Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

UFO's Shooting Up In The Sky

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 35,157 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

View PostKludge808, on 22 September 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

I'm not but Psyche is.  I'm in the mid-Pacific - island of Oahu, state of chaos ... er, Hawaii.  Mauna Kea is a few islands over and I hope to visit someday.  I'll have to take oxygen with me (Cardiopulmonary system ain't what it use to be.) but that's a minor detail.

Well, that would be for Psyche.  (Psyche, where you stay, brah?)

Hey Kludge

I am in South East Queensland on the Gold Coast. If you do spot something around here and want to know more, let me know and if I can I will go have a close look, and take some pictures for you and send them across. I can organise freight at this end if need be, if it works out a reasonable cost to run with an import, let me know if I can help mate.

Cheers.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#92    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 29 August 2012 - 04:26 AM, said:

Once in a while, amateur and professional astronomers do catch sight of what they believe are UFOs, but in this business you have to be looking in the right place at the right time--or looking everywhere all the time, like the military does.

First off, the second video comes up as Private and is inaccessible.  It's status may have changed since you saved the bookmark.

Getting back, though, The first here and the one on the following post are interesting, the first here more so but only due to visibility and length.  I'm going to assume he checked all the mundane things like an insect on the optics (Don't ask me how I know about that one. Just.  Don't.  Ask. :cry: ) which doesn't eliminate everything but does kill off quite a few possibilities.  The second, faint as it is, follows a straight line while the first changes course.  Very definitely interesting.

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#93    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 25 September 2012 - 06:37 AM, said:

Hey Kludge

Hey, Psyche!

I am in South East Queensland on the Gold Coast. If you do spot something around here and want to know more, let me know and if I can I will go have a close look, and take some pictures for you and send them across. I can organise freight at this end if need be, if it works out a reasonable cost to run with an import, let me know if I can help mate.

Ahhh, me.  There is something that has absolutely nothing to do with astronomy - well not directly - but would be of great help.  I would like to acquire a Clisby lathe and mill which were made right there in Oz.  Harold Clisby, the designer of the Sherline lathe, created what were the world's smallest operational lathe and mill.  After he died, his daughter took over the company and received some really bad advice which changed the design*, adversely affected quality control and eventually caused the company to close its doors.  I've had an opportunity to use one of their lathes and, while it can't hold the tolerances my equipment can, was not only fun but also quite useful for small items that don't need to be made to .0005" or, in the case of the watchmaker's lathe, .000025" tolerances.  (Did I mention liking precision? :yes: )

* One change was from plain bushings to ball bearings on the spindle that are not preloaded.  This reduces precision rather significantly.  I believe that if Mr. Clisby felt it should have had ball bearings he would have used them but he went with plain bushings instead which I believe was the proper choice in a machine like this.  

One of the cool parts is that they operate from 12vdc which means that I can use an auto battery (or motorcycle battery if I don't plan to use them long) if necessary to power them.  The power for my workbench will be coming from an assortment of computer power supplies so I'll have plenty of 12v power handy for all sorts of stuff.

Anyway, I'd eventually like to find one of each for myself with a few extra pieces parts to help 1.) make them into stepper driven machines, and 2.) add a vertical slide kit to the lathe's cross slide to make it into a horizontal mill as needed.  They fit my workbench a lot better than even the Unimat and I think I can make most of what I need using them and what my father called "low peasant cunning."  Since it has a 2.5" swing over the bed, there should be enough room to make the equipment Sky and I discussed up a few messages.

I'm thinking maybe we should move this to Astronomy & Astrophysics.  Opinions?

#94    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 29 August 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

Naturally, I have no evidence about it.  This discussion was just a small, informal group of military people and scientists that concerned a variety of different subjects, and I just happened to be part of it--a very small part.  Well, we got to talking about the Washington DC flap of July 1952 and were just looking through some old records and documents, and some of the scientists started talking about anti-gravity fields and things like that.

I had to refresh my memory on that one.  After doing so, I can't agree with the USAF version (which wound up in the Condon Report) of atmospheric conditions.  It doesn't fit the facts as presented nor does it fit what I remember from being a radarman in the Navy.  (An inversion layer can be a real b***h since aircraft can be on top of one and not seen by radar.  This doesn't always happen but it's still there.  Or was in the 60s.)

#95    JoeyLuisLeel

JoeyLuisLeel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

well the first pic was fake clearly you can tell someone placed it there physically and the moon one is just something crawling over the lens.... :(

Posted Image

#96    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

Sky, check your PMs.  :)

#97    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:40 AM

Kludge, using my phone at the moment as I'm rebuilding the laptop I use for UM. I'll reply as soon as it's finished. :)

#98    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:58 AM

View Postjoeyluislopez, on 25 September 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

well the first pic was fake clearly you can tell someone placed it there physically and the moon one is just something crawling over the lens.... :(

I'll agree with the first but any kind of astronomer would check the second as a matter of course.  That's why I said it was mundane check.

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 26 September 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

Kludge, using my phone at the moment as I'm rebuilding the laptop I use for UM. I'll reply as soon as it's finished. :)

No worries.  I'm going to be in bed for a while anyway.  Not feeling so good - probably over did it today.

#99    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostLilly, on 24 August 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

I'd say the notion of alien visitation is a bit more reasonable than that of visitation from the 'tooth fairy'.
However, I'd also say that many unknowns being seen stand a good chance of being terrestrial in origin.
See this link: http://www.ufocasebo...triangular.html

I've been thinking about the NIDS thinking (Hmmm ... thinking about thinking - sounds like me on a good day ;) ) and my own experiments with the Biefeld-Brown Effect.  This is essentially an electrostatic lifting device although the home versions are nowhere near powerful enough to lift their own power sources.  With a lighter than air (LTA) vehicle to handle that part, it seems quite practical to use it since manipulating the field can be used to steer as well as drive such a vehicle and it's significantly quieter than other forms of drive.

As to why a triangle, I don't know for sure.  I know not all the BB Effect lifter I've seen and built were/are triangles although many were/are.  (All of mine were but that's because I'm cheap and it was the easiest shape to make with a minimum of materials. :D )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users