Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Ark of the Covenant

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    conspiracy buff

conspiracy buff

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 06 April 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

As Tudor Parfitt had said this drum like ark of the Lemba`s could have had some kind of gun powder mixture carried in it that sparked and was  rebuilt after being damaged by fire. To me would be more believeable than anything magical.

While I respect what experts like Tudor Parfitt and others in his field say, I don't totally agree with everything they say.  Again, it has more to do with one's mindset and individual opinion on these mythical and legendary topics.  If you believe that the Bible, Koran, or whatever ever holy texts you believe in are true, then you would also believe that this Ark of the Covenant had almost supernatural like powers.  Legend has it that this is because it came from God, which is a simple enough explanation.  I, personally, believe that there are forces in this world and even throughout the universe that we humans simply cannot begin to understand.  Maybe these things have scientific explanations, but we are likely a long way off from being able to explain these forces in our scientific terms.  Some have theorized that the Ark was some kind of communication device to talk directly to God.  That is indeed an interesting theory and would put a lot of customs linked to the Ark into logical contexts.  Like only having holy individuals being able to use or be in the very presence of the object.  But, like all myths it boils down to interpretation.  That's just my take on it....

There is a grain of truth in every conspiracy known to man, you just have to be intelligent enough to find it.

#32    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

View Postthe L, on 26 August 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Anyway what kind of Box could spread Red sea, Jordan river , kill many people , create tumors,radiate people?
Was Ark built in Golden ratio? How come that Levites knew how to handle it? Does Moses wrote instructions how to use it?
Was  Ark weapon for psychological warfare? Were Hebrews so smart that they realized that belief can be used as greatest weapon of all and convienced their enemies by rumors they spread that they have all mighty weapon?
After Moses and Hebrews left Egypt they took many precious things, gold,jules and ofcourse knowledge from ancient Egypt . Could it be that their stole knowledge for building Ark. Moses must known many Egyptians secret and their science. I read once how Ark have same proportion as Sarcophagi from Great pyramid and that missing cap stone of Great pyramid was from copper so that pyramid could collect energy and transported energy to Ark/Sarchophagi placed in Great pyramid. So was Ark Capacitor for storing electricity?
What kind of Box could spread Red sea, Jordan river , kill many people , create tumors,radiate people?

Why would one enslaved own people to create resting place for radio? Was it more?
Radiactive elements in a large enough quantity,enclosed in a lead box....can explain few of the events you mentioned i.e, tumors,radioactive posioning and death due to opening the ark,"a thing of fire" as radioactive exposure will cause burns,needing to build a special enclosure for it. Though parting the Jordan river cannot be explained by radioactivity.

Other cultures also speak of such bright and terrible weapons,described as ' a thousand Suns'. Mass scale wipe out of ancient civilizations can also be explained by such weapons, that do not cause physical destruction but kill anything alive (i.e radioactive poisoning).

Radiation injury can also cause hallucinations, and that can explain why people think they communicated with God.

Edited by Harsh86_Patel, 18 April 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#33    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

View Postgoodconversations, on 07 April 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

In Muslims holy Scripture, the Quran, the Arabic word for Ark is Tabut and is mentioned only twice:

2:248

Yusuf Ali's translation

Picthal's translation

20:39

Yusuf Ali's translation

Picthal's translation

That's it! The Quran basically doesn't say much about the AOC. So i tried looking up what other sources of the Islam say about the AOC.

The interpretation of 2:248:

Major Quranic exegesis, Tafsir al-Jalalayn, says:

Tanwîr al-Miqbâs min Tafsîr Ibn ‘Abbâs says:

Tafsir Ibn Kathir says:

Sakinah seems to be the Arabic splling of Shekhina:

Then i found this totally different view on what Tabut is by Muhammad Ali in his book The Holy Quran:

Posted Image

He has been labelled as heretical. His sect is Lahori Ahmediyya.
Same view is adobted by Muhammad Asad in his book
The Message of the Qur'an:

And G A Parwez in his book Exposion of the Quran:

Now i'm more confused than i was before! And apparently, the Tabuts in each verse are not the same, to Muslims. Their book says so little about Tabut yet they had detailed stories about it (inspired/copied from Torah?). All while they believe the Torah was distorted.
Quran was a mixture of information obtained from Jews, Christians and Pagans. It also has a lot of hearsay that was floating around during the times of Muhammad.So it is a secondary source and most of the information it has is already present in other older ancient texts.

#34    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 4,395 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

View Postconspiracy buff, on 08 April 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

While I respect what experts like Tudor Parfitt and others in his field say, I don't totally agree with everything they say.  Again, it has more to do with one's mindset and individual opinion on these mythical and legendary topics.  If you believe that the Bible, Koran, or whatever ever holy texts you believe in are true, then you would also believe that this Ark of the Covenant had almost supernatural like powers.  Legend has it that this is because it came from God, which is a simple enough explanation.  I, personally, believe that there are forces in this world and even throughout the universe that we humans simply cannot begin to understand.  Maybe these things have scientific explanations, but we are likely a long way off from being able to explain these forces in our scientific terms.  Some have theorized that the Ark was some kind of communication device to talk directly to God.  That is indeed an interesting theory and would put a lot of customs linked to the Ark into logical contexts.  Like only having holy individuals being able to use or be in the very presence of the object.  But, like all myths it boils down to interpretation.  That's just my take on it....

In one documentry on the ark they, showed how a certain subtance in sand can spark when lit with fire, forgot what documentry  that was :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users