Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NRA Locked in Gun Battle

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#91    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

View Postaztek, on 24 August 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

sure it is, ask atf. the exceptions are black powder guns, and c&r.
That's a good point, because imo a black powder rifle or revolver can be just as deadly as a regular cartridge rifle or handgun.

Posted Image

#92    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,592 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

View Postaztek, on 24 August 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

sure it is, ask atf. the exceptions are black powder guns, and c&r.

Maybe in other states. Not in mine.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#93    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,952 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostGummug, on 25 August 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

The next thing you know, George Washington will be portrayed as an evil slaveholder.

Evil? probably not but he did own about 100 slaves at Mt Vernon.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#94    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

View Postninjadude, on 25 August 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

Evil? probably not but he did own about 100 slaves at Mt Vernon.
I had heard he did. It would be interesting to research the reason because I thought that most of the founding fathers were anti-slavery. Btw, I've always wondered why the Af-Ams are so hostile towards the memory of slavery by whites, but they seem to have no problem that I'm aware of with Islam, and my understanding is the Arabs were the biggest slave traders in blacks that there ever were. And I think in some African countries slavery is still legal. Not that I'm in favor of slavery of course, but it does seem rather selective and hypocritical. Sorry, I keep on being tempted to hijack this thread and I don't mean to...

Edited by Gummug, 25 August 2012 - 10:16 PM.

Posted Image

#95    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

wat? y not report that? if they catch them you can get your guns bac.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#96    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,319 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

View Postnotoverrated, on 25 August 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

Simple when you know that tour gun really was not "lost".

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#97    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,048 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 25 August 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

most likely not, you might even loose your right to keep them in some states, you couldn't make sure they are secured, and unaccesable to unauthorized ppl. and if that gun was used in crime, you might even get  charged as well.

that is why ppl don't report it, cuz they fear the consequences, hoping it will never be found, not because they sell it under the table like some geniuses here suggest.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#98    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,048 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostGummug, on 25 August 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

That's a good point, because imo a black powder rifle or revolver can be just as deadly as a regular cartridge rifle or handgun.
they can, but i have never heard of them being used n crimes, heard of few hunting accidents, the are sold with no restrictions(besides age),  can be mailed to you directly with no ffl involved, even in nyc, they are legal with no permit, however no caps, balls and powder can be present in nyc, unless you have valid pistol permit.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#99    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,952 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostGummug, on 25 August 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

It would be interesting to research the reason because I thought that most of the founding fathers were anti-slavery.

As with all things some were, some were not. The Virginia plantations were commonly supported by slaves.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#100    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,048 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

A Lincoln was against slavery, but not against segregation, he supported it. being against slavery does not mean being for equality.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#101    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,952 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

View Postaztek, on 26 August 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

A Lincoln was against slavery, but not against segregation, he supported it. being against slavery does not mean being for equality.

not a founding father.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#102    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,048 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

View Postninjadude, on 26 August 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

not a founding father.
oops, good point

RESIDENT TROLL.

#103    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,319 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

View Postaztek, on 26 August 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

they can, but i have never heard of them being used n crimes, heard of few hunting accidents, the are sold with no restrictions(besides age),  can be mailed to you directly with no ffl involved, even in nyc, they are legal with no permit, however no caps, balls and powder can be present in nyc, unless you have valid pistol permit.

The exception is Arkansas where the law is silent on primitive weapons, the same rules apply as to all other firearms.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#104    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

View Postaztek, on 26 August 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

I also heard (I should google this and find a link I suppose, @#%$&* laziness) that he said (and I paraphrase):  "If I can preserve the Union by freeing every slave, I will, if I can preserve the Union by keeping every slave in slavery, I will"
OK, from Wikipedia (not exactly the most authoritative source I suppose), from Slaves and the American Civil War:
Furthermore, Lincoln divorced the issue of slavery from the entire purpose of the war. He said “If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save the Union by freeing all the slaves I would do it. And if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that.”[6
As I mentioned before, trying not to hijack this thread, just to reply to previous posters

Edited by Gummug, 26 August 2012 - 11:54 PM.

Posted Image

#105    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

I don't understand why certain people in this thread insist that there are strict regulations to get guns in America while the exact opposite is happening:

The NRA Surge: 99 Laws Rolling Back Gun Restrictions

Since 2009, the NRA and its allies in state capitols have pushed through 99 laws making guns easier to own, easier to carry in public—eight states now even allow them in bars—and harder for the government to track. More than two-thirds of the laws were passed by Republican-controlled legislatures, though often with bipartisan support. (Note: Click on the colored states for details on additional laws; info on a few particularly noteworthy ones follows below the map. Also see our related story on the frightening rise of mass shootings in the US.)

Posted Image
http://www.motherjon...n Article Feed)

I also do not see what carrying a gun to a bar (where you usually get drunk) has to do with the basics of freedom.

Edited by Render, 10 October 2012 - 08:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users