Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Churches need to install bank card machines

churches bank cards swipe

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,330 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

A church service wouldn't be a church service without the sight of a collection plate or bag being passed down the aisles during a hymn.

But such a method of raising funds may be nearing the end of the line as religious institutions wake up to the realities of the 21st century.

According to one senior bishop, churches must start investing in bank card swipe machines if they are to reach their ever technology-hungry congregations.

http://www.dailymail...gregations.html

Posted Image

#2    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

In my opinion Churches need to actually preach/teach the Ten Commandments and Teachings out of the Bible instead of teaching/preaching their version of it that suits their own needs

Rather than going round collecting money to put in their own pockets or to make themselves richer (Not saying all do Just a majority do)

It wouldnt be so bad if all the money collected would go to people that need it, e,g - third world countries where their starving to death, or homeless people etc

Posted Image

#3    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,212 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

Oh they already have automatic withdraws no need to even bring your wallet anymore.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,835 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

I hardly think so. For a start, I doubt that many Church of England congregations are all that technology-hungry, and besides, i seem to recall (even if the Church may have forgotten) that Jesus* had a bit of an issue with banking activities being carried out in the precincts of religious buildings ....

* remember him? I sometimes think most of the Churches haven't

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

Well in the USA,we have many instances of peopl stealing from,of actually stealing ,the money boxes,and donations of gods boxes.
This would sol ve that here .one Xmas,a church had gathered toys for needy children ,and some scum sucking cretin ,came and took all of them .like sacks of them.
It was unbelievable .
They were replaced when it hit the news,and people donated ,but can you imagine .
People suck

Miss me?

#6    Dr. D

Dr. D

Alien Abducter

• 5,275 posts

• I love being me even though sometimes I'm still a stranger.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

And next Sunday they'll tell you that money is the root of all evil.

#7    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,946 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Seriously? Geez. Like there isn't already enough pressure to donate, donate, donate.. Now they are going to get you with electronic too?

I remember when I was a kid you got a box of little envelopes and every Sunday you were expected to put some cash in it and drop it in the basket. I utterly loathed that practice, so I refused to do so. If I was going to drop cash or not I was going to do so openly like all the adults. I refused to be monitored or tallied- the adults didn't have to, so nor would I.

#8    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

All churches need bigger and better steeples ...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 18 August 2012 - 04:40 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users