Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A dream inside a dream inside a dream.... etc

lucid dreams inception

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Cryptid_Control

Cryptid_Control

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

• “When the snows falls and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.”

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

I've honestly never heard of this happening so I was wondering if it's common or means anything.

Anyways, a few nights ago I had a dream where I woke up and I just figured I was awake and started going on with my day, all of the sudden a bear runs into my room and I wake up again. In that dream the same thing happened but instead of a bear I just collapsed and woke up. Now this happens a few more times and every time I wake up I'm more weary about my surroundings and I start freaking out wondering if I'm finally awake at this time. Now this might sound lucid but I wasn't completely into it because I only noticed this after I woke up, but wheretime I woke up I was in a different room that I don't recognize now, but during the dream it seemed totally normal.

Once I fianlly woke up I was freaking out because I didn't know if I was really awake or if was another dream. I looked at my clock a few times (I heard that during dreams clocks have trouble showing a stable time because your brain doesn't register the details) and pinching myself.

Also, Probably the last time I 'woke up' but was still in the dream it became completely lucid and I realized I was dreaming, but usually when I'm in a lucid dream I just say wake up and suddenly I'm awake. This one didn't respond though and no matter how many times I said wake up nothing happened for probably 10 minutes. In the end when I finally woke up for good I was mumbling wake up as I came into conciousness.

I'm wondering what this is, if it means anything and is it common?  Also is there anything I can do to avoid lucid dreaming? It really freaks me out.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

#2    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,070 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostCryptid_Control, on 26 August 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

I've honestly never heard of this happening so I was wondering if it's common or means anything.

Anyways, a few nights ago I had a dream where I woke up and I just figured I was awake and started going on with my day, all of the sudden a bear runs into my room and I wake up again. In that dream the same thing happened but instead of a bear I just collapsed and woke up. Now this happens a few more times and every time I wake up I'm more weary about my surroundings and I start freaking out wondering if I'm finally awake at this time. Now this might sound lucid but I wasn't completely into it because I only noticed this after I woke up, but wheretime I woke up I was in a different room that I don't recognize now, but during the dream it seemed totally normal.

Once I fianlly woke up I was freaking out because I didn't know if I was really awake or if was another dream. I looked at my clock a few times (I heard that during dreams clocks have trouble showing a stable time because your brain doesn't register the details) and pinching myself.

Also, Probably the last time I 'woke up' but was still in the dream it became completely lucid and I realized I was dreaming, but usually when I'm in a lucid dream I just say wake up and suddenly I'm awake. This one didn't respond though and no matter how many times I said wake up nothing happened for probably 10 minutes. In the end when I finally woke up for good I was mumbling wake up as I came into conciousness.

I'm wondering what this is, if it means anything and is it common?  Also is there anything I can do to avoid lucid dreaming? It really freaks me out.
Your experiences are called false awakenings.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#3    34th prototype

34th prototype

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• I am strong enough to admit that I am weak.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

yes it is false awakenings,and it is proved to create more stable,long lasting,concret dreams if succeed in dreaming inside a dream(maybe even more inside).But i could never do it intentionally(in an L dream)..i tried it and nearly got an nde.i think it should be spontaneous

Piieces!!!!!!!

#4    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,631 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

Yes, I have had this happen.  It's a little annoying, you are sure you are awake and heading down the stairs only you belatedly notice you are "floating" down, so you wake up, start again and "float" above the bed.  After 3 tries on one occasion I just lay there and thought "now are you sure you are awake" while blinking repeatedly and pulling on my fingers (they say if you pull on your fingers while dreaming they will stretch like elastic, lol).

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#5    SpectralEdge

SpectralEdge

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• This is the story of how I died.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

I used to do this as a kid, my parents would wake me for school I would drowse back off, complete my school day (in my dream) and crawl in to bed to go to sleep, then just as I fell asleep again my parents would come yell at me for falling back asleep. Made for very confusing days sometimes because I couldn't remember what happened in my dream compared to what happened the previous day. I think I was in 4th grade when it was happening the most.

#6    dangit12

dangit12

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• if you like it then do it
    -mick(dangit12) :)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

OH MY GOD REAL LIFE INCEPTION! :w00t:

#7    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,600 posts

• Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others. -Buddha

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

I read somewhere that one is somehow accessing a different level of ones consciousness hence the "false awakenings" or even dreaming that you are having a dream...now that can be really weird.

#8    aryannatimothy

aryannatimothy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:00 AM

I also have the same experience. I wonder what is the importantce or even meaning of thiskind of dream, anyone?

Discover the power of the mind and know how to manifest what you want. Click mind power secrets to know more.

#9    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,167 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

Ya 2 times but don`t know what if anything it meant lol.  It was a messed up feeling big time.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

Also tagged with lucid dreams, inception

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users