Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Reasons Why People Are Voting for Bush or Kerry

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#16    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 28 September 2004 - 06:00 PM

I think we may be missing the point here a bit.

Regardless of how anyone feels about polls(take a college course in statistics and you may get a better idea of how the polls work; they can be effective, that is why they are used), out of the 1000+ people polled over one quarter of the kerry supporters were voting kerry because they disliked bush or wanted bush out of office. They were not voting for kerry because they liked his policy; they voted for him because he wasn't bush. Kind of sad.

I do find it very funny that any poll posted here that shows bush being ahead gets applause and "bush 2004"/"Bush in a landslide" quotes.

Somehow anytime that a poll comes along that shows bush in any less than a winning position the responses are "polls are trash"/"polls don't mean anything"...

Even though this poll doesn't even show bush being behind, the fact that it points out that he is disliked is enough to get the latter response...

Very interesting.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#17    panther10758

panther10758

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

• Any man can become a Father it takes a REAL MAN to be a DAD!

Posted 28 September 2004 - 06:10 PM

Her comment never said we were perfect or that our system was flawless she merely pointed out the difference in protecting between the two countries and I agree with are much more prepared! Perhaps I missed it but I never read where we were totally ready to stop ANY terrorist attack only that we were more ready to stop said attack than other country

#18    panther10758

panther10758

Psychic Spy

• 1,215 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 06:12 PM

ALL polls are trash regardless of who is victor!

#19    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

Thomas Paine

Posted 28 September 2004 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE(panther10758 @ Sep 28 2004, 11:12 AM)
ALL polls are trash regardless of who is victor!

View Post

huh.gif
That is an intersting response. I don't quite understand the animosity towards statistics, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Perhaps someone would like to start a thread titled: Terrorism: what countries are ready for an attack? as that seems to be the direction that this thread is going and I would prefer to keep it a bit closer to being on topic than that.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

#20    gollum

gollum

Psychic Spy

• 1,131 posts

• CHE GUEVARA
    "La Revolucion De La Gente Cubana"

Posted 28 September 2004 - 06:35 PM

Perhaps someone would like to start a thread titled: Terrorism: what countries are ready for an attack? as that seems to be the direction that this thread is going and I would prefer to keep it a bit closer to being on topic than that.

Sorry Fluffs, but you know me.... got to say my bit an' all. wink2.gif

Two hundred pounds? I'm not trying to buy cocaine!

Dougal: Oho, Ted, the Italians know about football, all right. And fashion. God Ted, do you remember that man who was so good at fashion, they had to shoot him?

Come here and play online chess @ Gameknot!

#21    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 28 September 2004 - 06:50 PM

Get out!_gollum...most of what you bring up are soft targets. rolleyes.gif  And what about 'your' water supply?

Edited by Babs, 28 September 2004 - 07:56 PM.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#22    panther10758

panther10758

Psychic Spy

• 1,215 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:51 PM

In reply to..................That is an intersting response. I don't quite understand the animosity towards statistics, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Animosity isnt the word I would use however since you brought it up I feel that polls are unrealiable therefore trash. Its not whose Poll it is or who it favors I find them all to be worthless

#23    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:54 PM

The most prepared country?  Isreal.  They still get attacks.

Terrorists win I guess.

#24    panther10758

panther10758

Psychic Spy

• 1,215 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:59 PM

Terorist win?! that is almost insulting think of all the lives saved that goes unreported from attacks stopped or prevented by taking a stance againist terrorism! So we should all just lay down and give terrorist everything they want because they win. Now thats scary!

#25    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

• The first step in any self improvement program is to admit there is room for improvement.

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:12 PM

A vote for George Bush is a vote for family values, morals, security, and a future. A vote for John Kerry is just a vote wasted, just what does he stand for anyway. He went and served in Vietnam, for that he has my respect. Then he comes home and starts protesting the war, for that he lost my respect. I am not denying that war is the only hell on earth, but when you make comments that get our POW's hurt and killed while they are in those God awful POW camps. Just where is this mans brain. Does he really believe that the U.N. would have been able to get Sadam out of power. Please he thumbed his nose at the U.N. sanctions for, what 12 years.

As we go through this life reaching, striving, and straining for life's brass ring, has any of us ever stopped to wonder just who is running the Merry-Go-Round?
You must play the hand that life deals you, if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently .

#26    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

• The first step in any self improvement program is to admit there is room for improvement.

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:17 PM

The best reason in the world to vote for George Bush
[attachmentid=5639]

Attached Files

As we go through this life reaching, striving, and straining for life's brass ring, has any of us ever stopped to wonder just who is running the Merry-Go-Round?
You must play the hand that life deals you, if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently .

#27    panther10758

panther10758

Psychic Spy

• 1,215 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:20 PM

thumbsup.gif  Well put!

#28    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

Thomas Paine

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:23 PM

blink.gif

#29    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:29 PM

I must admit I don't see the conection?

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#30    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:32 PM

Talon
   The Connection is that the United States and the world will be a safer place for my 4 month old son.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users