Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man dressed as Sasquatch hit and killed

sasquatch bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,274 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

Sadly, this was bound to happen....pretending to be a 'monster' is inherently dangerous.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#17    Wyverna

Wyverna

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

• "No, I'm not a dragon slayer. I'm a dragon SAVIOR. See the difference?"

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

Now, I feel sorry for this guy and he didn't deserve to die, but I cannot even begin to understand why this guy would run around a road at night in a giant suit.

Posted Image

“But it is one thing to read about dragons and another to meet them.”
--Ursula K. Le Guin, A Wizard of Earthsea

#18    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,459 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 28 August 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

Sakari?  That wasn't you right?

I was waiting for that :)

Nope, I would not do that...Not only me getting hit, making someone swerve and hit a tree at 55 mph would not make me feel good...

Still have the costume though :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#19    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

During the late 80's and early 90's a "werewolf" was making annual appearances in Elkhorn, Wisconsin. It would be standing by the side of the road. After one or two drivers would pass by it, it would flee into the bushes. There were never more than two reports every year but it went on for years. I've always suspected that this was some local guy who had designed a very convincing werewolf costume for himself and carefully staged his few appearances to generate very detailed and convincing reports but minimize his chance of getting caught, shot or run over.

Come on, it would be fun! Just imagine the expression on the driver's face as you look up at the car just before they pass and see a human with a dog's face! Add some glowing or reflective yellow eyes to really get their attention. Even better, tie a string that pulls the lips back to expose bloody fangs (like they did for the ape costumes in 2001: A Space Odyssey). Once you're sure you've made an impression, run into the bushes back to your warm truck and check the local paper the next day.

#20    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,964 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

Yeah, sounds like a blast.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#21    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,459 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

View Postscowl, on 28 August 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

During the late 80's and early 90's a "werewolf" was making annual appearances in Elkhorn, Wisconsin. It would be standing by the side of the road. After one or two drivers would pass by it, it would flee into the bushes. There were never more than two reports every year but it went on for years. I've always suspected that this was some local guy who had designed a very convincing werewolf costume for himself and carefully staged his few appearances to generate very detailed and convincing reports but minimize his chance of getting caught, shot or run over.

Come on, it would be fun! Just imagine the expression on the driver's face as you look up at the car just before they pass and see a human with a dog's face! Add some glowing or reflective yellow eyes to really get their attention. Even better, tie a string that pulls the lips back to expose bloody fangs (like they did for the ape costumes in 2001: A Space Odyssey). Once you're sure you've made an impression, run into the bushes back to your warm truck and check the local paper the next day.

I did it, and may more with a Bigfoot costume....Not on highway 101, but near State Park camp grounds.....Cape Blanco lighthouse to be exact....

3 times, and not one report anywhere....I

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#22    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,276 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

View Postscowl, on 28 August 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

Bray Road beast, yes? That area has a lot of werewolf stories, Bray Road is just particularly famous. I'm not sure how much is hoaxing, the stories have been around since at least the 30's in the general area. I'm more inclined to believe misinterpreted animal sightings, possible hysteria, particularly media stirred variety, and a lot of second hand tales being passed around.

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#23    Hugo Stiglitz

Hugo Stiglitz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

• Man of The People

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

sad things happen to people when they do stupid things!

"If you want to walk the Streets of Gold,you got to know the password, ROLL TIDE ROLL."
Paul "BEAR"Bryant

#24    andy hair candy

andy hair candy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

• slowly slipping away...

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

unlucky.

#25    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,811 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

What a sad story for all involved.

I have often wondered how many sightings of BF from travelling cars may have similar backgrounds to this incident.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#26    dangit12

dangit12

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• if you like it then do it
    -mick(dangit12) :)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

what a idiot. but also a bit sad

#27    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

This is tragic in more ways then one.

#28    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,995 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

I hate it that he was killed but anyone that dresses up like bigfoot trying to pull a hoax is asking for trouble.  What a dumb thing to do and those teenagers are going to have to live with that the rest of their lives.

#29    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,888 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 28 August 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

Sakari?  That wasn't you right?
That is the first thing that popped iinto my head too. I had to read the thread to find out.

View PostSakari, on 28 August 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

I did it, and may more with a Bigfoot costume....Not on highway 101, but near State Park camp grounds.....Cape Blanco lighthouse to be exact....

3 times, and not one report anywhere....I
Don't worry Sakari. If the BFRO reports are any indication, the witnesses will wait, 5 to 40 years before reporting it. :tsu:

Are you sure someone saw you?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#30    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

Ouch...

Also tagged with sasquatch, bigfoot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users