Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moloch as an Owl

TheCosmicMind

Hi, everyone. I was watching a video about the Bohemian Grove online and I was wondering where Alex Jones gets the idea that Moloch is represented as an Owl. I can find no source that confirms this. Can anyone shed any light on the subject? Thanks.

Hi, everyone. I was watching a video about the Bohemian Grove online and I was wondering where Alex Jones gets the idea that Moloch is represented as an Owl. I can find no source that confirms this. Can anyone shed any light on the subject? Thanks.

Alex Jones probably got it from David Icke. David Icke just made it up (like everything else he talks about).

• Like 1

Maybe someone just read a bit too fast...

Allen Ginsberg (1926-1997) "Howl" (written in 1955)

For Carl Solomon

http://www.wussu.com/poems/agh.htm

(...)

II

What sphinx of cement and aluminium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination?

Moloch! Solitude! Filth! Ugliness! Ashcans and unobtainable dollars! Children screaming under the stairways! Boys sobbing in armies! Old men weeping in the parks!

Moloch! Moloch! Nightmare of Moloch! Moloch the loveless! Mental Moloch! Moloch the heavy judger of men!

Moloch the incomprehensible prison! Moloch the crossbone soulless jailhouse and Congress of sorrows! Moloch whose buildings are judgement! Moloch the vast stone of war! Moloch the stunned governments!

Moloch whose mind is pure machinery! Moloch whose blood is running money! Moloch whose fingers are ten armies! Moloch whose breast is a cannibal dynamo! Moloch whose ear is a smoking tomb!

And so on.

Edited by Abramelin

In one of Terry Pratchett's books there's a cast-iron stove bearing the label "The Little Moloch." :P

I just watched a show on it and didnt hear the name Moloch once.

Thanks For The Post, I Was Thinking The Same Thing .. And Why Would Be Moloch Represented As An Owl At All? Moloch Wasn't A God With A Good Reputation With The Child Sacrificing And All .. And An Owl Represents Wisdom, Protection And Stuff .. So Why Would Be A Negatice God As Moloch Be Depicted As An Owl?!

I think he WANTED Moloch to be an Owl because of the Owl "idol" in the Bohemian Grove. I was just wondering if there was ANY historical basis for it, but I guess not.

• 10 months later...

Moloch is one of the Baal gods which can be represented by any animal/human hybrid to which human children are sacrificed by burning. The Ammonites portrayed moloch as a creature with the lower torso/legs of a man and the upper torso/head of a bull. The arms were outstretched with the palms up. The inside of the idol was hollow. There was a fire pit at the base of the idol. A raging fire was built which drafted into the hollowed idol with smoke and flames coming out of the idol's mouth and eyes. Live children were then placed in the upturned hands of the idol where they would be scalded/burned from the heat. When they writhed in pain they would "slip" from the hands and fall into the raging fires below to be burned/sacrificed. It has been recorded that the well-to-do and leaders would not sacrifice their own children to the idol. (Why would they? They needed their spawn to continue their grip on society and culture.) They buy or kidnap children from the poor and sacrifice them instead.

Sacrifices to the moloch idol above were thought to bring fertility and strength . Sacrifices to an owl moloch would be for wisdom and peace.

Edited by cpaguy

I like owls.

Moloch is one of the Baal gods which can be represented by any animal/human hybrid to which human children are sacrificed by burning. The Ammonites portrayed moloch as a creature with the lower torso/legs of a man and the upper torso/head of a bull. The arms were outstretched with the palms up. The inside of the idol was hollow. There was a fire pit at the base of the idol. A raging fire was built which drafted into the hollowed idol with smoke and flames coming out of the idol's mouth and eyes. Live children were then placed in the upturned hands of the idol where they would be scalded/burned from the heat. When they writhed in pain they would "slip" from the hands and fall into the raging fires below to be burned/sacrificed. It has been recorded that the well-to-do and leaders would not sacrifice their own children to the idol. (Why would they? They needed their spawn to continue their grip on society and culture.) They buy or kidnap children from the poor and sacrifice them instead.

Sacrifices to the moloch idol above were thought to bring fertility and strength . Sacrifices to an owl moloch would be for wisdom and peace.

...is there any independent /archaeological/ confirmation of Moloch as an actual god? As far as I'm aware, it's strictly a (not very reliable) Biblical tradition.

--Jaylemurph