Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Ban on 'degrading’ dances for dogs

kennel club dog dancing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,966 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

The Kennel Club has announced a ban on 'degrading' routines and tricks following a rise in the popularity of dog dancing.

When Pudsey the dog triumphed on Britain’s Got Talent, it led to a surge of interest in the little-known pastime of dog dancing.

The animal’s performance, ­ pirouetting on his hind legs and weaving through the arms of his 16-year-old owner, Ashleigh Butler, prompted other owners to have a go with their pets.

But some of the dance moves being attempted have so alarmed the Kennel Club that it has announced a ban on certain tricks.

http://www.telegraph...s-for-dogs.html

Personally I don't like to see any animal dressed up in clothes, or doing so called party tricks.

Posted Image

#2    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

I loved watching Pudsey on Britains Got Talent.. that god had real talent..so cute too.

I would love a dog like Pudsey ... :wub:

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 19 August 2012 - 12:57 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#3    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,577 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

Personally I don't like to see any animal dressed up in clothes, or doing so called party tricks.

I agree. Dogs are dogs. You should like them because they are dogs, not little fuzzy humans who poop on the lawn. Respect an animal for what it is, in my opinion.

Embrace the impossible.

#4    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,893 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

I agree with the Kennel Club.  Their Twisting is cute and harmless but their Foxtrot is degrading and usually ends in tears.  (specially for the fox)

#5    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

I agree with everything banned excepted the 'degrading' by dressing the dogs up part.

I don't think a dog feels degraded wearing a conservative costume because they are not human and do not feel human emotions.

I think they feel emotions as a dog lover I do but I don't think embarrassment from a sparkly vest is one of them.

#6    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Death Before Decaf

• 5,468 posts

• There's no place like 127.0.0.1

A symptom of the universe

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

I think I'll stick with my dogs party trick... He's always high-fived, and now does it to the command "What up" like on How I Met Your Mother :P

Although he can stand on his back legs for quite a while. Never asked him to do it, he just likes to see what I'm cooking

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy as hell.- Maca02

#7    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,893 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 19 August 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

I think they feel emotions as a dog lover I do but I don't think embarrassment from a sparkly vest is one of them.

Does this guy look embarrassed?

Posted Image

I say YES!  (lol)

#8    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

Their wolf ancestors must be disappointed :)

Also tagged with kennel club, dog, dancing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users