Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ukraine Tries to Ban SpongeBob Squarepants

spongebob squarepants homosexuality

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 27 August 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

So if some guy walks down the street in black leather pants with holes for his butt cheeks he isnt of the pink orientation?

Homosexuality should not be promoted and we shouldnt be exposing our children to it. If, after the age of 18, two people of the same sex what to engage in pink behaviour thats their choice. Spongebob should be rated 18+
You clearly have never been to London. You should go, I know you'd love the sight!

Edited by FLOMBIE, 28 August 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#62    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

Ever notice that homophobes spend a lot of time thinking & talking about homosexuality?

Who are they trying to convince about the immorality of being gay?

Ever hear of Ted Haggard?  An evangelist preacher and president of the national evangelical association and married man that was one of the loudest anti gay activists was exposed by his gay lover as a illegal drug abuser, adulterer, and a homosexual!!

“The fact is I am guilty of sexual immorality. And I take responsibility for the entire problem. I am a deceiver and a liar. There’s a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I have been warring against it for all of my adult life,”  Ted Haggard

LMAO!!!  Most homophobes are in denial!  

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#63    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 31 August 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

Ever notice that homophobes spend a lot of time thinking & talking about homosexuality?

Who are they trying to convince about the immorality of being gay?

An interesting article about this: http://www.scientifi...den-homosexuals

View PostLava_Lady, on 31 August 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

Ever hear of Ted Haggard?  An evangelist preacher and president of the national evangelical association and married man that was one of the loudest anti gay activists was exposed by his gay lover as a illegal drug abuser, adulterer, and a homosexual!!

"The fact is I am guilty of sexual immorality. And I take responsibility for the entire problem. I am a deceiver and a liar. There's a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I have been warring against it for all of my adult life,"  Ted Haggard

LOL! Never heard of him but hearing this makes me laugh.

Posted Image

#64    TheSpoonyOne

TheSpoonyOne

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

Why? straight things are promoted all the time? why couldnt the gay community have a gay cartoon?

May be your answer will be becuase straight is normal?

I would answer, No love is normal, The sex of the person should NEVER matter.

I would pick you up on that and say that Heterosexuality ('Straight' people as you call them) is the norm in the sense that it is biologically what is meant to happen to someone when developing, the whole point being that the two genders of a species are meant to develop biologically so that they are attracted to each other, not members  of the same gender, and they can reproduce and continue the species.

This isn't my opinion, it's primary school biology. I don't have anything against homosexuals, I just don't like it when people start making out that heterosexuality isn't the intended sexuality of a properly developed human being. Homosexuality is a fault of development in the womb, it's a fault that doesn't matter, because in the West we are accepting of this biological failure, and I know that sounds harsh but that is what it is, but like I said, it's a development failure that we ignore and accept as something that is going to happen to some people, then we move on and accept their sexuality, even though it is not what was meant to happen.

I've heard that comment a lot, I've never really understood it, it's sort of like saying a Black supremacist is really Chinese in denial...

Edited by TheSpoonyOne, 01 September 2012 - 11:00 PM.

#65    Dash--

Dash--

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:24 AM

So if some guy walks down the street in black leather pants with holes for his butt cheeks he isnt of the pink orientation?

Homosexuality should not be promoted and we shouldnt be exposing our children to it. If, after the age of 18, two people of the same sex what to engage in pink behaviour thats their choice. Spongebob should be rated 18+
Why not?
And I'm not talking about "some guy walking down the street in black leather pants with holes for his butt cheeks".But really,is that any different than a female walking down the street with her butt cheeks hanging out of her too small shorts?
My kids are exposed to that daily.Tell me,is that any worse?
Bad comparison.My homosexual friends have enough dignity to dress conservatively.But you get the analogy.
Back to the question.Why not?

Wisdom is not a product of schooling,but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.
A.Einstein

We live in a sunlit world of what we believe to be reality,but...

#66    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,325 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

This thread is about a cute little cartoon sponge that some seem to think promotes homosexuality. What I want to know is exactly how and with what content does Sponge Bob do this? To say that Sponge Bob cartoons should be for adults only has to be based on something specific...and quite frankly (having seen this cartoon) I'm just not seeing it.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#67    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

View PostLilly, on 02 September 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

This thread is about a cute little cartoon sponge that some seem to think promotes homosexuality. What I want to know is exactly how and with what content does Sponge Bob do this? To say that Sponge Bob cartoons should be for adults only has to be based on something specific...and quite frankly (having seen this cartoon) I'm just not seeing it.

Probably just petty things like Spongebob and Patrick's relationship and, in general, the stupidity (Is there a better word?) of the characters in the cartoon. To judge that as gay, though, makes me wonder if these "morality police" were ever children.

Edited by Taylor Reints, 02 September 2012 - 02:13 AM.

Posted Image

#68    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,664 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

You're going at extremes here. Also why shouldnt it be promoted? It won't change their sexuality watching the show. In fact, it would possibly even help out those who are closeted or those made to feel ashamed about what they are. You do not obtain a sexuality after the age of 18.

Or do you feel it is right to oppress those who have this sexual orientation? Simply because it does not fit with your norms.

On another note spongebob is hilarious. When I watch it I don't think about his sexual orientation or feel influenced by whatever is happening. It is just a funny show.

#69    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,009 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

Lilly

I am unsure what "promoting" would  mean. Sponge Bob has an American adult gay fan base. In other words, the cartoon has caught on in a subculture as something besides a children's entertainment.

Why? Not because Sponge Bob is a prominent spokesponge for marriage equality, if that's what the Ukrainian activists are worreid about.

Kermit the frog is also popular among adults, so far as I know, both gay and straight. What does Kermit "promote?"  How does Kermit "promote" it? Speaking as an adult friend of Kermit, I sense there is an "adult sensibility" behind Kermit, even if he is a plush puppet who does silly things in silly situatutions.

If I knew how to create a "sensibility" of any kind in a cloth bag or an animated drawing, then I'd go into those lines of work. However, with Kermit, the sensation I have is that the people behind Kermit know about what concerns me as an adult. I think that that knowingness, the knowingness that informs an otherwise silly exercise, is what I appreciate in Kermit.

You don't have to be a kid to get something from "It's not easy being green," and you can be pretty sure that the song was written with a full awareness that kids wouldn't be the only ones listening to it.

It wouldn't be a huge step to put just a little spin on Kermie, and that adult sensibility could be read as a gay sensibility. Henson & Company didn't go that route. Other producers have. I don;t see anything wrong with that, and I don't see any reason why children shouldn't watch the show. Then again, I don't have any beef with gay people in general. Apparently, other people do, and some of them work for the Ukraine. Meh.

Posted Image

#70    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

I just.... I... wh... PFFFFFFFFT!

He's just a silly cartoon character! Come on!

I remember when I was young and liked Pokemon, and my grandmother told me Pokemon were satanic. Even at a young age I thought that was a ridiculous claim. This is no different.

Where has all the common sense gone???

#71    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

How Can Anybody Promote Homosexuality?! If A Person Is Straight They're Straight .. I Am Certain Spongebob Can't Convert Anyone Into Being Gay .. :blink:

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#72    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

I've heard that comment a lot, I've never really understood it, it's sort of like saying a Black supremacist is really Chinese in denial...

Actually, its not a mere 'comment'  its Psych  101.  Its in the same vein of a man becoming a priest to deny his craving for little boys or one of us doing something we consider horrible and trying to forget it by admonishing similar incidents.  its a behavioral thing.  You really can't fit a persons undeniable race into this category unless you count someone who is bi racial that denies one race because of prejudices learned.

Denial us a reality... And if you Don't believe it, you're in denial!   Hehe!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Also tagged with spongebob squarepants, homosexuality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users