Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Will nibiru "A sun" collide into earth?

nibiru

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,102 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

View PostLumpino, on 02 October 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

Something about Nibiru, star of Marduk
http://www.michaelsh.../nibirupage.htm
Again, the Sumero-Akkadian cuneiform texts present a confusing portrait of Nibiru.  How can something represent a "crossing" or "dividing" point and be a star, a god, and either Jupiter [Marduk] or Mercury or BOTH?Again, the Sumero-Akkadian cuneiform texts present a confusing portrait of Nibiru.  How can something represent a "crossing" or "dividing" point and be a star, a god, and either Jupiter [Marduk] or Mercury or BOTH?
Assuming that, since you asked, you actually want to know, I will tell you.

The term Niburu (Neberu, Nebru) with the meaning of "a crossing place" came to be associated with a couple of planets because the Sumerians were observant of the sky and noted that planets, and the Sun and stars, migrated north and south over the period of a year.  They didn't know that this was because of the Earth's axial tilt, but they observed the fact.

The "high point" (Northernmost) that these bodies reached, the point where they seem to "turn around" and head back south is related to the idea of a crossing place in that, once the planet reached that point, it's journey "crossed" into the opposite direction.

The planets were of particular importance to ancient astronomers.  They had no real idea what they were, but they could easily see that they moved differently than the stars. They thought stars and planets were the same thing because they look like the same thing.  The planets move around in other ways in the sky other than north-south, so they considered them quite special, even associating them with their gods.  Babylonians eventually came to view Marduk as their only god (all the others had been different aspects of Marduk all along, they surmised.)  Marduk was associated with Jupiter.  The place where Jupiter stopped and began heading south was a nibiru to them.

99% of the uses of the term Nibiru in Mesopotamian writings involve the city of the same name - a city they believe was built by the god Enlil.  That city still exists today. It later became known by the name Nippur, and today is called Nuffar.  Nippur was located on the Euphrates river, no doubt at a crossing, hence it's early name.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#47    roseline

roseline

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

no. it's nonsense,  new age guff. no scary planet, ghosts, gods demons. just us.

#48    The Exodia

The Exodia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• Life goes on.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

wtf. the idea of it was wrong. its not the sun. its not a planet. sigh. but it do have connection with the orbit arrangement. ^^

#49    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:01 AM

View PostMarial-K, on 22 August 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

Will nibiru "A sun" collide into earth this year? Or is it a lie? If only i can astral project i would see for myself.

anyone with  a telescope can confirm...NO

Also tagged with nibiru

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users