Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bush Or Kerry

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will run the Country better? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will run the Country better?

1. Bush (18 votes [51.43%])

Percentage of vote: 51.43%

2. Kerry (17 votes [48.57%])

Percentage of vote: 48.57%

Vote

#31    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:36 PM

Again I agree with Kellalor... as I said...

listening to that flip flopping voice of his for four years!!! I shutter at the thought!!!!

I couldn't stand listening to him trying to make up his mind on issues day after day.... he would stand for something when I go to bed... and stand for the complete opposite when I wake up..... I can take that kind of stress for four years.... it  would be like watching Tennis for four years..... w00t.gif

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#32    psicohunter

psicohunter

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• "death is but a door
    time is but a window
    i'll be back"

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE(Nxt2Hvn @ Sep 28 2004, 07:08 PM)
That and the fact that the mere sight of Kerry gives me an almost uncontrollable urge to vomit. 

Right there with you Kellalor!!!!!  If he wins... I'm thinking of moving to an island somewhere!!!!

I can't imagine looking at that face and listening to that flip flopping voice of his for four years!!!    I shutter at the thought!!!!  scared.gif

View Post

any one rember the weapons of mass distruction

#33    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:39 PM

I believe that the WMDs were there.... why else would they not comply.

Those same WMDs are now in Syria and other countries..... Saddam was slick in getting theWMD's hidden... too bad he couldn't hide himself that well!!  whistling2.gif

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#34    psicohunter

psicohunter

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• "death is but a door
    time is but a window
    i'll be back"

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(Nxt2Hvn @ Sep 28 2004, 07:36 PM)
Again I agree with Kellalor... as I said...

listening to that flip flopping voice of his for four years!!! I shutter at the thought!!!!

I couldn't stand listening to him trying to make up his mind on issues day after day.... he would stand for something when I go to bed... and stand for the complete opposite when I wake up..... I can take that kind of stress for four years.... it  would be like watching Tennis for four years..... w00t.gif

View Post

kerry is the not a vary good pollution and he is vary confusing but if you really look at what he voted for you will find that buss is using that one issue to run he inter campaign

#35    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:45 PM

DUDE!!! Use Spell Check!!!!  w00t.gif

#36    psicohunter

psicohunter

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• "death is but a door
    time is but a window
    i'll be back"

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:46 PM

is that the best you got

#37    Dancing_Dumplings

Dancing_Dumplings

broke.

• 2,653 posts

• <3 Ti amo Eva <3

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:49 PM

whats your take on this psi? kerry or bush?

Memories frozen in time...
^all of my personal photos. Everything I want you to see. Nothing more, nothing less.^

#38    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:01 PM

Psicohunter, your posts are very difficult to read.

When posting, please take advantage of the free spell check button located directly below and on the left side of the box you type your message into. It will make your messages much easier to read and will lessen the responses like what we have seen here.

I thank you. thumbsup.gif

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#39    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 29 September 2004 - 12:42 AM

US contenders fire off attack ads

The Bush and Kerry camps have launched attack ads questioning each other's record on national security just days before the first presidential debate.
The Kerry ad suggests George W Bush "doesn't get it" in Iraq while a Bush riposte accuses John Kerry of voting over the years to weaken the Pentagon.

Both men have come off the election trail to prepare for Thursday's debate.

New opinion polls suggest the sitting Republican president has a lead of about 6% over the Democrat challenger.

Time magazine found 48% of respondents backing Mr Bush against 42% for Mr Kerry with a margin of error of four percentage points. An ABC News/Washington Post poll gave Mr Bush 51% support to Mr Kerry's 44%, with a margin of error of 3.5 percentage points.

The Time poll also found that 51% of Americans believed US actions in Iraq had made the world more dangerous - an increase of five percentage points in just two weeks.

Meanwhile the newspaper in Mr Bush's adopted Texan home town, Crawford, has switched sides, urging its readership of 425 to vote Kerry on 2 November.

The publishers of the Lone Star Iconoclast rejected Mr Bush's "smoke-screened agenda" on Iraq and US domestic issues, and regretted having been "duped" in 2000 into "following yet another privileged agenda".

Facts and figures

The Bush camp launched two political adverts on Tuesday: Peace and Security on television and Facts on radio.

The TV ad accuses Mr Kerry and fellow Democrats of seeking to weaken the US military after the 11 September 2001 attacks on the US by voting in Congress to cut defence spending.

They had tried, the ad says, to "eliminate over 40 weapons now fighting the war on terror".

"Facts" repeats the same allegations, asking: "How can John Kerry and his liberal allies protect us?"

Monday saw the appearance of a Kerry campaign TV ad called Doesn't Get It, which accuses President Bush of having no plan for Iraq.

It berates him for declaring "mission accomplished" against a background of "1,000 US soldiers dead, kidnappings, even beheadings of Americans", and promises that Mr Kerry would signal a "new direction".

A Republican ad called Searching, released on Monday, has been condemned by an independent ad watchdog.

Factcheck.org described it as "the most egregious example so far in the 2004 campaign of using edited quotes in a way that changes their meaning and misleads voters".

The ad juxtaposes statements by Mr Kerry to suggest he has voiced contradictory views on the Iraq war.

Florida showdown

Both Mr Bush and Mr Kerry are expected to stay off the campaign trail on Tuesday in preparation for their first televised debate in Miami, Florida.

But Wednesday will see the president inspecting relief efforts in the Sunshine State after Hurricane Jeanne.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan denied the visit had any political motive.

Mr Kerry is also scheduled to be in Florida on Wednesday, addressing a rally at Fort Lauderdale airport.

Tens of millions of television viewers are expected to watch Thursday's head-to-head.

user posted image user posted image

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3698756.stm

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#40    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:45 AM

I believe that the WMDs were there.... why else would they not comply.

Well...he did. Sure, he spent a lot of time blustering about until the very last minute, but when his bluff was called, he did comply huh.gif UN weapon inspectors did, in fact, go into Iraq, and they said there weren't any WMDs tongue.gif Do you people just rewrite history to make Bush sound right? huh.gif

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#41    JAZ76US

JAZ76US

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:51 AM

I will be voting for Kerry this election. I am American and am from northeastern Ohio. Reasons are economy and I dont agree with the Iraq War. I am not a Bush hater and dont believe in alot of the anti crap about him. I voted for him last election, but he didnt win my vote this election.

#42    Curiosity

Curiosity

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

• `Twas ignorance that killed the cat.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:07 AM

If I were old enough, I'd vote for Bush.  There's something about Kerry that just doesn't seem right...I can't put my finger on it...

Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing the attempt.
-W. Shakespeare

#43    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:08 AM

There's something about Kerry that just doesn't seem right...I can't put my finger on it...

A detectable IQ? tongue.gif

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#44    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 03:07 AM

Im an aussie, so I know little about how bush ran america domestically although I have heard he didn`t do to well with the economy but of course evryone knows about Iraq and the war on terrorism and thats what most seem to jusge him on. Personally I like bush better than Kerry and Bush could probably do a better job of the war on terror than kerry!
I was going for kerry at the start but now to me he just doesn`t look like a superpower leader, Bush would just get my vote!

#45    ladycat

ladycat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:13 AM

President Bush will keep the USA safe. thumbsup.gif

I find Kerry frightening...has no message and no agenda for the USA. w00t.gif

FOUR MORE YEARS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users