Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Reasons Why People Are Voting for Bush or Kerry

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#31    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:33 PM

.... safer.... with Bush? blink.gif

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#32    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:33 PM

bunny rabbit on the shirt
bunny's have big ears
george bush?

May 23, 2004... it's in the past, maybe there's a nemerlogical connection?

Oh, my childs future!  Great lookin kid there. original.gif

#33    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

• The first step in any self improvement program is to admit there is room for improvement.

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:34 PM

Much safer, and of higher moral value

As we go through this life reaching, striving, and straining for life's brass ring, has any of us ever stopped to wonder just who is running the Merry-Go-Round?
You must play the hand that life deals you, if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently .

#34    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

• The first step in any self improvement program is to admit there is room for improvement.

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:36 PM

Thank-You Celumnaz

As we go through this life reaching, striving, and straining for life's brass ring, has any of us ever stopped to wonder just who is running the Merry-Go-Round?
You must play the hand that life deals you, if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently .

#35    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:37 PM

morals? blink.gif

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#36    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:48 PM

Talon
   I have read a great many of your posts and find you to be a very intelligent and gifted individual. But if I may be so bold as to say you are from Scotland correct. Now that does not disallow you an opinion and I for one welcome your opinion, but whoever wins the election in The United States will have a minimal effect on you at best and a very big impact on my family and me. I have to give my support for the candidate who best exemplifies the character I wish to lead MY country and the highest levels of security that can be obtained. I have 5 sons, from 22 years old to 4 months old, and their future, in my opinion is more secure in the hands of George W. Bush.

#37    Me_Again

Me_Again

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

• She don't blush 'cause she's so damned free
    When she makin' love it's like surgery
    -Prince, 'I Love U In Me'

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:29 PM

This is enough reason for me not to vote for Bush, among other reasons.

K= Kerry    B=Bush

Jobs
Raise the Minimum Wage  K=Strongly Favor/ B=Strongly Opposes
Extend Unemployment Benefits  K=Strongly Favor/B= Strongly Opposes
Environment
Oil Drilling in the Arctic Wildlife Refuge  K=Strongly Opposes/B=Strongly Favor
Mandatory Clean Air Emissions Standards  K=Strongly Favor/B= Somewhat Opposes
Tougher Fuel Efficiency Standards K= Strongly Favor/B= Strongly Opposes

Bush strongly favors drilling for oil in the arctic wildlife refuge po.gif
Can anyone explain why? Doesn't he have enough oil? LOL
and how about our air? You would rather be safe than have clean air?
I think that those who vote for Bush are scared of terrorists, when they don't understand the terrorist himself  w00t.gif

Yellow Smiley offers me X
Like he's drinkiní 7-Up
I would rather drink 6 razor blades
Razor blades from a paper cup
He can't understand, I say 2 tough
It's just that I've seen the future and, boy, it's rough
-Prince, 'The Future'

#38    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:35 PM

The United States will have a minimal effect on you at best and a very big impact on my family and me.

Er wrong. The US President is the most powerful man in the world, his decisions effect the globe. Bush's actions has already made Europe a bigger target for Islamic terrorists than it was previously, he has shifted the balance of power in the ME (a continent closer to us than America), plus the US effects on our economy.

Who you vote WILL make a big difference to Europe.

Edited by Talon S., 30 September 2004 - 07:36 PM.

#39    panther10758

panther10758

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

• Any man can become a Father it takes a REAL MAN to be a DAD!

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:36 PM

Being a Father of five I understood and agree 100% well said twpdyp thumbsup.gif

Edited by panther10758, 30 September 2004 - 08:01 PM.

#40    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:56 PM

Talon
   The best defense is a good offense, and try this one you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs. Europe was a target long before George Bush became President. "The best way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"  Sitting back and hiding is what got the World Trade Center bombed and Pearl Harbor attacked. An aggressive approach will put the bad guys back on their heels. Let me put a hypothetical situation to you Talon, there is a bully down the street from you and you can either pass his house on your way home or you can take a detour out of your way about 10 city blocks to avoid him which do you choose?

#41    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:21 PM

Saying that is all find and dandy... in theory, but your completing ignoring that Bush doesn't go after countries based on thread, but on oil. Saddam was a nasty b*stard, but he killed terrorists in his nation as they were a threat to his power. All we've done is turn Iraq into a war zone which is perfect for breeding anti-western propaganda. Spain was only attacked because it had soldier's in Iraq, aid workers are dying because they are being sent into a unsecured war-zone.  And meanwhile people are overlooking other issues, such as those posted by Me_Again, relating to social issues and the environment.

#42    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:34 PM

OK for what is worth I will respond to Me_Again.
#1- It is my stand that raising the minimun wage will slow the economy not strengthen the workers position in the long term.
#2- Extending unemployment benefits, and we are going to pay for that with what, ohhh yes my taxes. I believe that if you want to make a legit living in this country you can always find work. I did!!!!
#3-Oil drilling in the artic, I think that if we can cut our dependence on foreign oil by even a little bit the caribou will just have to get over it.
#4- Mandatory clean air standards, More Government is not the answer, less Government and then cost come down to where a company can afford to comply.
#5-Tougher fuel efficiency standards, have you priced a new car lately, a lot of the cost of new cars is because of Mandatory government regulations.
   I have enjoyed this exchange but I will be off line from 7:20pm eastern time (USA) until 7:00am Monday morning. Have a nice weekend!!!

#43    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:37 PM

.... ahhh now I understand your opinion huh.gif all those responses shout 'Right-wing' rolleyes.gif

#44    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:40 PM

LOL  I am so right wing I make Rush Limbaugh look liberal. Pro death penalty, pro gun ownership, pro anything else right wing

#45    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:46 PM

Pro-death penalty doesn't neccessarily mean right-wing, its authoritarian aspect, not a economic one. Many of the most outspoken pro-death penalty members of this site are actually left-wing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users