Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Steve Quayle's list of dead scientists

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,857 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

Here's lists of dead scientists with cause of deaths.....I contributed who, take a guess as to why and post.

http://www.stevequay...index.php?s=145

http://www.stevequay...index.php?s=146

http://www.stevequay...index.php?s=147

#2    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,857 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

No takers?

Really interesting stuff, so many micro-biologists woking on things like AIDS to bio-weapons dying from home invasions, muggings, suspicious suicides, single vehicle car wrecks.

If I was a conspiracy theorist ( :innocent: ) I'd be on this like stink on dead fish.

#3    Liquid Gardens

Liquid Gardens

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

• "Or is it just remains of vibrations from echoes long ago"

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

Okay, I'll take a guess:  because people, including scientists, die all the time from various causes?  What's 'suspicious' about the suicides, are there any suicides listed that are deemed non-suspicious?  I thought I saw some astronomers listed also, what do they have to do with bio-weapons?  Most importantly, has anyone analyzed the mortality data to see if scientists are dying at a higher rate than the base population?

"You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into"
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence" - C. Hitchens
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" - Richard Feynman

#4    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,857 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

Yeah..... I don't know, let me conduct a study and and get back to you on that............

Perhaps I should have mentioned imagination and desire to be interested helpful.

#5    Liquid Gardens

Liquid Gardens

Psychic Spy

• 1,484 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

I am interested if there's something to it.  Our imagination could take us all kinds of places and I'm sure make all kinds of connections and note numerous coincidences.  You asked for a 'guess' though, so I gave you my best guess based on, literally, a list of dead scientists with no context.  

Am I wrong that the underlying statement or suggestion is, 'Isn't it strange that all these scientists/biochemists have died in the last ~20 years?'?  Shouldn't then the first step logically be finding out if it is actually unusual or if it falls outside general mortality rates and causes?  Yes, we could just jump to the part where we start trying to connect these people and try to find something that looks 'fishy', I doubt that would be too difficult (for some definitions of 'fishy'), but that seems to put the cart before the horse when it can be squashed simply if were to find out, 'actually, scientists' death rate and causes of death are right in line with the general population'.  For all we know, they may be dying at a rate less than the population.  

I'm not trying to be a bummer or anything, just seems a bit too wide open right now; a simple list doesn't really tell us if there's anything unusual going on, and I guess I'm not sure what you're looking for.  Maybe it's just to see if we could create a 'conspiracy theory' from this, that might be interesting.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence" - C. Hitchens
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" - Richard Feynman

#6    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostLiquid Gardens, on 17 August 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

Okay, I'll take a guess:  because people, including scientists, die all the time from various causes?  What's 'suspicious' about the suicides, are there any suicides listed that are deemed non-suspicious?  I thought I saw some astronomers listed also, what do they have to do with bio-weapons?  Most importantly, has anyone analyzed the mortality data to see if scientists are dying at a higher rate than the base population?
Drug addled rockstars don't even die at this rate . Look at Keef .
The list of 911 witnesses who are now dead,reads like this too .

Miss me?

#7    Liquid Gardens

Liquid Gardens

Psychic Spy

• 1,484 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

It looks to me like Steve Quayle could do a little more work in tying these dead scientists together in some way, he just has lists of them, doesn't mention anything specifically suspicious about their deaths for some of the scientists, and has some links to articles. Some of the more specific articles are at least interesting, if everything they are saying is actually accurate and complete.  But if Quayle is trying to impress just with the sheer amount of scientists, he could at least have some standards as far as who deserves to be included:

#52: Ilsley Ingram, age 84. Died on April 12, 2004 from unknown causes. Ingram was Director of the Supraregional Haemophilia Reference Centre and the Supraregional Centre for the Diagnosis of Bleeding Disorders at the St. Thomas Hospital in London. Although his age is most likely the reason for his death, why wasn't this confirmed by the family in the news media?

Why wasn't the reason for his death 'confirmed' by the family in the news media, really?  Is this what makes an 84 year old passing away suspicious in some way?  Because it's got an easy, likely, sensible explanation: it's none of the news media's business, and the family has no obligation to respond to ghouls.  I think Quayle needs a bit more focus, maybe just strictly on microbiologists that have some suspicion to them.

#8    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,969 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

Psst hey!, Oversword:

27 Club.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

Liquid Gardens (great name for a bar or Night Club by the way!) already looked at the list and I'm taking his word for it because he's never lied to me before.

Steve Quayle isn't a relation to Mr. Potatoe-head, is he?.

- LG

#9    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,155 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

A conspiracy theorist would find that an extra hair on a gnats butt worthy of blaming it on the US government.

#10    Liquid Gardens

Liquid Gardens

Psychic Spy

• 1,484 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 18 August 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

Psst hey!, Oversword:

27 Club.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

Liquid Gardens (great name for a bar or Night Club by the way!) already looked at the list and I'm taking his word for it because he's never lied to me before.

Thanks, haven't thought of the name that way, good idea though.

Curiously, I got 'liquid gardens' from a Jimi Hendrix song.  And of course Jimi is pretty much a founding member of, you guessed it, the 27 Club!!  Add in that our screen names start with the same 2 initials, we both posted at times that end in nines which just conveniently happens to be the exact number of letters in the screen name of the original poster, OverSword... well, I think that's all I need say, just read between the lines...

#11    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,125 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:45 AM

View PostLiquid Gardens, on 18 August 2012 - 02:13 AM, said:

Thanks, haven't thought of the name that way, good idea though.

Curiously, I got 'liquid gardens' from a Jimi Hendrix song.  And of course Jimi is pretty much a founding member of, you guessed it, the 27 Club!!  Add in that our screen names start with the same 2 initials, we both posted at times that end in nines which just conveniently happens to be the exact number of letters in the screen name of the original poster, OverSword... well, I think that's all I need say, just read between the lines...

Ahhh, but you're not Canadian, are you...?  ;)

:whistle:

Cz

"Thinking is critical, because sense is not common..." - GreaterSapien
"Enquiring and doubting the "official story" are also good things .... However when these doubts require you to ignore the evidence, to dishonestly cherry pick evidence and claim it supports your case when it doesn't, when you operate a double standard; demanding proof of that which is already proven whilst making unsupported statements and personal opinions to back your own case and when you deny the truth simply because it IS the official story then you are no longer acting in a rational way. This is not the behaviour of a "different thinker", this is the behaviour of a "believer" who chooses not to rationally think about the evidence at all." - Waspie Dwarf

#12    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,969 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:13 AM

View PostCzero 101, on 18 August 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:

Ahhh, but you're not Canadian, are you...?  ;)

Cz
If Iron Lotus (I would have gone with 'Butterfly' myself) or Corp, also likes Liquid Gardens' post, THEN... it's a conspiracy!

#13    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,125 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 18 August 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

If Iron Lotus (I would have gone with 'Butterfly' myself) or Corp, also likes Liquid Gardens' post, THEN... it's a conspiracy!

Oh yes... quite right.... nothing else to see here.... * WINK *

Cz

"Thinking is critical, because sense is not common..." - GreaterSapien
"Enquiring and doubting the "official story" are also good things .... However when these doubts require you to ignore the evidence, to dishonestly cherry pick evidence and claim it supports your case when it doesn't, when you operate a double standard; demanding proof of that which is already proven whilst making unsupported statements and personal opinions to back your own case and when you deny the truth simply because it IS the official story then you are no longer acting in a rational way. This is not the behaviour of a "different thinker", this is the behaviour of a "believer" who chooses not to rationally think about the evidence at all." - Waspie Dwarf

#14    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Psychic Spy

• 1,190 posts

• I see shadows on the road again wonder if they coming for my soul. I get trapped up in this mode I'm in and will I every grow old.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:51 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 18 August 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

....*glares* lol ;)

#15    Liquid Gardens

Liquid Gardens

Psychic Spy

• 1,484 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

View PostOverSword, on 17 August 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Yeah..... I don't know, let me conduct a study and and get back to you on that............

Perhaps I should have mentioned imagination and desire to be interested helpful.

Oh okay, I'll do it then if you're going to question my imagination and desire to be interested.  2004 is Quayle's biggest list, with 27 dead scientists.  There are 43000 members of the American Society of Microbiologists worldwide (Steve includes the deaths of two Iraqi scientists on his 2004 list).  The death rate in the US is, I'll round down, 8 per 1000 people annually.  Thus, we should expect on average 344 (8 times 43) of our 43000 ASM members to die annually, we're a bit short with 27.  But let's be fair, we're really talking about mur-der here I think.  There are some obvious murders it appears on his list, and the US murder rate is 5.5 per 100,000 in 2004, so we'd only expect around 2 of the ASM members to be murdered a year (the US has a high murder rate and there is a death in England listed I think, but the other international deaths are in the safe havens of Mexico and Iraq, so I think this rate is fair).  So yes, this at first looks fishy if we take Steve's word for everything in his cause of death descriptions; there appear to be, depending on how generous we want to be, roughly 10 possible murders on the list, maybe a few more.  Screw it, let's say all 27 are murders including the two 84 year olds, that means we'd need these to come out of a pool of less than 500,000 people in order for this many murders to be unusually high, on average (allowing for the total imprecision and invalidity of my equation, but it's only as vague as the original assertion is).  So at this point, it's possible something's amiss, but we don't know because only some on our list of 27 are microbiologists.

Thus ends my display of desire to be interested, but I think someone who is equally desiring of interest should add to our pool of 43000 ASM members the numbers of professional entomologists, wildlife scientists/veterinarians, nuclear scientists, PhD chemists, alternative energy experts, hematologists, and professors and scientists 'who also held leadership positions within' a university's medical community, all who are included in the 2004 dead scientists list along with microbiologists, and see where we stand next to half a million.  2004 seemed to be an exceptionally hazardous year to be a scientist and is the worst case; the other years have less than half the number in 2004 and are probably more representative.  And none of this required conducting a study just a couple lookups; no man, you just relax, I got this one...  ;)

On the plus side, I've never even heard of this 'conspiracy' if that's what it's called, so at least it's novel to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users