Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

eBay To Ban Sale Of Hexes And Spells

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#46    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,707 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 20 August 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Succubi and Inccubi ,are not nice entities,and usually kill or maim their targets.
If you believe in this kind of thing,wwwwwhhhhyyyy would you want one ?

The thrill.  :)  Danger can be fun.

A much cheaper and sometimes hilarious option is to buy silk bedding and silk jammies and attempt a ration of passion with your beloved.

Edited by Eldorado, 20 August 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#47    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostParacelse, on 20 August 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

If it's the hair and teeth only, they could actually start loosing money ... got to hurt the wallet dontchou know?

Don't be silly!
The tooth fairy will pay top bucks for them teeth.

#48    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,707 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 19 August 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

You know how if you look at a lot of a certain type of item ebay tries to 'choose' other things you miht be interested in and show a selection on the homepage for you?

Make you wonder what thei algorithm will choose for you if you search through 'sexual succubus' listings?

DVDs about oral-sex on public transport is what I got.

(apologies... lol)

#49    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostEldorado, on 20 August 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

I hear ya.. lol

but.. (more seriously, which ain't easy on a thread about "spells") I believe health is one of the great levellers of people.  If money could buy you good health, rich people wouldn't die or suffer.  They can buy drugs and treatment to keep them going a little longer and maybe ease the suffering a little better.. but they still hurt and still fear ill-health.  Same as us "poor folks".

*smiley smoking a cigar and drinking 12yr-old Malt*
The funny thing is .... health is something one could keep a long time if a little carefull .. and 12 years old single malt should be reimbourse as heart medication by the healthcare system of each country... in moderation of course, just two fingers of it a day... the distance between the thumb and the pinky........ stretched.

View PostKing Fluffs, on 20 August 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Don't be silly!
The tooth fairy will pay top bucks for them teeth.
I thought there was a agee limit by the fairies plus the fact you had to be a believer, so technically those non believers ebay shareholders get deadly squat!

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#50    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 20 August 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Succubi and Inccubi ,are not nice entities,and usually kill or maim their targets.
If you believe in this kind of thing,wwwwwhhhhyyyy would you want one ?

I think some are into that kinda thing.
They usually end up being gullible too.

#51    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

View PostParacelse, on 20 August 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

I thought there was a agee limit by the fairies plus the fact you had to be a believer, so technically those non believers ebay shareholders get deadly squat!

I'm not saying you should kidnap anyone.
That is an option however.
:tu:

#52    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostEldorado, on 20 August 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

DVDs about oral-sex on public transport is what I got.

(apologies... lol)

Oh dear.
You just reminded me why I never use public transport anymore.

I didn't have enough bleach to cleanse my eyes that day.
:unsure:

#53    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

On one hand, I say if people want to buy that stuff then let it be sold. On the other, I'm glad to see a major company admit that humans are morons who need to be protected from themselves, because I've been saying that for years.

On a related note, one of my friends lost his soul in a game of pool. He delivered it to the winner in a jar, labeled "*****'s Soul", a few days later. The winner kept it for a year or so, then finally returned it out of the goodness of his heart.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#54    shobonimaster

shobonimaster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

• Theres morally wrong, and then theres "I don't have bail money" wrong

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

That sucks, I used to enjoy looking at the weird "cursed Items" and stuff on there. Some of them have really entertaining stories on the listings.

Edited by shobonimaster, 20 August 2012 - 06:19 PM.

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

#55    iluthradanar

iluthradanar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

People are fools who spend money foolishly. When I saw someone selling an old restaurant doggie bag, grease and all, I gave up on ebay.

#56    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

View Postiluthradanar, on 20 August 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

People are fools who spend money foolishly. When I saw someone selling an old restaurant doggie bag, grease and all, I gave up on ebay.

Was it the kind that actually says "doggie bag"? ...

Posted Image

If it is, I can see why they would sell it, restaurants don't use these anymore, which is too bad, because I think they are kind of funny, even if discriminatory towards other animals ...

Once when I was coming out of a restaurant carrying some leftovers and a homeless man asked if I he could have my leftovers. I would have liked to have shown the doggie bag so I could say, "Why, so you can make my dog go hungry, you inhuman vagabond piece of human debris!"

^
sorry ( self imposed facepalm ) :( I'm actually checking myself into a facepalm treatment facility, one of the finest in the country, located in Facepalm Springs, CA

Edited by Vein Capital, 20 August 2012 - 09:10 PM.

Posted Image

#57    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,537 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

To what I understand so far, and I've been digging around a tad on this.. You can't sell the service of casting a spell, but you can still sell a kit containing everything one needs to cast the spell for ones own self.. Provided the seller puts in plenty of CMA for if the spell does not work up to buyers expectations. You can't sell a tarot reading but you can sell tarot decks or books. You can't sell an object that contains a djinn or whatever that you can release and command, but you can sell a cursed object with the proper CMA. So yes, given proper listing and storyline we will still have haunted art and dolls.

I think ebay is just tired of playing the CMA game itself, and tired of having to settle buyer/seller disputes for intangible or unquantifiable things. Seller X offered to curse my ex, and my ex's life isn't sucking enough, or I got a reading and it wasn't true enough, or I paid a crapton of money for a spirit on command (usually sex) and they didn't pop up and appease me. Or from the sellers side, buyer X made the purchase then didn't pay up because of second thoughts or the buyer didn't really have that money to pay, or whatever. Ebay has rules for disputes, and I bet they have gone through some serious headaches. As a reputable intermediary, they have to deal with each and every complaint.
I think some of the savvy, slimy, whatever sellers will switch to offering up tangible items with all the shout outs of visit our off ebay direct channel for other goods/services. Like they will sell a few items that ebay will allow along with plenty of offers for custom options if the buyer goes to the off ebay site to the sellers personal site.

#58    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostEldorado, on 20 August 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

The thrill.  :)  Danger can be fun.

A much cheaper and sometimes hilarious option is to buy silk bedding and silk jammies and attempt a ration of passion with your beloved.
And let's just say,this is an instance right out of a movie,and said thing you buy ,has a succubus .A real one .
So after maybe,,a night or two of passion ,she possesses your beloved,and your beloved cuts your happy place off,and feeds it to the dog,and you are front page Enquired news .
You will wish you got the silk jammies .
Just sayin .

Miss me?

#59    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,712 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

This will save jobs, support your local witch.

Edited by Hilander, 21 August 2012 - 01:37 AM.

#60    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:30 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 21 August 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

And let's just say,this is an instance right out of a movie,and said thing you buy ,has a succubus .A real one .
So after maybe,,a night or two of passion ,she possesses your beloved,and your beloved cuts your happy place off,and feeds it to the dog,and you are front page Enquired news .
You will wish you got the silk jammies .
Just sayin .

My sucubus got me where it really hurts, my wallet .............. it's called a divorce!

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users