Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Ice Age Civilization

• Please log in to reply
695 replies to this topic

#631    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

I propose it is a good sign that Harsh hasn't responded to this thread in days. Maybe we finally reached him. One can always hope...

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#632    Erowin

Erowin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

Civilizations require farming and people living together in massive amounts and close proximity. Neither of those things were true at the time. A hunting-gathering band could simply not make a civilization, because they kept themselves small and were always on the move. They might stop to build a temple that they would visit but they had no premament settlements. They couldn't, until they became farmers.

#633    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,966 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Erowin,

I haven't seen you around here much lately (this section.)

Have we been too boring?

Glad to see you back here.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#634    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

View PostArbitran, on 03 November 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

I propose it is a good sign that Harsh hasn't responded to this thread in days. Maybe we finally reached him. One can always hope...
You wish..............but your statement does have a undertone of 'You missed me'.

http://www.trueorigin.org/

everything that you read in talk origins has been debunked multiple times.The above links will help you to judge for yourself.

P.S.--There is lot of material supporting a young Earth in the above link,but i will clarify that i do not suscribe to it lest you call me a biblical creationist.

Edited by Harsh86_Patel, 06 November 2012 - 05:31 AM.

#635    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 31 October 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

I know what I'd like to see him do. And that's to actually post something relevant to the thread, concerning possible Ice Age civilizations, instead of continuously hi-jacking it to drone on and on about how he doesn't believe in evolution. His inability to comprehend it is his own failing and off-topic. Bet he can't do it.

cormac

View PostHarte, on 31 October 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

I can see why he doesn't believe in Evolution.

After all, he was left behind by it.

Harte

View PostClobhair-cean, on 31 October 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

We have to give one thing to him though: despite being proven fundamentally wrong in a number of independent scientific fields and despite having no-one around who would support any of his outlandish claims, he is still going strong. The guy has tenacity.

All my fans i would be pleased to inform yall that i am back..........yall can commit ad hominem and keep liking it,only demonstrates intellectual bankruptcy.

#636    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 06 November 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

You wish..............but your statement does have a undertone of 'You missed me'.

http://www.trueorigin.org/

everything that you read in talk origins has been debunked multiple times.The above links will help you to judge for yourself.

P.S.--There is lot of material supporting a young Earth in the above link,but i will clarify that i do not suscribe to it lest you call me a biblical creationist.

Not only hasn't anything on Talk Origins been debunked, on the contrary, it's your silly "True Origin" that has been utterly discredited. Sorry. And don't flatter yourself; one doesn't have to "miss you" to note the fact that you've been mysteriously absent recently.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#637    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 06 November 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

All my fans i would be pleased to inform yall that i am back..........yall can commit ad hominem and keep liking it,only demonstrates intellectual bankruptcy.

Yeah, because childishly deeming us "fans" and insulting us while claiming the victim position just makes us like you so much...

#638    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,532 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 06 November 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

In other words, you STILL have nothing relevant to the topic to say. We figured as much.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#639    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 06 November 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

In other words, you STILL have nothing relevant to the topic to say. We figured as much.

cormac
oh and you are so relevant aren't you.

#640    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,532 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

Is it just me, or are creationists utterly clueless about how uranium decay has been used to date the earth to around 4.5 billion years? To me the story of how scientists were able to figure this out based on isotopes is truly fascinating (even if some of it is over my head). More to the point, it's proven science. I don't understand the mindset of people who refuse to educate themselves about these things but go on insisting science is wrong anyway.

Goodness.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#641    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 08 November 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

Is it just me, or are creationists utterly clueless about how uranium decay has been used to date the earth to around 4.5 billion years? To me the story of how scientists were able to figure this out based on isotopes is truly fascinating (even if some of it is over my head). More to the point, it's proven science. I don't understand the mindset of people who refuse to educate themselves about these things but go on insisting science is wrong anyway.

Goodness.
Though i don't believe that the world is just 6000 years old,i also believe that the dating methods are not accurate.The link below gives a list of assumptions:
http://www.earthage....f the Earth.htm

Though Hindus believe that the world and civilization is billions of years old approx 4.5/4.32 billion years old according to Vedic scriptures,way before modern radiometric techniques.

http://en.wikipedia....Hindu_cosmology

#642    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 08 November 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

Though i don't believe that the world is just 6000 years old,i also believe that the dating methods are not accurate.The link below gives a list of assumptions:
http://www.earthage....f the Earth.htm

Though Hindus believe that the world and civilization is billions of years old approx 4.5/4.32 billion years old according to Vedic scriptures,way before modern radiometric techniques.

http://en.wikipedia....Hindu_cosmology

Don't act like you represent all Hindus; I'm a Hindu, but I don't believe what you do, or anything similar. And the "assumptions" you like are bogus; you need to learn, just giving a link that subscribes to a certain view doesn't make it's claims true, it's the facts that ultimately win out. That's why your creationist sites are wrong; they don't have any facts; though they do appear to hold a monopoly in bull****.

#643    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostArbitran, on 08 November 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

Don't act like you represent all Hindus; I'm a Hindu, but I don't believe what you do, or anything similar. And the "assumptions" you like are bogus; you need to learn, just giving a link that subscribes to a certain view doesn't make it's claims true, it's the facts that ultimately win out. That's why your creationist sites are wrong; they don't have any facts; though they do appear to hold a monopoly in bull****.
Why do you think you are a Hindu? It's not a race if thats what you are thinking.
Scriptures and their interpretions that you don't like are not bogus,they are interpretations by credible vedic scholars endorsed by wikipedia.You being a Hindu seems like a Bogus claim based on your birth into a Hindu family probably in the Indian subcontinent.
Thats why your evolutionist sites are bull**** as they think they have a monopoly and they can supress free rational,logical and empirical thought.

Luckily we Hindus are tolerant in all aspects of life and thought so we can tolerate intolerant people like you as well.Our tolerance allows you to claim that you are also a Hindu.Even atheists have a place in Hinduism,it is very inclusive.

#644    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• 1,145 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

Lol at "endorsed by wikipedia", a site that anyone can edit. It is one level above "endorsed by the crazy naked homeless guy on the sidewalk". Your "credible vedic scholars", based on the links you tout, are just random people with Comic Sans-typed websites and not actual researchers that publish in credible journals.

#645    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 08 November 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

Why do you think you are a Hindu? It's not a race if thats what you are thinking.

Why do I think I'm a Hindu... I am well aware it isn't race. It's a culture; an ideology. One which I subscribe to; ergo, I'm a Hindu.

Scriptures and their interpretions that you don't like are not bogus,they are interpretations by credible vedic scholars endorsed by wikipedia.You being a Hindu seems like a Bogus claim based on your birth into a Hindu family probably in the Indian subcontinent.

If you're referring to Cremo, he isn't a "credible Vedic scholar". And incidentally, I was born into a Christian family, and not in India. Your talent at making unfounded assumptions is nothing short of remarkable.

Thats why your evolutionist sites are bull**** as they think they have a monopoly and they can supress free rational,logical and empirical thought.

Wow, so science isn't scientific enough for you now? Pity...

Then again, you've made it overwhelmingly clear you don't understand science in the first place; so I'm not terribly surprised.

Luckily we Hindus are tolerant in all aspects of life and thought so we can tolerate intolerant people like you as well.Our tolerance allows you to claim that you are also a Hindu.Even atheists have a place in Hinduism,it is very inclusive.

Yes, science is intolerant; not all ideas are created equal, my fellow Hindu. And yes, atheists can be Hindu; I am both, incidentally: an atheistic Hindu. I also consider myself a Buddhist, Taoist, Shintoist, Confucianist, etc.... Though Hindu is my technical grouping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users