Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dopplegangers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

Dopplegangers are phantoms of living people seen remotely from where the person actually is.  Usually they appear when the person is ill or sleeping, or near death.  But not always.  To me, they are one of the most fascinating paranormal phenomenon.  And that's partly because I have had this happen to me.  The following are eight accounts of where I was seen or heard in more than one place at once.  They will seem unbelievable, but the witnesses swear they saw what they saw.  I of course have never seen my own double so all I have to go on is what they told me.  The fifth and sixth incident could be explalined by mistaken identity.  But since they happened all in a string with the other incidents, from about 2002 through 2005, I included them just because they seemed so similar.

The first incident was when my daughter had her friend spend the night. I had been doing construction all day and was exhausted. Of course the girls insisted on staying up late and squealing. I was too tired to lift my head off my pillow or utter a sound. I remember wishing with all my might that they would SHUT UP. Suddenly they both came running into my room alarmed and stammering, "What do you want? We heard you whistling your whistle louder than ever from the kitchen." I told them I had been in bed wishing they would quiet down and unable to ask them to.

Second incident was again when I was exhausted and covered with dry wall mud from yet more construction. I had picked up my daughter and another friend from school and as the girls walked in front of me to enter the house and raid the fridge, I hesitated on the front porch torn between taking a shower or feeding our horses. I opted for the shower and went straight to my room and started gathering clean clothes from my dresser. The phone in my room began to ring and I shouted for the girls to get it as my arms were full. They didn't answer me. So I shouted much louder (the kitchen where I heard them chatting was merely 20 feet away through an open door- and people, I can yell) Still no answer. Instead I heard my daughter's friend ask her if she should get the phone. I yelled at the top of my lungs, "yes! get the phone!" Still nothing and it quit ringing so I rounded the corner of my door with clothes in hand to scold the girls who at once screamed and turned ash white when they saw me, stammering, "how...how did you get in the house so fast?!!" I now was really stumped. I told them I'd walked in on their heels and had been there the whole time. They insisted simultaneously that they both saw me clearly walking out to feed the horses just a half second before. At that point I thought we had an intruder, or at least that something weird was going on. I separated the girls in different rooms to get to the bottom of what had happened. They both reported seeing me in my jacket covered with drywall mud walking on the same path with the same movements to go feed the horses. They were actually watching me from the kitchen window and freaked out as one instant later I rounded the corner of the hall with an armfull of clean clothes. They were genuinely freaked out about it and took a while to shake it off.  The friend of my daughter was one of those horse-crazy girls who would always want to come over and ride here.  After this, she never returned to our ranch, ever, after years of coming over every week.

The third time was again, when I was tired from an illness but I had promised a friend that I'd show her how to make apple butter jam. I went to our little orchard, climbed the ladder and began picking these special apples for the recipe. I had about half a skirt full of apples when my son rounded the corner of the house and stopped dead in his tracks. Again, with a pale complexion he asked how I got from walking into the greenhouse (50 feet away) and up on the ladder with so many apples in less than a second? By this time I had figured out that my double was emerging and I did my best to assure my shaken son that Mommy was "splitting up" again as we like to joke nowadays.

The fourth incident was when my son was messing with the goats and teasing them (an activity I've forbidden him to do) He looked at a bush near our kitchen door and I was there from the waist up, as he described: "ten times my usual size" and just looming at him glaring. He stopped messing with the goats!   I was in the house instead, resting.

The fifth incident was when I had hemorrhaged at a hospital on a Sunday. The phlebotomist who was checking my hemoglobin that evening said "Hi, nice to see you again". I told her I hadn't seen her, to which she gave me the classic "don't call me a liar" look, and explained that not only had she seen me the day before on her shift, but clearly remembered my name and having had talked with me (I was out of it the Sunday the ambulance brought me in and could barely life my head off my pillow, let alone carry on a conversation on the verge of a needing a blood transfusion.) In hindsight, I couldn't have talked with her earlier even if she was mistaken about talking to me the day before instead of earlier Sunday. I'd gotten just enough strength back that evening to answer short questions. The day she reported seeing me, I was at a Bar-B-Que 20 miles away with multiple witnesses, went home and night and went to bed without leaving my town.

The sixth incident was just a short while later when I went for a checkup after I'd gotten my hemoglobin back up on bed rest at home. I usually do my own carpentry, but was too weak still and with winter coming on, I hired a friend to replace three failed windows. I was with him the whole day and remembered at the last second about my checkup. I raced to the appointment and when the doctor came in she looked me up and down and said "I saw you earlier today" to which I replied that she hadn't and got the classic "look". She went on to describe me, my clothes I was wearing, my hair etc. and insisted it was me. I just replied that alot of people were saying that these days ..and changed the subject.   Trouble is, I was 20 miles away from where she said she saw me, at the time she saw me.

The seventh incident was when my son and his friend were talking with me near our loganberry patch and my son suddenly said, "hey, there you are coming from the kitchen. But it's not you, it's just your dress with the red flowers with no head, arms or legs". I turned around and nothing was there. His little friend was turned away at the time and didn't see anything; she was facing him as was I and looking the opposite direction. I was facing the same direction as my son, but saw nothing.

The eighth incident was my tenants, which are a man and wife, their adult son and girlfriend, all saw me walking with someone else as clear as day up at the main house just a fifty feet away. The wife had something she wanted to tell me, and they turned to see me there. The others urged her to run up just before they left and tell me; to which she did. As she approached with her husband seconds later, I simply "vanished" before their eyes. Apparenlty the son and girlfriend hadn't followed the action and were fussing with their car. They thought I'd run off, again since their brains couldn't compute that kind of info like vanishing, they ran around the house, barns, shop etc. and could not locate me or the person I was with: apparently a man... when I asked if they were certain it was me or maybe someone else come to see if I was home, they all simultaneously insisted (with that classic "don't you call me a liar" insistance that I've become familiar with in witnesses) it was absolutely me. I have unusual angular features and am very distinct looking in frame and form.  The problem is that at the exact time they saw me, I was in a town over 300 miles away, exhausted from driving nearly 9 hours straight.

Share your stories.  I have more of other people having the same thing happen but I'll dole them out one by one as this thread progresses.

Edited by SSilhouette, 24 August 2012 - 12:55 AM.

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

Weird, I've had experiences in seeing a ghost or having a premonition that came true but nothing like this.  Does this still happen?

Edited by Hilander, 24 August 2012 - 01:57 AM.

#3    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:35 AM

Not recently.  Different things are happening now but not that.  I had a recurring bleeding issue where progressively over about 5 years I was becoming severely anemic without being aware of it.  My theory is that I was actually "dying" and my ghost was somehow able to separate but still remain alive inside my body.  Other dopplegangers described in historical accounts relay similar things.  They happen when people are tired, worn out or ill in some way..or actually dying.  One account a friend of mine told me was when her husband and she were stunned afraid for their daughter.  After I told her my account, she, a normally uber-sceptical person, loosened up and told me what happened to her husband's doppleganger.

They were hanging out with friends.  The man is somewhat of a motor head and was helping a friend work on his truck.  The wife stood on the porch some distance away while their 3 year old daughter played on the ground in the yard.  Suddenly and for no reason [hate the breed], the pitbull dog with the men startled at something the girl grabbed and instantly took off running top speed towards her, growling and menacing.  Alarmed, the men turned around, the wife yelled for help hysterically and in less than an instant, the man disappeared from the truck and appeared between the charging pitbull and his daughter in time to kick the dog in the head until it backed away.  It clearly meant to kill the girl and the dad's doppleganger, his entire physicality actually, travelled about 200 feet in a fraction of a second, overtook the dog's approach and appeared between it and his daughter.  They don't like to talk about the incident and the wife told me I was the only one she spoke to of it besides her husband and their friend who were there and all saw it happen.

#4    WiseCrackinMan

WiseCrackinMan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

Facsinating stuff. Must be creepy.

#5    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:34 AM

To me, especially with the man and the pitbull, it was an act that proves we are intending the world around us more than just accidentally being here.  That man willed himself between the pitbull and his daughter.   So strong was his concern, his entire being poured into the effort of moving across that distance instantly.  He was by God going to save the life of his daughter...and nothing, even time and space and the laws of physics were going to stop him...and so he did.

That's the part that makes you question what is real and what isn't.

#6    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

What would be even more fascinating is if other people have heard of or experienced dopplegangers themselves.  How about it?  Anyone else?  This can't just be happening to me.

#7    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

The word in German for a person’s double is “Doppelganger,” and means “double walker” or “double goer.” The terms “shadow self,” “Fetch,” and “look-alike” are also used.

Some believe seeing one’s own, or a family member’s, doppelganger, is a portent of illness, bad luck, or even death.

Many think that a person is able to “will” his image to another location, a form of bilocation – being in two places simultaneously.

A famous case is that of a young French teacher, Emilie Sagee. Most of her students in 1846 and 1846 often witnessed Sagee’s doppelganger. The double would often mimic the young woman’s movements, be very active while Sagee remained motionless, and appear healthy during times that Sagee was known to be ill.

One time, all the students in the school saw Emilie Sagee working in the school’s gardens at the same time that they could see her sitting in a chair in the room with them! When two of the more courageous students attempted to interact with the image in the chair, they discovered an “odd resistance in the air surrounding it.” Ms. Sagee never did see her own double. http://www.bellaonli...es/art62045.asp

This is one of the best documented cases of dopplegangers in history with the most witnesses, but there are others.  Anyone else with personal experiences of their own?  The thing my own double experiences had in common with Emilee Sagee's is that I also was very ill while my double appeared "robust and healthy" to onlookers.  In fact, when my illnessess slowed down a bit, people stopped seeing my doppleganger.  Soldiers undergoing great stress in battle are also among the most common sightings of dopplegangers.  I know of a man whose sister in law saw his brother on the front porch for a minute or so while he was overseas getting heavy action in Vietnam.  He "returned" to see her.  He came back alive but unfortunately committeed suicide not long after returning to the states..

Edited by SSilhouette, 24 October 2012 - 06:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users