Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Possible invasion set by Spetnaz troops!

modern 2012

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostCorp, on 30 August 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

Have any sources on that? Because a nuclear armed Cuba would have claused huge impacts throughout the Americas, yet there's nothing.

It's his quote, from his own words. If you google it, you'll see various sites also quoting him. I don't think we're hearing anything about it in the mainstream media here, God only knows why we're not. I don't think I even want to know.

#32    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Then I think it's more likely a translation mix up or someone making the quote up and then spreading it around. Because shipping nukes to Cuba would have not only set the US off but also every country in the region. The American government isn't going to spend all their time fearing a nuclear Iran if a nuclear Cuba is sitting on their doorstep.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#33    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,172 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 29 August 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

I would have thought Bill Gates myself.
I originally thought Gates-y, but that devil may care attitude of Branson is just so "Bruce Wayne" I had to re-evatuate.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

Also tagged with modern, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users