT isn't it........i'm sure if he had seriously brought countries to a point of war through his wikileaks antics, or leaked highly sensitive material relating to military projects etc then he'd already be propping up a fly-over somewhere....

He's just an irritant, grandstanding about his own self importance...he just needs to be sent to the country that wants to question him - he's not a British citizen, he's not our problem.

#56    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,296 posts

• ראה

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:25 AM

View PostThe Mule, on 18 August 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

I would imagine Equador would be an easy place for him to come to an unfortunate fatal accident
Perhaps, but he is viewed as a prince of the left, so it's in their interest to help protect him, if he makes it to their soil.

Assange was smart, he timed this move to coincide with the Olympics, in part I suspect, knowing full well that the Red Coats wouldn't want to divert attention away from this situation.

Common sense says that it should be in the interest of the British to get rid of Assange. Why make him the example?

Let him go to Equador. We need more revealing data on how the Beast operates.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#57    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,560 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

just raid the Ecuadorian embassy its only bloody Ecuador. this situation could have been dealt with within an hour. the police could have raided the embassy arrested him, and flown him out to sweden, it would have all been done and dusted.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#58    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

View Poststevewinn, on 19 August 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

just raid the Ecuadorian embassy its only bloody Ecuador. this situation could have been dealt with within an hour. the police could have raided the embassy arrested him, and flown him out to sweden, it would have all been done and dusted.

I agree.

And if Ecuador want to join Argentina in the Falklands 2 we'll quite happily kick its **** too lol.

#59    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 18 August 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

I hope then stun gun him.

He isnt coming out he is making a statement from the balcony.  However watching the build up this could get interesting as the balcony is in dispute whether it is still embassy ground or British soil.  

Apparently the Ecuadorians only have a couple of offices in that building.  The hallway and stairs are communal and are being constantly policed.  Must be pretty boring in there lol.

Posted Image

#60    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,646 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

View Postskookum, on 19 August 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

He isnt coming out he is making a statement from the balcony.  However watching the build up this could get interesting as the balcony is in dispute whether it is still embassy ground or British soil.  

Apparently the Ecuadorians only have a couple of offices in that building.  The hallway and stairs are communal and are being constantly policed.  Must be pretty boring in there lol.
This guy is going to go completely crackers in there.  Too bad they can't jam his ability to use the internet.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

Also tagged with wikileaks, ecuador, julian assange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users