Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 7 votes

Sirius and Alnilam, Secret Societies

secret beliefs

  • Please log in to reply
661 replies to this topic

#466    AlnilamPhiSiriusly

AlnilamPhiSiriusly

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined:17 Apr 2013

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 04 May 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

http://www.thefreedi...y.com/legendary

http://www.thefreedi...com/theoretical

Thanks for confirming that you don't know the difference between the two words.
cormac
Thanks for confirming that you continue to ignore the similarities

View Postjaylemurph, on 04 May 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

Wow. Q.E.D.!
--Jaylemurph
Wow indeed

Definitions


Adj. 1. legendary - so celebrated as to having taken on the nature of a legend; "the legendary exploits of the arctic trailblazers"

2. legendary - celebrated in fable or legend; "the fabled Paul Bunyan and his blue ox"; "legendary exploits of Jesse James"

Adj. 1. theoretical - concerned primarily with theories or hypotheses rather than practical considerations; "theoretical science"
2. theoretical - concerned with theories rather than their practical applications; "theoretical physics"

The word 'theoretical' is obviously derived form the word 'theory'

the·o·ry
n. pl. the·o·ries
1. A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.
2. The branch of a science or art consisting of its explanatory statements, accepted principles, and methods of analysis, as opposed to practice: a fine musician who had never studied theory.
3. A set of theorems that constitute a systematic view of a branch of mathematics.
4. A belief or principle that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment: staked out the house on the theory that criminals usually return to the scene of the crime.
5. a set of hypotheses related by logical or mathematical arguments to explain and predict a wide variety of connected phenomena in general terms the theory of relativity
[Late Latin theria, from Greek theri, from theros, spectator : probably the, a viewing + -oros, seeing]

On the contrary – thank you for proving that you apparently have not comprehended my meaning

Meanwhile, the next paragraph is a quote from the video link:
"Buried in this lost city is one of the greatest libraries of the ancient world. All the secrets of the mysterious Hittite empire were written in two codes - one a unique form of hieroglyphs. Using these deciphered texts, this film recreates the ancient world of the Hittites, telling the story of what happened to them, and what caused an empire built to last forever to vanish so completely from history"




#467    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

    "If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

  • Member
  • 9,553 posts
  • Joined:02 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle, WA

  • "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostAlnilamPhiSiriusly, on 05 May 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

Meanwhile, the next paragraph is a quote from the video link:
"Buried in this lost city is one of the greatest libraries of the ancient world. All the secrets of the mysterious Hittite empire were written in two codes - one a unique form of hieroglyphs. Using these deciphered texts, this film recreates the ancient world of the Hittites, telling the story of what happened to them, and what caused an empire built to last forever to vanish so completely from history"

So I'm curious: will you believe /anything/ in a YouTube video, or just the things you already want to believe? Because if it will jumpstart people's own critical thinking skills, I'll make a YouTube video for that. Then you might start doing that!

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#468    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 39,752 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

View Postjaylemurph, on 05 May 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

So I'm curious: will you believe /anything/ in a YouTube video, or just the things you already want to believe? Because if it will jumpstart people's own critical thinking skills, I'll make a YouTube video for that. Then you might start doing that!

--Jaylemurph

Most probably not.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#469    AlnilamPhiSiriusly

AlnilamPhiSiriusly

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined:17 Apr 2013

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

View Postjaylemurph, on 05 May 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

So I'm curious: will you believe /anything/ in a YouTube video, or just the things you already want to believe? Because if it will jumpstart people's own critical thinking skills, I'll make a YouTube video for that. Then you might start doing that!

--Jaylemurph

View Postquestionmark, on 05 May 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

Most probably not.

Speak for yourself

72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute http://www.youtube.c...statistics.html

Of the millions of you tube videos – it seems you have no problem condemning them all – including those you have not watched


#470    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

    "If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

  • Member
  • 9,553 posts
  • Joined:02 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle, WA

  • "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

View PostAlnilamPhiSiriusly, on 05 May 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:


Speak for yourself

72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute http://www.youtube.c...statistics.html

Of the millions of you tube videos – it seems you have no problem condemning them all – including those you have not watched

I never said all, just most. And if you want to vouch for the historical accuracy of most YouTube videos, you *are* a sucker.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#471    AlnilamPhiSiriusly

AlnilamPhiSiriusly

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined:17 Apr 2013

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

View Postjaylemurph, on 05 May 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

I never said all, just most. And if you want to vouch for the historical accuracy of most YouTube videos, you *are* a sucker.

--Jaylemurph

Obviously - as I previously said:

View PostAlnilamPhiSiriusly, on 05 May 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:


Speak for yourself

72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute http://www.youtube.c...statistics.html

Of the millions of you tube videos – it seems you have no problem condemning them all – including those you have not watched
it is unlikely anyone has watched 'most' you tube videos


#472    monk 56

monk 56

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  • Joined:22 Aug 2012

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

Hi AlnilamPhiSiriusly,

Nice to see you back, i enjoy your thread sections, i haven't been posting much as it is bank holiday in Britain and had relatives visiting!

I'm sorry that Jaylemurph doesn't comprehend our debate on midnight culmination of stars, please note i didn't dispute about the imaginery celestial sphere, however you don't seem to grasp that the vertical straight line here is the zenith or meridian of the imaginery celestial sphere, and at viewing location this is a vertical line, perhaps links will help:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenith

http://astronomy.swi.../Upper Meridian

A star that is culminating, being the highest point it gets in the heavens at midnight has two points, the zenith as a straight vertical line relative to the observer on earth regarding the celestial sphere and the point on the horizon of due south.   These points are important as a star that is beyound the vertical is no longer culminating at anywhere up to the zenith at midnight, for the star would be towards due north, and obviously a culminating star can't be below due south on the horizon in the northern hemisphere.  There are many imaginery circles around the Earth that astronomers use all with a different angle across the globe, an example would be the obliquity of the ecliptic at 23* and a half degrees.

So the vertical line above your head is one point of the line you follow down to due south on the horizon, remember if you use a compass this will be out of true slightly.  i like people observing the stars from the back garden, so i'll give a major midnight culminating star for New York on 10th May, being the fourth brightest star, at exact time point over your head and follow the straight line down to due south, along that line you will see you the midnight culmination of Arcturus, it gets no higher in the sky at midnight over New York

Edited by monk 56, 06 May 2013 - 03:27 AM.


#473    monk 56

monk 56

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  • Joined:22 Aug 2012

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

To get an idea of the pattern of the constellation Bootes where you will find Arcturus, please view link below:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcturus

Lets hope it isn't cloudy as the Prime Meridian repeats itself roughly every 15* degrees of longitude from 00*W00" and as this is slightly off of 73*W55' longitude of New York, Arcturus will nearly be culminating in London and Ottawa, this means these places are nearly true to local meridians that were used by many before 1884.   I wish to get off this subject of a vertical line now as i have fully explained it, and wish to show the longitude of time regarding such things as the Gregorian Calendar.

Edited by monk 56, 06 May 2013 - 03:40 AM.


#474    AlnilamPhiSiriusly

AlnilamPhiSiriusly

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined:17 Apr 2013

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

View Postmonk 56, on 06 May 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

Hi AlnilamPhiSiriusly,

Nice to see you back, i enjoy your thread sections, i haven't been posting much as it is bank holiday in Britain and had relatives visiting!

I'm sorry that Jaylemurph doesn't comprehend our debate on midnight culmination of stars, please note i didn't dispute about the imaginery celestial sphere, however you don't seem to grasp that the vertical straight line here is the zenith or meridian of the imaginery celestial sphere, and at viewing location this is a vertical line, perhaps links will help:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenith

http://astronomy.swi.../Upper Meridian

A star that is culminating, being the highest point it gets in the heavens at midnight has two points, the zenith as a straight vertical line relative to the observer on earth regarding the celestial sphere and the point on the horizon of due south.   These points are important as a star that is beyound the vertical is no longer culminating at anywhere up to the zenith at midnight, for the star would be towards due north, and obviously a culminating star can't be below due south on the horizon in the northern hemisphere.  There are many imaginery circles around the Earth that astronomers use all with a different angle across the globe, an example would be the obliquity of the ecliptic at 23* and a half degrees.

So the vertical line above your head is one point of the line you follow down to due south on the horizon, remember if you use a compass this will be out of true slightly.  i like people observing the stars from the back garden, so i'll give a major midnight culminating star for New York on 10th May, being the fourth brightest star, at exact time point over your head and follow the straight line down to due south, along that line you will see you the midnight culmination of Arcturus, it gets no higher in the sky at midnight over New York

View Postmonk 56, on 06 May 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

To get an idea of the pattern of the constellation Bootes where you will find Arcturus, please view link below:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcturus

Lets hope it isn't cloudy as the Prime Meridian repeats itself roughly every 15* degrees of longitude from 00*W00" and as this is slightly off of 73*W55' longitude of New York, Arcturus will nearly be culminating in London and Ottawa, this means these places are nearly true to local meridians that were used by many before 1884.   I wish to get off this subject of a vertical line now as i have fully explained it, and wish to show the longitude of time regarding such things as the Gregorian Calendar.
Hi monk 56, I'm not an astronomer but your explanation is clear to me - I also found a visual explanation online and viewed it a few times to get the idea




#475    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

    "If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

  • Member
  • 9,553 posts
  • Joined:02 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle, WA

  • "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

View Postmonk 56, on 06 May 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

Hi AlnilamPhiSiriusly,

Nice to see you back, i enjoy your thread sections, i haven't been posting much as it is bank holiday in Britain and had relatives visiting!

I'm sorry that Jaylemurph doesn't comprehend our debate on midnight culmination of stars, please note i didn't dispute about the imaginery celestial sphere, however you don't seem to grasp that the vertical straight line here is the zenith or meridian of the imaginery celestial sphere, and at viewing location this is a vertical line, perhaps links will help:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenith

http://astronomy.swi.../Upper Meridian

A star that is culminating, being the highest point it gets in the heavens at midnight has two points, the zenith as a straight vertical line relative to the observer on earth regarding the celestial sphere and the point on the horizon of due south.   These points are important as a star that is beyound the vertical is no longer culminating at anywhere up to the zenith at midnight, for the star would be towards due north, and obviously a culminating star can't be below due south on the horizon in the northern hemisphere.  There are many imaginery circles around the Earth that astronomers use all with a different angle across the globe, an example would be the obliquity of the ecliptic at 23* and a half degrees.

So the vertical line above your head is one point of the line you follow down to due south on the horizon, remember if you use a compass this will be out of true slightly.  i like people observing the stars from the back garden, so i'll give a major midnight culminating star for New York on 10th May, being the fourth brightest star, at exact time point over your head and follow the straight line down to due south, along that line you will see you the midnight culmination of Arcturus, it gets no higher in the sky at midnight over New York

No, I won't. Not even if I try very hard. You don't see stars in New York at night. Rampant light pollution. One would think a master of math and science would be aware of that.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#476    monk 56

monk 56

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  • Joined:22 Aug 2012

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

Yes it is sad about light pollution, however i live in London and can often see the brightest stars, which is why i chose the 4th brightest star in the night sky, Arcturus is easier to see than some of the fainter stars.

In bringing this research to this forum, i did check almost all of the major natural disasters, like Earthquakes and Volcanic eruptions without any alignments to Sirius and Alnilam, belt of Orion the only hit was the Japanese Earthquake of 2011 , the only area that alignments are clustered are important dates in politics and war, like declarations of independence, constitutions, military, war and Secret Societies!!

Even if the odds of alignments being 21 out of 365 days of the year favour this as intentional, we need to go much further to investigate area's of the world that these alignments cluster, and for that reason i will start with the North East Coast of the United States, it has been always been rumoured that secret societies align to Sirius and Orion, which seems to be true, the Great Seal of the United States is controversial.

Please scroll down link below to "Sources of Elements", then read the paragraph "ABOVE" this:- Quote "On September 15th 1789 the United States Congress ordered that the seal heretofore used by the United States in Congress assembled, shall be. and hereby declared to be, the Seal of the United States:-

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

Washington was only being constructed at this time, and congress was sitting in New York, please scroll down link below to "Locating the Capitol", and read paragraph "Above" this:-

http://en.wikipedia....i/Residence_Act

On 15th September 1789 in New York, Sunrise Egyptian day marker was used, As Sun rose, Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris star was culminating along due south and zenith, I'm sure Osiris loved the PYRAMID on the Great Seal ha ha! Astronomy graph below:-

http://2012forum.com...=3911&mode=view

Edited by monk 56, 07 May 2013 - 01:40 AM.


#477    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

    "If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

  • Member
  • 9,553 posts
  • Joined:02 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle, WA

  • "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:56 AM

View Postmonk 56, on 07 May 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

Yes it is sad about light pollution, however i live in London and can often see the brightest stars, which is why i chose the 4th brightest star in the night sky, Arcturus is easier to see than some of the fainter stars.

In bringing this research to this forum, i did check almost all of the major natural disasters, like Earthquakes and Volcanic eruptions without any alignments to Sirius and Alnilam, belt of Orion the only hit was the Japanese Earthquake of 2011 , the only area that alignments are clustered are important dates in politics and war, like declarations of independence, constitutions, military, war and Secret Societies!!

Even if the odds of alignments being 21 out of 365 days of the year favour this as intentional, we need to go much further to investigate area's of the world that these alignments cluster, and for that reason i will start with the North East Coast of the United States, it has been always been rumoured that secret societies align to Sirius and Orion, which seems to be true, the Great Seal of the United States is controversial.

Please scroll down link below to "Sources of Elements", then read the paragraph "ABOVE" this:- Quote "On September 15th 1789 the United States Congress ordered that the seal heretofore used by the United States in Congress assembled, shall be. and hereby declared to be, the Seal of the United States:-

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

Washington was only being constructed at this time, and congress was sitting in New York, please scroll down link below to "Locating the Capitol", and read paragraph "Above" this:-

http://en.wikipedia....i/Residence_Act

On 15th September 1789 in New York, Sunrise Egyptian day marker was used, As Sun rose, Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris star was culminating along due south and zenith, I'm sure Osiris loved the PYRAMID on the Great Seal ha ha! Astronomy graph below:-

http://2012forum.com...=3911&mode=view

A good scientist (or mathematician) knows the adage that correlation is not causation. For all your posts, I have yet to see you provide a framework for all this. For example:

Quote

it has been always been rumoured that secret societies align to Sirius and Orion, which seems to be true, the Great Seal of the United States is controversial.

Who has brought forth this rumor? Where? Why? When? What secret societies? How exactly does a group of people "align" with a star? Why would the do so? When have they done so? If they can do so, what specific thing makes it "seem to be true"? What about the Greal Seal of the United States is controversial? Who says it is? Why? When did they say so? I could go on for some time with these questions, so why don't you answer a few? And I beg you, no links. Explain what you mean /in your own words/!

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#478    AlnilamPhiSiriusly

AlnilamPhiSiriusly

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined:17 Apr 2013

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

View Postjaylemurph, on 07 May 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

A good scientist (or mathematician) knows the adage that correlation is not causation. For all your posts, I have yet to see you provide a framework for all this. For example:

Who has brought forth this rumor? Where? Why? When? What secret societies? How exactly does a group of people "align" with a star? Why would the do so? When have they done so? If they can do so, what specific thing makes it "seem to be true"? What about the Greal Seal of the United States is controversial? Who says it is? Why? When did they say so? I could go on for some time with these questions, so why don't you answer a few? And I beg you, no links. Explain what you mean /in your own words/!

--Jaylemurph
You mean you have NEVER heard this theory before??????  You seem to have no information, so here's some

William Cooper video describes: 'Secret Societies And Psychological Warfare Part Two: The Dog Star Sirius'


After predicting 911 in July 2001, William Cooper was shot to death - info re: the death at http://worldtruth.tv...nd-his-death-2/


#479    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

    "If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

  • Member
  • 9,553 posts
  • Joined:02 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle, WA

  • "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostAlnilamPhiSiriusly, on 07 May 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

You mean you have NEVER heard this theory before??????  You seem to have no information, so here's some

Nope. I tend to confine myself to rational conversation and provable facts, so I ignore 99.99% of conspiracy theory lunacy.

Quote

William Cooper video describes: 'Secret Societies And Psychological Warfare Part Two: The Dog Star Sirius'

Sorry. I tend not to watch conspiracy theory lunacy, esp. conspiracy theory lunacy on YouTube. I have this thing (professional bias, I guess) where I deplore people who use YouTube videos in an intelligent debate. First of all, a very large percentage of information in such videos is unsourced and unconformed, and therefore unworthy of being relied on. There is a very little action on behalf of the people posting them to check the info themselves, as well, so I often find the people who use them parrot the information with little real understanding about the issue that's being discussed.

TL;DR: I don't watch YouTube videos. If you want to talk about what's in it, why don't you provide a breakdown of the argument?

Quote

Oddly, you don't mention seem here that he worked for anti-government militias, was being arrested for armed assault in fights he'd picked with his neighbors and tax evasion, or that he'd murdered a federal agent before he was shot. (http://en.wikipedia....am_Cooper#Death)

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph, 07 May 2013 - 07:33 PM.

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#480    monk 56

monk 56

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  • Joined:22 Aug 2012

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

Dear AlnilamPhiSiriusly,

I don't know your location, but may be United States, but i value your comments, you are a mystery to me ha ha!

My next series of comments are regarding Scottish Rites Freemasons in area of North East United States.

Please note there is "Southern Jurisdiction Scottish Rites Masonic Philosophy"......and "Northern Jurisdiction Scottish Rites Masonic Philosophy", in our era since the civil war, they are split!

I ask only one thing from you, before i continue, AND THIS IS IMPORTANT, find an African American face in Southern Jurisdiction, like below in Northern Jurisdiction, anyone want to try, i dare you?

http://unitedsupremecouncilnjpha.com/

Slowly, slowly....ha ha!






Also tagged with secret beliefs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users