Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NeuroSurgeon experiences Life after death

life after death dr eben alexander skeptic spirituality death

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,673 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:06 AM

View PostAlienated Being, on 26 August 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

While I may not have had the experience, there are many who have, and still do not accept the silly idea of an afterlife.
That is not how any scientific mind approaches an unanswered question.  You know that.

You DID ask me to provide an instance wherein an individual encountered a unicorn, and I presented an entire book dedicated to finding your "own" unicorn... this woman claims to have come into contact with unicorns. It is based on personal experience...

It is hardly an unfair comparison, by any means.
You win, everybody who has something to say about NDE's is just like this woman - enjoy. *sarcasm intended*.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#17    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 26 August 2012 - 03:06 AM, said:

That is not how any scientific mind approaches an unanswered question.  You know that.
Einstein certainly referred to god (as well as the bible) as being (and I quote) "childish". Certainly no scientific mind would approach an unanswered question in that manner...

The actual quote...

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

You win, everybody who has something to say about NDE's is just like this woman - enjoy. *sarcasm intended*.
I can agree with that, actually.

Edited by Alienated Being, 26 August 2012 - 03:21 AM.

#18    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

I don't know what to make of NDE's, but to automatically consign to the 'Silly Bin' any idea that conflicts with suppositions based on zero direct experience, is not wise imo.

#19    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 183 posts

• Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    -Gandhi

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Believe it or not, Einstein was a very spiritual person.  Do a search on his quotes on spirituality.  He had very insightful things to say.

#20    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostB Randomly, on 26 August 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Believe it or not, Einstein was a very spiritual person.  Do a search on his quotes on spirituality.  He had very insightful things to say.
He knew no more about spirituality than any other theoretical physicist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users