Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Lance Armstrong accused of doping

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,791 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

http://www.foxnews.c...titles-at-risk/

So Lance Armstrong, against who there has NEVER been any proof of wrongdoing offered, decides to give the governing body of his sport the middle finger.  He has had literally hundreds of tests...all negative.  Sheer jealousy and petulance on the part of an agency that cannot stand to be proven wrong has sapped Armstrong of time and MONEY for YEARS while he has tried to prove his innocence.  No proof offered against him but the accusations continue relentlessly.  I say GOOD ON HIM!  If they want to use their "power" to besmirch the legacy of a great athlete then let them do so to their own shame.  I hope the sport itself goes into decline over this travesty.

Edited by and then, 24 August 2012 - 10:26 AM.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#2    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

They are saying his 'giving up' fighting the charges is an admission of guilt. I really don't agree.

And stripping him of all seven titles is awful. I feel really bad for the guy, he was a legend.

I'm still on his side.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

Total witch hunt.

If they had proof of him doping, they would have released it years ago.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#4    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,874 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Yeah, I read a pretty vicious article earlier insulting him repeatedly and giving the "fore shame!" ploy pretty heavily.  For some reason they decided to disable comments on that article.

#5    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,857 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

At least Nike and Bush are still standing behind him.

#6    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,558 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

someone has it in for him, me thinks some second placer has a grudge

#7    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,857 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 25 August 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

someone has it in for him, me thinks some second placer has a grudge

Maybe the french were offended because people started calling it the Tour de Lance?

#8    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,034 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

Having been on the receiving end of a witch hunt,  I sympathize with him and totally understand. There are times to say it's just not worth it.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#9    puckmomma

puckmomma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

The man has accomplished so much. It's so sad to see all the jealousy in the sport.

#10    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,055 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

You guys must not know that there was, and is, an apparent practice of taking illegal performance enhancing drugs and prior to testing, having a full blood transfusion to show up negative. This does not work with fat-soluble drugs.

I wish I could find the article on that, it was from one of his team mates, I think, who admitted the same practice.

#11    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,595 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

What would his former team mates have to gain? They admit taking enhancements themselves with Armstrong (they also never failed a test).

I don't like slander anymore then the next guy, but now we will never hear their testimony

#12    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

View Postand then, on 24 August 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

http://www.foxnews.c...titles-at-risk/

So Lance Armstrong, against who there has NEVER been any proof of wrongdoing offered, decides to give the governing body of his sport the middle finger.  He has had literally hundreds of tests...all negative.  Sheer jealousy and petulance on the part of an agency that cannot stand to be proven wrong has sapped Armstrong of time and MONEY for YEARS while he has tried to prove his innocence.  No proof offered against him but the accusations continue relentlessly.  I say GOOD ON HIM!  If they want to use their "power" to besmirch the legacy of a great athlete then let them do so to their own shame.  I hope the sport itself goes into decline over this travesty.

I love TMZ ,but someone on the show,said something so messed up in regard to this .
Karma will be a b**** about all of it,is all I can say .

Miss me?

#13    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Dirt Eater

• 1,174 posts

• Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

I defended Floyd Landis until I was blue in the face. Then he admitted he was doping. As much as I like Lance, even grew up in the same area and shared some of the same aquaintences I'm not gonna say I think I know one way or the other.  I do know what some of them say though.

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,791 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

View Postpallidin, on 25 August 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

You guys must not know that there was, and is, an apparent practice of taking illegal performance enhancing drugs and prior to testing, having a full blood transfusion to show up negative. This does not work with fat-soluble drugs.

I wish I could find the article on that, it was from one of his team mates, I think, who admitted the same practice.
I would like to read of such a practice.  It seems rather extreme.  Additionally it would not be something done easily or without leaving an evidence trail, I imagine.  He was tested HUNDREDS of times.  The assumption that he was doping and then the inability to prove it became an obsession with this governing group.  I have no problem with them being thorough but it turned into a witch hunt.  As to his former team mates - I have no idea why they would lie or if they did lie.  But it is not impossible that they were compensated for doing so.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#15    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,055 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

View Postand then, on 26 August 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

I would like to read of such a practice.

Here it is, posted on this thread by Prof. Buzzkill:
http://www.freep.com...ify-against-him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users