Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

UFO's Shooting Up In The Sky

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#31    ioppolo

ioppolo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 24 August 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

Interesting   i wonder what the cover up story will be.

Nail on the head here.

#32    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

Somebody should have just shot it down with there shotgun and call the media.
That would get to the bottom of this phenomena once and for all instead of
getting pics and vids and deepening the mystery. :gun:

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve.
But to much skepticism can make you narrow minded to extraordinary possibilities.

#33    bigjonalien

bigjonalien

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

and if the government wasn't in contact u think as a security breach they'd us the thor2 laser to shoot it down, come on bring it!

#34    IamLegend

IamLegend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• "The mind of a child is where the revolution begins" - Immortal Technique

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:40 AM

I live in the area. First I've heard of this. I also happen to know someone with the same last name as the witness. I wonder if they're related...

#35    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:14 AM

I'm a believer with a healthy dose of skepticism but that pic is clear, it's a beautiful day and doesn't look faked to me.  I'm no expert (I only play one in my mind) but that pic is genuine, no Photoshop or any other messing around.  It's a UFO.  UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#36    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

I'm a believer with a healthy dose of skepticism but that pic is clear, it's a beautiful day and doesn't look faked to me.  I'm no expert (I only play one in my mind) but that pic is genuine, no Photoshop or any other messing around.  It's a UFO.  UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#37    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,582 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:27 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 25 August 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

Right. And what about this comment from Quaentum?

View PostQuaentum, on 24 August 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Living in that area of New York where the picture was supposedly taken, the time would be dawn or pre-dawn based on the position of the sun.  The fact that the edge is brightly lit but not the bottom makes it IMO a hoax.

What makes you think that it is real exactly?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#38    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

Sorry, double post

#39    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 25 August 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

Right. And what about this comment from Quaentum?

What makes you think that it is real exactly?

Cheers,
Badeskov

What about it?  He says "IMO".  I don't see the sun in the photo, only the sun light.  Unless there is another photo with the sun in it that statement is conjecture.  I choose to believe it because I don't see any thing faked, IMO.  Admittedly, I saw the pic via my smart phone but it's sufficient.  There are things out in our world that we can't explain away.  I accept that more willingly than things that are explained via fear tactics and social pariah-ism... ie religion.  

So there was (allegedly) something in the sky, and a person took a pic of said (alleged) thing...  Looks real...  I accept that I don't know what the heck it is.  If some one can prove absolutely that it it's a fake then, fine.  I accept that as well.  Until then, looks real.  ;)

#40    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,011 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

Unfortunately, we live in a time when CGI and various forms of software can render photographs that "look real". So, looking real and being real have become two very different things. I wish it were otherwise, hoaxers are really doing a disservice to those who are sincerely trying to solve the mystery of UFOs.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#41    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,342 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostLilly, on 25 August 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

Unfortunately, we live in a time when CGI and various forms of software can render photographs that "look real". So, looking real and being real have become two very different things. I wish it were otherwise, hoaxers are really doing a disservice to those who are sincerely trying to solve the mystery of UFOs.
So true Lilly,so true ITs getting even harder to discern from the Hoaxes . Theres even been cases where the so called experts have been fooled ! But one thing is for sure ! A landing and actual meeting with an Alien Race will indeed put it all silentsome day. ITs the Some Day that keeps us Looking. Man I wish they would kick that Starship in the pants and Get here.
Even If there coming to Dinner !
At LEast we would know then! :tu: :alien: :clap:

This is a Work in Progress!

#42    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,162 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostLilly, on 25 August 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

But, there is still a chance to see coverage by several news companies of the same (clear and loud) event... I'm still waiting for something like that (different angles, different news companies, plus folks with their phones/ cameras)

Posted Image

or

Posted Image

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

#43    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

Trick photography! Seriously though, there is a big difference between a UFO and E.T.

#44    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,842 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

View Postzoser, on 24 August 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

Or following some natural creation purpose.  One must consider all options not just the cynical.
Or a lot of good old fashioned fun...

Edit: Also OP looks like a frisbee...

Edited by Timonthy, 26 August 2012 - 01:01 AM.

Posted Image

#45    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,342 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:51 AM

UFO `s and E.T`s  How about just call a gift horse what it is !
An Alien flown Identified Flying object !
THats an "AFIFO" when we get one we can all party !
RIP Neil Armstrong ! THe Real Deal !

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users