Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

MOD ignores UFO reports

mod ufo

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#91    jenny101024

jenny101024

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Of course they'll investigate any object that hits their radar, regardless if it's a U.F.O or not. They just don't want too much hassle from people claiming they have seen a UFO when most of the time it's lanterns and Venus LOL.

#92    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 11 September 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

I do not think it is the Governmental silence that offers the loony angle, that comes with the claims themselves, and the fact that most of them dismiss themselves. If we look at the perceived obstacles you have chosen above,

1 - Control. Private Enterprise tends to control the Government a great deal more than you realise. Mining Magnates can shape the value of a countries dollar. They will have input as to what taxes they are prepared to pay, or they will simply move to another country. To maintain resources and economic stability, Governments have no choice but to bow to big business.
2- Governments themselves. With the current tensions in the middle east, the cold war in the past, and all the civil conflicts in between I fail to see how the US could keep interstellar visitors a secret. Not only do most major countries have the resources to monitor interstellar traffic, many have no love for the US and have absolutely no reason to keep quiet about such happenings. The amateur community is more than capable of this level of monitoring itself. The last 2 Jupiter strikes were reported to NASA by amateurs. The entire UN cannot even keep the Sea Shepard out of the water, and could not stop France blowing up an innocent atoll, nor curb North Vietnams nuclear experiments, so I fail to see how this magnificent secret is being kept globally. That logically simply cannot happen.
3 -  Crashed vehicles? Do you really believe that an advanced species would ba capable of fending of all the dangers of space to crash in a quiet and predictable atmosphere? This would be one of the safest environments in the Universe to fly in. Storms on Jupiter make our worst typhoons look like a mild summer breeze. Yet somehow, this is the place to crash.
4 - Reverse engineering. There is absolutely no proof of anything being reverse engineered, but plenty of the opposite. Every invention has a long history of R&D associated with it. Nothing pops up overnight. LINK - The Industrial Revolution.

Personally, I feel if we are to see contact from another civilisation, that such contact will be in the form of communications. It just makes sense to me that it would be the best way to initiate first contact.
But considering the above, there are many reasons why the CT's don't hold water, I think that we should all have a closer look before making a statement. We all make mistakes, that is that nature of being human, but if we learn from them, they are a good thing. I do not think we need to keep asking the questions above, I think they answer themselves with a little thought.

1.  In using the term "government", I realize there are entities above them with the ultimate control.  "Government" is merely the legal "figurehead" of their plans.  Large corporations and the filthy rich are in charge, specifically through their massive funding and lobbying efforts surrounding their chosen government candidate.
2.  My point is that the government may not have any secret left about the UFO subject, but by implying they do through their silence, it gives them the upper hand.
3.  It is possible that there have been artifacts retrieved.  I'm not saying UFO's have crashed...I was using that as an example.  I should have clarified myself.
4.  Same as 3.  I was using the three biggest claims made by ufologists as a point.  Again I should have clarified.  Crashed vehicles, alien bodies, and reverse engineering their technology.  I don't think the claims can be more extreme than that.   Personally I don't think there a shred of truth in any of these wild claims.

I think were on the same page with this.  Sorry I didn't clarify myself better.  I was a bit short on time when I wrote my post.

Keep looking up!

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

Also tagged with mod, ufo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users