Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What Should You Do in a Mass Shooting?

mass shooting dhs

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,087 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

That was funny.

If possible, though, I would take the SOB out. I realize that's not always likely.

#17    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostMichelle, on 25 August 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

:w00t: You guys kill me sometimes!

Perhaps not if you're standing next to ZaraKitty!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#18    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,896 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

We could try this tactic......
http://current.com/e...-in-my-foot.htm

:)

#19    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

That headline ranks alongside "Freddie Starr ate my hamster!"

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#20    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

Basically my thought was, like I said. To pretend you feel the same and ask if you can help him. That way you gain his trust, but you really have to be a great actor and convince yourself that you do indeed feel this way. Walk up to a man and punch him in the face a few times, knocking him out. Right there, even though you've harmed someone, you could easily gain his trust, ask for a gun. Make it seem like you've been waiting forever to do this and this is the perfect opportunity. Once you get a gun, walk up to the same guy, pretending you're going to blow his head off, and then shoot the attacker instead. If you play this correctly, you may be able to save the day!! Yes, the guy you punched may be a little pissed at you, but under the circumstances, I'm sure he'd be grateful!

What do you guys think? Too risky? I would only try this if it were the only way, like you knew you were going to be killed. If someone had been killed already and death was inevitable, I would so try this. I'm pretty confident that I'd be able to pull this off. Dunno about anyone else, I'm sure there are only certain types with the mentality to be very manipulative to pull this off. Or at least die trying!!!

There is of course, the alternative. Trying to council him. Asking what made him get to this point. Be caring and thoughtful, playing the role of a therapist or shrink. Make him seem like he is very important and his message is serious and not crazy and he deserves recollection and admiration. Maybe even try Reverse psychology.

Reverse psychology is a technique involving the advocacy of a belief or behavior that is opposite to the one desired, with the expectation that this approach will encourage the subject of the persuasion to do what actually is desired: the opposite of what is suggested. This technique relies on the psychological phenomenon of reactance, in which a person has a negative emotional response in reaction to being persuaded, and thus chooses the option which is being advocated against.
http://en.wikipedia....erse_psychology

I would convince him that I've also done this before and got away with it, gaining his trust and maybe he would take my advice. Manipulation is the key in these types of survival situations. Sometimes, trying to hide and cower or crying is only going to make you even more of a target. They want to kill the weak first or the heroes first. Not the guy who is cheering him on. But then again, lol, what do I know about mass murderers? :innocent:

Edited by Mentalcase, 27 August 2012 - 03:07 AM.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#21    UFO_Monster

UFO_Monster

Poltergeist

• 2,238 posts

• What looks spooky is not always scary. What looks cute is not always cuddly.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

Run and hide. If loved ones are in danger, I would defend them at all costs.

#22    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

Try to distract the shooter so that others may escape.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#23    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

View Posthetrodoxly, on 25 August 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

Stand next to ZaraKitty
And stay the hell away from ealdwita! Seriously though, I think I just have the worst luck when it comes to these things, because I've been in a building during a hold up, more than once. Staying calm is a great (though difficult) thing to do, but if there are enough people around, panic will for the most part break out inevitably. Hiding is a good option when possible if you have a cell phone or some accessible means to contact the police, but in quite a few situations if the shooter is mobile, you'll want to be as well. Chaos is an even bigger issue when there are multiple shooters. I was in Mexico once and someone shot a person, and it happened so fast that no one had even seen who it was, but then someone else pulled out a gun, and then a third and a fourth, and so on, and in the time it took for plain civilians to run indoors or seek other cover, and leave just the involved persons in the cartels to duke it out, it was like minutes of watching water and oil separate, but everyone was running and shouting and doing God knows what, and it was just one big mess.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#24    greywolf

greywolf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

I would probably die of a heart attack as soon as the shooting started. :cat:

#25    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,323 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

Not bad advice really.  Save the taxpayer money, don't stop hitting him with the chair until he is dead.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#26    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

I'm working in my own weapons permit, so other then ducking and hiding, hopefully I could get a few shots fired back when I've got what I need.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#27    Zalanox

Zalanox

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

I would like to think I'd be some badass hero who would save the day.

But since real life isn't a movie and I'm not a superhero, I'd probably freak out and hide.

#28    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:26 AM

To be honest I thought everyone in America was armed to the teeth to start with? Shoot back at the shooter! Blast the SOB to shreads! Yea Har!!

Then carry on shopping or watching the movie or whatever it was you were doing.. :tu:

Edited to add: not that these terrible things only happen in America..

Edited by Professor T, 05 September 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#29    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,998 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

.. if ZaraKitty isn't there?   ..  i don't know!

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

Also tagged with mass shooting, dhs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users