Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Should the world have ended in 2012?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostAlliex, on 28 August 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

When I heard about the world is supposidly going to end in December this year, I got really paranoid about it. I started panicking quite badly. It got so bad that I had to google it to find out for sure. I even went onto the NASA website and they said it's not going to happen, there isn't even a slight chance that it's going to happen.

I calmed down a lot after reading it and then realised how stupid I was being haha.

Also, I heard that the reason why the world was "going to end" was because the people who wrote the calendar all those years ago suddenly stopped at the end of 2012. I don't know if that was just a load of rubbish lol

Basically what happened with the Mayan calendar is that they had 2 seperate calendar in rotation; a Solar one, and one following the movements of Venus. The reason that the 2012 calendar stopped was because they have the next calendar in progress in order to pick up where the other one let off.

So a few thousand years later, some archaeologists found the 2012 calendar, the details were released. And HEY PRESTO! A lot of people began to think that 2012 is going to be the end of the world.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#17    MrsHoward

MrsHoward

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostBeany, on 25 August 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

What groaning noises? I haven't heard any....

The only groaning noise I can hear is myself -  groaning at the very idea that people are worrying over yet another predicted apocalypse. I've lived through too many of these to give a toss any more. The rapture sounded fun though didn't it? Everybody getting naked and floating off to 'Heaven'... Not my preferred London nightclub but if there's nakedness it would have been ok I suppose :P

#18    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Yes It Should Have!

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#19    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 24 August 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

Wasn't this exact thread,same wording,posted a couple of weeks ago ?

Yes, but I think the only answer that will satisfy the OP is:

"Yes, the end is near. We are all going to die. Prepare."

#20    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

Yes ! The end is so so so near ! We are all going to die ! Prepare !

Miss me?

#21    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

View Postpc-maker, on 24 August 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

should the world have ended in 2012?  ive heard all sorts of noises around  the world that were starange. please help in the comments!

That groaning noise was the sound I made when I aw this posting

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#22    dangit12

dangit12

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• if you like it then do it
    -mick(dangit12) :)

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

you know thats its not 2012 really guys the only reason its 2012 is becuase of leap year so technncally it should have been like 4024

#23    Xzenox

Xzenox

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

• All the worlds a stage

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

View PostMrsHoward, on 03 September 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

The only groaning noise I can hear is myself -  groaning at the very idea that people are worrying over yet another predicted apocalypse. I've lived through too many of these to give a toss any more. The rapture sounded fun though didn't it? Everybody getting naked and floating off to 'Heaven'... Not my preferred London nightclub but if there's nakedness it would have been ok I suppose :P

lol  :lol:

#24    ViperWolf

ViperWolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

When I heard about the world is supposidly going to end in December this year, I got really paranoid about it. I started panicking quite badly. It got so bad that I had to google it to find out for sure. I even went onto the NASA website and they said it's not going to happen, there isn't even a slight chance that it's going to happen.

I calmed down a lot after reading it and then realised how stupid I was being haha.

Also, I heard that the reason why the world was "going to end" was because the people who wrote the calendar all those years ago suddenly stopped at the end of 2012. I don't know if that was just a load of rubbish lol

Actually,  The Goverment is preparing for this already,  they have contracted two outside sources to build what I can only call Ark's (I know the movie 2012 had them too and this is not why I say this)  they were accidently discovered by an tv crew filming a doomsday prepper epidose, while interviewing one of these outside contracting companies.  Te camera man went into an area he wasn't supposed to go into.  After seeing them, the contractor downplayed the whole thing and said well, yes we are building these for a client, but we cannot divulge who it is.  Think about it?  these thinge are millions upon millions of dollars in cost each.  Who has that kind of money to throw around?  I know this because I am part of that film crew, and yes this really happened!!  I am smart enough to know that nobody would invest that much money in something that "might" happen!!  I can't say its gonna be Dec 21 2012, or any specific date, but I know these things were within a month or so of being completed and this was two months ago!

#25    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostViperWolf, on 28 September 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

Actually,  The Goverment is preparing for this already,  they have contracted two outside sources to build what I can only call Ark's (I know the movie 2012 had them too and this is not why I say this)  they were accidently discovered by an tv crew filming a doomsday prepper epidose, while interviewing one of these outside contracting companies.  Te camera man went into an area he wasn't supposed to go into.  After seeing them, the contractor downplayed the whole thing and said well, yes we are building these for a client, but we cannot divulge who it is.  Think about it?  these thinge are millions upon millions of dollars in cost each.  Who has that kind of money to throw around?  I know this because I am part of that film crew, and yes this really happened!!  I am smart enough to know that nobody would invest that much money in something that "might" happen!!  I can't say its gonna be Dec 21 2012, or any specific date, but I know these things were within a month or so of being completed and this was two months ago!

Do you have the name of the TV network or have any footage of it?

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#26    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,797 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

And then you woke up.

There was another poster on these forums claiming the government was going to kill most the population, she said she knew because her boyfriend or husband was in the military. After the date passed, she left the forums.

#27    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,086 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#28    Hippycrite

Hippycrite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• even the President of the United States must sometimes have to stand naked-Bob Dylan

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

If this thing is absolutely ending, then why worry? Pull up a cooler of cold brews and relax. Next day, (if there is one), the hangover will make you wish it HAD ended.

#29    _Only

_Only

• 6,487 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostTaylor Reints, on 24 August 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

It's still 2012. However, people whom do believe the world will end this year believe it will happen in December. This idea lacks any real proof and is completely fictional. Besides, I have survived through a lot of supposed apocalypses. :tu:

Wait, you're telling me there isn't undeniable proof that the world will completely end on a certain date?!

Posted Image

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#30    _Only

_Only

• 6,487 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

Yeah, translating archaeologist's best bet is that it marked the end of an age in the Mayan's eyes.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users