Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Would you accept the Mark of the Beast?

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

Poll: MOTB Hypothetical Scenario #4 (91 member(s) have cast votes)

If the Antichrist were real would you:

1. Hide in the woods and survive by hunting white fighting back and resisting until the end? (39 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Stay in the city and get persecuted for not accepting the mark? (9 votes [9.89%])

Percentage of vote: 9.89%

3. Accept the mark and become a follower of the Antichrist? (18 votes [19.78%])

Percentage of vote: 19.78%

4. Other? (25 votes [27.47%])

Percentage of vote: 27.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

I am a Christian, and I understand many don't like that. .

• 4,824 posts

• "You'll know them by their fruits."

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

View PostEtu Malku, on 24 August 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

ok ok . . . obviously if I didn't get the association with the Roman Empire I would not be posting relevant stuff? :st Hello?
Your explanation seems plausible, I like it actually.

Thanks Etu,

Why do you like my explanation?  What about it seems compelling and why?

It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it well.     - Descartes

#62    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

I did some research into the alphabet since I used to use ouija boards alone and found out a clue...26x26=676. Is it any consulation that if you take 1-9 and 0 and use 676 to subtract 10 it equals 666? ON the ouija board it says 1-9 and 0 at the end. So you have to decide whether you subtract those numbers or not to accept what? The number of the Beast.

ABSOLUTION

#63    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

• 4,824 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

View PostPFlack, on 24 August 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

I did some research into the alphabet since I used to use ouija boards alone and found out a clue...26x26=676. Is it any consulation that if you take 1-9 and 0 and use 676 to subtract 10 it equals 666? ON the ouija board it says 1-9 and 0 at the end. So you have to decide whether you subtract those numbers or not to accept what? The number of the Beast.

Huh?  How does that relate to the Roman Empire?

It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it well.     - Descartes

#64    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

View PostBluefinger, on 24 August 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

Huh?  How does that relate to the Roman Empire?
I didn't say it did...it's a modern day reference that Ive been wondering about....besides I thought Revelation was about this day and age and not the Roman Empire...

ABSOLUTION

#65    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

• 4,824 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

View PostPFlack, on 24 August 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

I didn't say it did...it's a modern day reference that Ive been wondering about....besides I thought Revelation was about this day and age and not the Roman Empire...

If that were so, why would John have written to an audience in the first century?

It seems out of character of God to address one audience with the intent of addressing another.

#66    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

At the end of Revelation it says "I am coming soon" a reference to Jesus ' ressurection/second coming. My impression was this was about modern day. And as for the original posting , my understanding is Jesus will go to war against the Antichrist. Nostradamus calls him the Third Antichrist. IF anything this may be a person that appears to everyone after the earth goes through a destructive transfor mation....( Dec.21st ). Thats if the prophesies are true.

So to really understand what Revelation is accounting for is a future reference. John had a vision of future events like Nostradamus. There is a great deal of mytstical references in Revelation that are there disguised in a certain way so that authorities didn't recognize it as 'witchcraft' and John coul'd avoid persecution.

ABSOLUTION

#67    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

nope cause obviously the one giving it to me doesn't have my best interests in mind so i would rather choose something that would help me and from a person that actually cares.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#68    Viviana98

Viviana98

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

It would really depend on what the mark looked like and who was doing it. I'm assuming though if we are talking the anitchrist and satin, its going to probably be pretty bada** lol I picture like all the best tattoo artist from every Hells City Tattoo Convention ever putting a little piece of art on everyone who's deserving of it lol :tu:

#69    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostPFlack, on 24 August 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

I too think that Revelation is about this day and age

As for the huge gap between the text being written and Revelation coming to fruition it could possibly be due to giving humanity a chance to redeem itself

Luke 21   9 - 11

9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

As far as I can see, that which is in Bold is happening in our lifetime - here and now

Posted Image

#70    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

The human race has always been at war and there has been many times throughout history people have starved because of poor growing conditions.  However it does seem like its getting worse.  Most of the US is in a drought and the food crops aren't doing that well which means there will be less meat too because there is less to feed the animals.  Its not just the US either other countries have had bad harvests lately because of weather.

Then the fact we are using water faster than it can be replaced in the aquifers.  We use this water to irrigate crops so there will be food to feed the mases.  We use pesticides and herbicides that are becoming useless not to mention the soil is getting worn out.  The population of the world is getting to the point this planet can't sustain it.

Plus people seem more violent than they use to be and doing some crazy stuff like eating peoples faces off.

Yes I would say there will probably be more wars, maybe even nuclear.  One man may want to control everything because there will be so little natural resources left and if you don't take his mark, join his army, you will not be allowed to eat.

I will have to starve, I'm not afraid of death.  I think death is a new beginning, a metamorphosis.

#71    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

View PostHilander, on 24 August 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

The human race has always been at war and there has been many times throughout history people have starved because of poor growing conditions.  However it does seem like its getting worse.  Most of the US is in a drought and the food crops aren't doing that well which means there will be less meat too because there is less to feed the animals.  Its not just the US either other countries have had bad harvests lately because of weather.

Then the fact we are using water faster than it can be replaced in the aquifers.  We use this water to irrigate crops so there will be food to feed the mases.  We use pesticides and herbicides that are becoming useless not to mention the soil is getting worn out.  The population of the world is getting to the point this planet can't sustain it.

Plus people seem more violent than they use to be and doing some crazy stuff like eating peoples faces off.

Yes I would say there will probably be more wars, maybe even nuclear.  One man may want to control everything because there will be so little natural resources left and if you don't take his mark, join his army, you will not be allowed to eat.

I will have to starve, I'm not afraid of death.  I think death is a new beginning, a metamorphosis.

Prophecy states that it'll probably be worse than starving to death if you refuse. I don't even want to think about it. I can't even imagine that human beings could behave in such a way.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 24 August 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#72    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 24 August 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

Prophecy states that it'll probably be worse than starving to death if you refuse. I don't even want to think about it. I can't even imagine that human beings could behave in such a way.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

(jokes)

Seriosuly though:

The beast can bring it on.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#73    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostCoffey, on 24 August 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Ain't nobody got time for that!

(jokes)

Seriosuly though:

The beast can bring it on.

Ever seen "Fallen"?

"Time is on my side...yes it is!" Every time I hear that song now, gives me the creeps.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 24 August 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#74    archer95446

archer95446

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 290 posts

• The picture is of my great great grandparents, on their 60th wedding anniversary!!!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

No, I would never accept the "mark of the beast"!!!!  I would become a vegetarian, there's plenty of fruits, edible plants and protein packed bugs in the wild.  I

#75    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

• Mercuræn

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

View Postarcher95446, on 24 August 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

No, I would never accept the "mark of the beast"!!!!  I would become a vegetarian, there's plenty of fruits, edible plants and protein packed bugs in the wild.  I
What's that got to do with Rome? :w00t:

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users