Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Rambling Poetry Thread

public forum toast masters rambling poetry short stories essays

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#46    The Gremlin

The Gremlin

Gnawing at the ankles of Falsehood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

• sniffing the finger of truth

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

A River

Swirling water, crystal clear,
calls me quickly to come near,
showing that I have no fear,
I kiss away her gentle tear.

I rarely talk about such things but I once shoveled 18 tons of material in 11 min-
utes. It was under ideal conditions which allowed use of the legs and gravity
but I know no one who could have matched it and I do know work
...Cladking
If you were a dragon wouldn't you rather eat fat, alocohol fill, Nordic giants, than stringy little Chinamen?   Draconic Chronicler.
You claim you do research and then disregard the fact the Pyramids were built by God, which is why no man-made computer can replicate it.  The Interpreter

#47    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,292 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

View PostThe Gremlin, on 04 September 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

A River

Swirling water, crystal clear,
calls me quickly to come near,
showing that I have no fear,
I kiss away her gentle tear.

YEAY guys! :) :) :su :su :clap:

Edited by SpiritWriter, 06 September 2012 - 01:27 AM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#48    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,292 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

The Psychoanalysis of Myself, a Spider and an Invisible Stranger

In an attempt to get to know myself
I drew a box and within it
listed all my thoughts and emotions

but that didn't work.

I seemed to be endless and uncontainable.
I found that I was as deep as I was long
and as forward as I was backward.
I was better off sipping soup
and admiring the back of my hand
than thinking I could totally understand myself.

So now, as I try to presume the reasons you do not love me,
I sit here listening to myself, having not a clue,

Except that, you are also one like me,
an invisible yet eternal well,
you are a body,
blocked by my body,

and that is just as well.

Something that apparently would go so well
(sorry for all the wells)
is blocked by the flesh,
which is the face,
which is the appearance of what is real,

for all we search for is the beauty.

Look to where it is mysterious
and then you will see my ugly.
Look into where you get lost,
in the large and the soft swells and inwardly
to the red meat that is turning green.
Pretend you are asleep
if you have to.

This was his reply:

It is not the dirt and the meat that meet.
There is something more
than being under the skin
that leads to pure connection.

Whoever said we must reveal all
is lost in the past.

I do see your beauty
but you continue to bury it
into the ground.
You ask me to dig it up again.
Now I am confused
because at once it was abounding.

You say you cannot put a finger on a thing.
I tell you I'm not thinking.

When we were alone in the blood knot
and in the crack between two stones
we were snug together.

We sang and I drew in a tight breath,
constricting your veins in congeals of panic.

I was the spider hair,
the million mile line,
the spun skin
over all of your organs.

Not far gone, I am
overhead, softly birthing in the rafters.
Still I catch you sometimes,
mostly in September.
You walk past and snatch away my sparkle.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 06 September 2012 - 01:37 AM.

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#49    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,729 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

quiet whispers
shout out loud
when the lights fade off
and i am alone

I trust myself most of the time
because this is the key
to feeling free

I'm in the dark but i can see
who is who
and most importantly
who is me

#50    The Gremlin

The Gremlin

Gnawing at the ankles of Falsehood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

• sniffing the finger of truth

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

me like dis

I rarely talk about such things but I once shoveled 18 tons of material in 11 min-
utes. It was under ideal conditions which allowed use of the legs and gravity
but I know no one who could have matched it and I do know work
...Cladking
If you were a dragon wouldn't you rather eat fat, alocohol fill, Nordic giants, than stringy little Chinamen?   Draconic Chronicler.
You claim you do research and then disregard the fact the Pyramids were built by God, which is why no man-made computer can replicate it.  The Interpreter

#51    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,033 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

Creepy crawly in the night
A spider lurks

Check under your bed
Lift your pillow

Behind the curtains
It will hide

Sleep tight
Until it's light

Morning is here
The spider has gone

Or has it? :unsure2:

Posted Image

#52    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,292 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:21 AM

I was wondering the same thing today as I dusted away cobwebs from underneath the curtains.... *spooky - esp. if they are big ones...*

#53    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,729 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:53 AM

hidden and almost forgotten
the old trunk in the basement
filled with my childhood
and a vintage wedding gown
my grandmother's mink coat
she needed me to have
but
i'll probably never wear
old newspaper clippings
my two year old cheeks
chubby and smiling
inked in black and white print
ribbons, concert trophies
pink baby booties

musty old memories
that reek of cedar
oh
what am i to do with this stuff?

#54    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,394 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

sorry about the visuals.. :blush:

When paused to rest I stop to think.
My best ideas come when on the toilet seat.
With a furrowed brow in concentration,
come nagging pains of constipation.
Stuck there thinking of the world's great mysteries,
when breakthrough comes unexpectedly.
A downward glance and there I see,
Oh that's right, I had corn for tea!  :w00t:

Edited by Professor T, 08 September 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#55    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

I came by today to read what I just read...and liked the rambling poetry. Keep up the good work, everyone in the thread whom posted their poems. :tsu:

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#56    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,292 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Those who have struggled
to develop their strength,
that they could bare the banner
and hold it high,
will be the covering for those
who have ran fast and fallen forward.

The government of the slow
are bent and awkward
because of their pain in lifting.
They have regarded the truth
of their fathers
blinkingly,

that the falsities would fall from their eyes.

Like a root
they needed plucking
and like a tooth
it left a wrench
that needed filling.

It was the baby
that suffered the bathwater.

Should we be left
shoveling dirt in our mouths
or should we still partake
in the tender mercies
of our nursery?

We have learned
the alphabet on the wall
but we don't know all
the languages.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 08 September 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#57    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,394 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

Ohhh nice.

#58    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,292 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:02 AM

______ came to me in the evening. In the middle of our love-making he wanted to teach me a trick. He wanted to give me further truths about the secret of his appearances and give me access to the land of his normal existence. He suggested that I go deeper inside myself, inside of us, to a place where we would be even more alone. In that place he stroked me. We were intense inside each other, not only he in me, but also I in him, for he was wrapped around me. The only recognition I had of my regular body was that the amount of sweat that proceeded out of me was more than normal, and I wondered how much of my fluid had increased. He did not seem to notice this. All he could see was that my body had become illuminated. I shone brightly against him. We were in our cave. He wanted to speak to me there. He muffled the noise of my mouth with his hand and asked me to listen. Tears came from my eyes and he wiped them away as he continued to touch me. The darkness of the cave broke away like the shattering of a shell as an outside light compelled it. He whispered, the way a thirsty man would whisper to fruit and I became full with the love of him.

He showed me pictures of the jungle, of the wild animals that obeyed him, of the growth of the plants that he himself had tamed. He took us to a large branch. Beneath our feet grew a platform of smooth bark and proclaimed it as our hiding place. It was the first time I had been a shadow. I did not think to try to stretch my arms and do the things that I knew that they could do. I was not afraid but electrified.The broad trunk of the tree was behind me, digging into my back and shoulder blades, giving back to me my vibrations. It was not because of the wind that it was swaying. After we became rested in the beating of our hearts, on the branch we laid. I put a finger out and pushed aside a giant heart shaped leaf that dangled, blocking my view. Below us was a blue moving river and the orange cashew shaped movements of jaguars. Fresh hibiscus rose into my nose. The air was warm. No sooner than I smelled the rain, drops were heard. I welcomed them, or not. Both would be the same, and because of our covering only a few splashed from me.

_______ tilted his smile down, bending his neck so that his face was in my hair. My head lifted and declined with the rise and recede of his breathing. My heart was on his ribs, his youthful chest, was on my face, beneath me.

"Stay with me here, in this land, _______. Lets be together always, the way it was supposed to be." He said to me.
"Perhaps." I replied. I lied, not knowing how I could return, but knowing that I would. "You know that I cannot _______, for I do not know how. I will live my life for now. I am not made for the world of the shadows, I am a living human being. I like the solid ground. I like placing my feet down. When someone looks at me, they know what they see. They look at me and know they see _______. But you are a man who is secret, a man that cannot be confessed of being seen." I knew it would be a long time before I came to this place again. "You are my channel _______. I must ride you to arrive here. How can I disappear from my body and stay here, surely my life would turn rigid, cold and left to be carted away for the vultures? I must stay solid for our child. It is hard enough for him that he has a ghost for a father! Living this life, your life, would be difficult for me."

"In due time, my sweet. I pray that you will be with me." He replied patiently. He sounded far away and like someone who may be growing doubtful.

"How will I return home _______?" I asked, not worried but ponderous. I was only slightly afraid for my body. I knew where I left it. It was in the dark room on the other side of _______'s kitchen. Surely she was working there, tediously marking away at the manuscript she had recently become so involved in. I knew there was a time difference, that over here was no where near to over there, that they were contrast, that neither side knew each others rhyming. If I were gone for hours beyond my usual nap, I was sure _______ would tend to me, even for days for that matter, but the thought of that frightened me. He had taken a moment and I became desperate for my answer.

"Fear not my love, you will wake up as if from a dream, it is a pity however. It will be a while again until you will see me." He said with a sigh.

"Exchange my life for your life! Become as you are _______! Should I be like you and too be dead?" I said.

"I am not dead _______! Feel me, touch my skin. You know that I'm alive, or else how could I have put life inside of you?" This was his reply.

Still confused I blinked. I opened my eyes and was alone in my bed.  I shifted on my mat. Within moments a cold hand clasped upon me. _______ cleared away the black mass of braids that columned my face. She shook me and saw that I was ok and so she stood and spun to walk away.

"You may have the blood of a ________, but your father is long dead and you still are only a b*stard child. Do you really feel entitled to such lofty vacations? I was trying to wake you for more than a day. You are becoming the death of me, with all of your, taking off, and, and disappearances!" She paused, looking frustrated, like she wanted to add more, but did not on that accord.

"Luke called." She continued, matter of factly. "I did not tell him of your condition, he should not know of your weaknesses, and never in his sight should you appear vulnerable or sick. I told him you were on a mission for me and that you would visit the manor as soon as you have washed and prepared for him. He brought you this robe." _______ scampered to the corner and held it up for me. It had been long since _______'s upright attitude had offended me and I was not sick as she supposed but alive and thoroughly refreshed.

"What manner of a robe is that? That is unlike any other garment Luke has asked me to wear." I asked her.

"Oh! Are you jealous that he no longer sees you as his prostitute _______? Put it on and stop asking so many questions."

The robe was matte silk, long and black and accompanied by loose fitting trousers of the same material. _______ set out the perfumed oil, the soap and the turquoise comb for my hair.

"Do you want me to help you?" She asked.

"Yes. Please rake out my hair _______ and part it for me. I will wash it myself and then you can set my curls."

_______ removed the bands and pins and placed them in a tin on the decorative tile of a small nearby table. She unbraided my hair, making grunts and rude comments as she worked that I both ignored and expected. I often wondered why she grumbled so, especially about hair, and especially because it was my head that had to endure her complaining and yanking. I poured my own water and took a soak, allowing myself a generous time. I would not rush for Luke. I will arrive and he will see that I am fresh and well rested. I will not over do it with the oil like I did last time. Not that I care what he thinks, but if he accused me of stealing again I would have had to embarrass him in front of his household. I breathed deeply and sunk my head in the fragrant water allowing bubbles to come out of my nose and rest about the upper portion of my face. In the blackness of my mind I thought of _______, his voice echoing in its chamber.  'Fear not my love, you will wake up as if from a dream, it is a pity however. It will be a while again until you will see me.' My heart was full of sorrow, but no more than normal. I was glad at least for the memory.

"I will keep it to myself." I said. "No one would believe me anyway."

I arrived at the slaves entrance, humbly with bare feet. My face was down, in an expression of my new found deception. The slave woman that greeted me was Delilah, she was no mood for my trickery and rolled her eyes, but not before glancing at my attire. She looked the same as always. She wore a tarnished blouse with floral printed fabric, it may have been nice at one time. Strands of thread jutted out in many places, including the edges of holes and rips, and along the neck and hem. She wore a pair of khaki colored men trousers, cut around the legs, just below her butt. They looked soiled with poop, but they were only stained. Her hair was short and sticking in the air. I could read her thoughts as she assessed me. She was calling me a whore. I decided she wasn't worthy of my attempts of humbleness and so I stepped across the threshold with surety. She scampered off to get the maid.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 10 September 2012 - 05:16 AM.

#59    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,394 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

What follows me,
but cannot see,
and every moment mimics me.

#60    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,292 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Her hand was a heart
Christ sprouted from her forehead
from the inward tip of her wings

I had no eyes
so I could not weep
All I could do was bleed
& so I bled into my body
who swiveled to the rainbow swirl
outward to the beat of my wrists
which was different than my heart
for they were my head
and all of my wings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users