Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Would you accept the Mark of the Beast?

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

Poll: MOTB Hypothetical Scenario #4 (91 member(s) have cast votes)

If the Antichrist were real would you:

1. Hide in the woods and survive by hunting white fighting back and resisting until the end? (39 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Stay in the city and get persecuted for not accepting the mark? (9 votes [9.89%])

Percentage of vote: 9.89%

3. Accept the mark and become a follower of the Antichrist? (18 votes [19.78%])

Percentage of vote: 19.78%

4. Other? (25 votes [27.47%])

Percentage of vote: 27.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

I am a Christian, and I understand many don't like that. .

• 4,760 posts

• "You'll know them by their fruits."

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostArbitran, on 28 September 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Okay... so nothing, actually... You could have just said so.

What do you think I meant by the kingdom of heaven?

It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it well.     - Descartes

#122    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostBluefinger, on 01 October 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

What do you think I meant by the kingdom of heaven?

Doesn't much matter. Either way there's no such thing. That is, unless you can prove that there is. Just being realistic here...

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#123    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

• 4,760 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

View PostArbitran, on 01 October 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

Doesn't much matter. Either way there's no such thing. That is, unless you can prove that there is. Just being realistic here...

I can't prove it yet.  Seems like Isaac Newton saw prophecy fulfilled in history as proof.  Regardless, everyone has their own criteria for what is considered proof.  I have found mine.

It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it well.     - Descartes

#124    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,671 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostChasingtherabbit, on 18 August 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

This thread is based on the RFID one but come on let us just cut to the chase. Would you accept the MOTB? Please try and be serious but also imagine it really was real. Maybe the dude won't be as evil as others claim? Maybe you still want to eat without having to skin your own deer. And who says it can't be a chick?
I would postulate that we have already taken the Mark of the Beast.  Consider this:  First, You all have a number do you not?  In the USA we have a Social Security number.  You cannot really buy or sell anything without it.  (of course unless you are an illegal alien)  Second, The Mark in Revelations was either in your forehead or your hand.  So if you simply 'remember' your number (who doesn't) or have a card in your hand with the number on the card, well, there you go.   Also, it is the 'number of a man'   which is to say it was a Personal Number.  And most importantly it says that The Whole World worshipped after the beast...and everyone who didn't was imprisoned or killed.
And also, Jesus said, that in the last days, it would be as in the days of Noah before the flood, marrying and giving in marriage...in other words, carrying on as normal...and then the flood was upon them.
We are already there.  We already have the number and oh, before I forget...if you don't think you DO have the MOTB or the Number of his name...uh...try giving your number back to the Government and see what happens....

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#125    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:43 AM

View PostBluefinger, on 01 October 2012 - 03:06 AM, said:

I can't prove it yet.  Seems like Isaac Newton saw prophecy fulfilled in history as proof.  Regardless, everyone has their own criteria for what is considered proof.  I have found mine.

Wait, so you say you have "found" your proof, but at the same time you "can't prove it yet"? A tad... paradoxical, to say the least...

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#126    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

View Postjoc, on 01 October 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

I would postulate that we have already taken the Mark of the Beast.  Consider this:  First, You all have a number do you not?  In the USA we have a Social Security number.  You cannot really buy or sell anything without it.  (of course unless you are an illegal alien)  Second, The Mark in Revelations was either in your forehead or your hand.  So if you simply 'remember' your number (who doesn't) or have a card in your hand with the number on the card, well, there you go.   Also, it is the 'number of a man'   which is to say it was a Personal Number.  And most importantly it says that The Whole World worshipped after the beast...and everyone who didn't was imprisoned or killed.
And also, Jesus said, that in the last days, it would be as in the days of Noah before the flood, marrying and giving in marriage...in other words, carrying on as normal...and then the flood was upon them.
We are already there.  We already have the number and oh, before I forget...if you don't think you DO have the MOTB or the Number of his name...uh...try giving your number back to the Government and see what happens....

Give me a break... people still honestly believe all this Revelation crap? And try to apply it to modern day, no less? Oy...

#127    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

Yes, Arbitran. No need to be grumpy.

#128    joc

joc

• 12,671 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostArbitran, on 01 October 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

Give me a break... people still honestly believe all this Revelation crap? And try to apply it to modern day, no less? Oy...
Did I say I believe it?   give yourself a break....grow up!

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#129    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

I would not accept any mark.
I'm already everything I wanted to be and more.

#130    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

View Postjoc, on 01 October 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

Did I say I believe it?   give yourself a break....grow up!

You implied your belief in it. My apologies if this should happen to be an instance of Poe's Law, on the other hand.

View PostChasingtherabbit, on 01 October 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

Yes, Arbitran. No need to be grumpy.

When was I grumpy?

#131    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

• 4,760 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

View PostArbitran, on 01 October 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

Wait, so you say you have "found" your proof, but at the same time you "can't prove it yet"? A tad... paradoxical, to say the least...

No.  I can't prove it to you, assuming that you have heard the evidence and still not believed.  What is enough for me isn't enough for you.

Edited by Bluefinger, 01 October 2012 - 11:06 AM.

#132    joc

joc

• 12,671 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostArbitran, on 01 October 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

You implied your belief in it. My apologies if this should happen to be an instance of Poe's Law, on the other hand.

I have studied Revelations...so...unlike many...I actually know what is in it.  What I find amazing is that practically all Christians say that they would not take the Mark of the Beast or worship after the Beast.   And yet, Revelations says that The Whole World worshipped after the beast.   A lot of Christians aren't worried about it because in their minds they are going to be 'raptured' or 'taken away to heaven' before things get that bad.  I find that notion proposterous.  Jesus was crucified, all of the Apostles met similar violent deaths and yet...the church...believes that God would spare them  the 'tribulation'.  Meanwhile, we already have a number we can't give back.   Go to any Baptist Church and you will find Giant Television screens.  I used to go to a Baptist Church...and what I found apalling was that they would play scenes from the movie The Passion as though that was really Jesus Christ up on that very large screen.

....I can see where you would infer a belief from my posts...the OP asked in the beginning for us to suppose it is real.   There are some very interesting goings' on in Revelation that certainly do parallel today's Global reality.   Of course there is Armageddon...which has the nations of the world surrounding Jerusalem for the Great Battle to end all battles, which involves China with an army of hundreds of millions.   One world government.  Total loss of Freedoms.  One should keep in mind though the context of the author.  Lived and watched his Lord die in....the Empire of Rome.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#133    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostBluefinger, on 01 October 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

No.  I can't prove it to you, assuming that you have heard the evidence and still not believed.  What is enough for me isn't enough for you.

I haven't heard any valid evidence whatsoever. If that's what you're referring to as evidence, then of course it would be foolish for anyone to accept it (as of course I think it is). What evidence has convinced you, precisely?

#134    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

View Postjoc, on 01 October 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

I have studied Revelations...so...unlike many...I actually know what is in it.  What I find amazing is that practically all Christians say that they would not take the Mark of the Beast or worship after the Beast.   And yet, Revelations says that The Whole World worshipped after the beast.   A lot of Christians aren't worried about it because in their minds they are going to be 'raptured' or 'taken away to heaven' before things get that bad.  I find that notion proposterous.  Jesus was crucified, all of the Apostles met similar violent deaths and yet...the church...believes that God would spare them  the 'tribulation'.  Meanwhile, we already have a number we can't give back.   Go to any Baptist Church and you will find Giant Television screens.  I used to go to a Baptist Church...and what I found apalling was that they would play scenes from the movie The Passion as though that was really Jesus Christ up on that very large screen.

....I can see where you would infer a belief from my posts...the OP asked in the beginning for us to suppose it is real.   There are some very interesting goings' on in Revelation that certainly do parallel today's Global reality.   Of course there is Armageddon...which has the nations of the world surrounding Jerusalem for the Great Battle to end all battles, which involves China with an army of hundreds of millions.   One world government.  Total loss of Freedoms.  One should keep in mind though the context of the author.  Lived and watched his Lord die in....the Empire of Rome.

Well, to be fair, we have no idea who the author of Revelation was. And there isn't any evidence to link the mark of the beast with television screens, or frankly anything we have today; this is partly due to the fact that the text is so delightfully cryptic as to what the "mark" was actually supposed to be in the first place. Either way, I largely agree with you though. In the Greek it certainly seems clear to me that all will accept the mark of the beast, Christians included. Either way, I don't believe in any of it, and seemingly you don't either (sorry, still a bit hard to tell). In any case, that's about the end of that I suppose.

#135    joc

joc

• 12,671 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

View PostArbitran, on 01 October 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Well, to be fair, we have no idea who the author of Revelation was. And there isn't any evidence to link the mark of the beast with television screens, or frankly anything we have today; this is partly due to the fact that the text is so delightfully cryptic as to what the "mark" was actually supposed to be in the first place. Either way, I largely agree with you though. In the Greek it certainly seems clear to me that all will accept the mark of the beast, Christians included. Either way, I don't believe in any of it, and seemingly you don't either (sorry, still a bit hard to tell). In any case, that's about the end of that I suppose.
Not quite the end...Revelations says... And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed...That is where I get Television Imagery.  Christians seem to think there is this guy that everyone worships...I don't think so...I think the author...whoever it was...is saying that the world worships after itself.  Who knows?  I personally don't care.  I don't believe in prophesies.  I believe in logic.   Religion...anyone's religion...is illogical.  But...the fact that most of the world believes in a Deity does make the whole concept of 'creating one's own reality' a frightening prospect...does it not?

Posted Image

ReverbNation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users