Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

More of a suggestion then a question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,063 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

It is normal that not everyone in any forum is going to get along with everyone.That is why there is a ignore feature here.I have a problem with it though.

Lets say in theoretically, someone did not like me for any given reason.They post a few replies showing this, then they shoot a few PM's.They then reply how they have put me on ignore for whatever reason, then they still PM me, even though they have me on ignore.

I am suggesting, if someone is ignoring another member, they should not have the option of PMing that member.

To me, this is flame baiting in a way, and " could " be very frustrating.

Maybe I do not like to ignore people, so I do not want to put a person ignoring me on ignore.

Anyway, is this possible?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#2    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,817 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

My understanding is that if you are ignoring/on ignore you will not be able to send/receive messages from them. Saru can verify that though

"You cannot pass," he said. … "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

#3    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,384 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

There are two types of ignore, one for PMs and one for posts.

If someone places your posts on ignore they can still send you PMs however you have the option to block them from doing so.

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,845 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

I think its normal not to get along or agree with everyone on forums or they wouldn't have the ignore option.  I don't have anyone on ignore, never have anywhere.  No one has ever given me a real hard time of it either.  I'm not talking about just disagreeing with me, that fine, I'm talking about personal attacks.

#5    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,063 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostSaru, on 27 August 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

There are two types of ignore, one for PMs and one for posts.

If someone places your posts on ignore they can still send you PMs however you have the option to block them from doing so.

*Snip*

I was PM'd, but could not answer the PM because they have me on ignore......Kind of a " prank call " without having caller ID I guess.

Edited by Karlis, 27 August 2012 - 08:43 PM.
Deleted remark concerning me

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users