Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Favourite Fighters

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#91    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

mymain argument for jones being just asgood of a fighter without his reach is herePosted Image (no reach was used in the making of this asswhoop)

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#92    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 2,510 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

in my top ten favourite moments in mma of all time, ninja did not give a **** about what he had to say he smiled like the killer he was and ended a life that day.

Posted Image

kid yamamoto ... damn really wish he never smashed his knees up fantastic wrestler with incredible power jose aldo took some pointers ;)

Posted Image

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

#93    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:58 AM

Posted Image he wants his belt back(idk if he is going to get it tho JDS is  beast in a mans body)

#94    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• 1,371 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 01 September 2012 - 02:31 AM, said:

a slow GSP would still be pretty bada$$, and jon jones without a big reach would still be bada$$ and silva s always pretty bada$$.

View Postnotoverrated, on 01 September 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

mymain argument for jones being just asgood of a fighter without his reach is herePosted Image (no reach was used in the making of this asswhoop)

Yes, in spite of whatever physical specialty they have as an advantage, they're still good fighters. You don't get to perform on the biggest stage in the sport if you're a can (unless your name is Kimbo). I think Grant Hill put it best when he said (of the NBA), "When you get to this level, EVERYBODY can do something amazing."

That physical advantage just takes their skill and amps it up a notch in terms of effectiveness. For dominant champions, like I said, they've all got some intrinsic physical advantage they can fall back on if skill isn't carrying the day. Besides that, the dominant champs aren't limited to a single physical advantage. Compared to his opponents, GSP is almost always faster AND bigger. Ditto Jones. Silva is bigger and and was blessed with hands and feet that hit like bombs - something else I've always believed you were either born with or not. Look at it this way, Mayhem Miller and Hendo are about the same size. Which would you rather be punched in the face by?

Anyway, a fighter can become champ and defend on pure skill (I'm looking at you, Edgar), but will win a bunch of close fights as opposed to dominating if he also doesn't have that athletic advantage.

View Postnotoverrated, on 01 September 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

Posted Image he wants his belt back(idk if he is going to get it tho JDS is  beast in a mans body)

I'm looking forward to that rematch. Sure, the first fight was a decisive win, but when you're talking a fight (especially with heavyweights) anyone can get caught.

I feel like the UFC heavyweight division right now is comprised of a bunch of middling talent or aging greats and a bunch of young guys who haven't matured into their games yet - oh, and JDS and Cain...

Edited by sam12six, 01 September 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#95    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

View Postsam12six, on 01 September 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

Yes, in spite of whatever physical specialty they have as an advantage, they're still good fighters. You don't get to perform on the biggest stage in the sport if you're a can (unless your name is Kimbo). I think Grant Hill put it best when he said (of the NBA), "When you get to this level, EVERYBODY can do something amazing."

That physical advantage just takes their skill and amps it up a notch in terms of effectiveness. For dominant champions, like I said, they've all got some intrinsic physical advantage they can fall back on if skill isn't carrying the day. Besides that, the dominant champs aren't limited to a single physical advantage. Compared to his opponents, GSP is almost always faster AND bigger. Ditto Jones. Silva is bigger and and was blessed with hands and feet that hit like bombs - something else I've always believed you were either born with or not. Look at it this way, Mayhem Miller and Hendo are about the same size. Which would you rather be punched in the face by?

Anyway, a fighter can become champ and defend on pure skill (I'm looking at you, Edgar), but will win a bunch of close fights as opposed to dominating if he also doesn't have that athletic advantage.

ya i agree with you im just saying people make a big deal about what one fighter has another fighter doesn't, and it get annoying and i just want to say well guess wat life inst fair not everyone can be 6'6 with huge muscles an reflexes of a cat some guys got it others dont work with wat you got. (not directed at you)

I'm looking forward to that rematch. Sure, the first fight was a decisive win, but when you're talking a fight (especially with heavyweights) anyone can get caught.

I feel like the UFC heavyweight division right now is comprised of a bunch of middling talent or aging greats and a bunch of young guys who haven't matured into their games yet - oh, and JDS and Cain...

Edited by notoverrated, 01 September 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#96    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

View Postsam12six, on 01 September 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

ya i want to watch tth fight to im hoping cain wins but if JDS wins i wont be mad JDS is an awesome fighter.

#97    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,534 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

#98    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostEldorado, on 01 September 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

his beard looks fake.

#99    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 2,510 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Iron_Lotus, 01 September 2012 - 03:03 PM.

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

#100    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,534 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

Those wee flyweights can pack a punch, btw.  :)

Edited by Eldorado, 01 September 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#101    Dash--

Dash--

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

• I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Gomi .Man,he was the king of Bushido(Pride) back in the day.

As a side note.I own every Pride and Pride(bushido)made.I own about the 1st 90 UFC's.Have to count the King Of The Cage Dvd's I have.And probably over 100 other minor events.Superbrawl,Gladiator Challenges,MXE,yada,yada.
Also have Vhs tapes of boxing(from since Tyson took the belt at 18 or 19) and from the good ol' tuesday night fights(anyone remember?).Some Gracie challenges from the early 80's(not Ufc related).Some real brutal russian cage matches.Countless others.
Love the combat sports.lol

Wisdom is not a product of schooling,but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.
A.Einstein

We live in a sunlit world of what we believe to be reality,but...

#102    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

gomi seems to want to get a title shot...... i just dont see it happening.

#103    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 2,510 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:04 AM

#104    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

love the song that goes with it.

#105    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

lyoto always reminded me of a mongoose

Edited by notoverrated, 02 September 2012 - 06:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users