Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

More NASA UFO's?

ufo nasa

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

Poll: Are these UFO's? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

1. Yes (22 votes [43.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.14%

2. No (29 votes [56.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    Alisdair.MacDonald

Alisdair.MacDonald

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:53 AM

Pretty straightforward.

#2    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

Doesn't look like any "NASA video" that I ever saw, and I've seen just about all of the ones that were supposed to be UFOs.  Don't get me wrong, I think just about everyone who ever flew in space has seen UFOs, but this doesn't look like the real McCoy to me. Hell, it doesn't even look like earth.

I recommend the Jeff Challender videos from the space shuttle missions, which show a number of UFOs, no matter whether some of them might be ours or theirs.

#3    Alisdair.MacDonald

Alisdair.MacDonald

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 29 August 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

Doesn't look like any "NASA video" that I ever saw, and I've seen just about all of the ones that were supposed to be UFOs.  Don't get me wrong, I think just about everyone who ever flew in space has seen UFOs, but this doesn't look like the real McCoy to me. Hell, it doesn't even look like earth.

I recommend the Jeff Challender videos from the space shuttle missions, which show a number of UFOs, no matter whether some of them might be ours or theirs.

I thought it looked odd. I can only go by the title of the video on this. My first impression was something from the rover missions. They have actually caught strange things in the sky already. I'm not going to jump to conclusions and say they are UFO's however there definitely is something flying around on Mars.

#4    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

View PostMider, on 29 August 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

I thought it looked odd. I can only go by the title of the video on this. My first impression was something from the rover missions. They have actually caught strange things in the sky already. I'm not going to jump to conclusions and say they are UFO's however there definitely is something flying around on Mars.

It looks like a computer animation to me, but I'm no expert--and I think that UFOs and aliens are all over the place and have been throughout recorded history.  Hell, I don't even think we're running the show on this planet, even if we imagine that we are, but that doesn't mean I think every UFO claim is the real thing.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 29 August 2012 - 06:37 AM.

#5    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,231 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 29 August 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

I agree. Also it's too bad Jeff passed on just before he would have got to see the last of the Shuttle Missions! He had serious health problems but despite them he was passionate about documenting anomalies in NASA video and I know he wanted to see these last Flights but unfortunately did not get to do so.

Here is a link to Jeff's "Project P.R.O.V.E".  http://keyholepublis...ve/index-2.html

And I have to say thanks to Richard Dolan for saving Jeff's site for all of us as he explains the details here.  http://keyholepublis...ender_Page.html

Edited by lost_shaman, 29 August 2012 - 06:48 AM.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#6    Alisdair.MacDonald

Alisdair.MacDonald

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 29 August 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

It looks like a computer animation to me, but I'm not expert--and I think that UFOs and aliens are all over the place and have been throughout recorded history.  Hell, I don't even think we're running the show on this planet, even if we imagine that we are, but that doesn't mean I think every UFO claim is the real thing.

At a certain point i think a person either believes or they don't. That dictates whether or not you see a piece of evidence and either try to validate it, or invalidate it.
Someone who has their mind made up already is not going to waste time trying to convince themselves otherwise. Whereas someone who does believe, yet is skeptical..has a reason to pursue further information. That is why I think  100% skepticism is fruitless. That is why I never try to immediately dismiss something out of hand.

#7    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:40 AM

View PostMider, on 29 August 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

At a certain point i think a person either believes or they don't. That dictates whether or not you see a piece of evidence and either try to validate it, or invalidate it.
Someone who has their mind made up already is not going to waste time trying to convince themselves otherwise. Whereas someone who does believe, yet is skeptical..has a reason to pursue further information. That is why I think  100% skepticism is fruitless. That is why I never try to immediately dismiss something out of hand.

You'll never get any 100% skepticism from me--far from it--I know better.  You're pretty new around here and haven't yet seen the real skeptic/debunker types who think none of it is real.  They're wrong, of course, but they would always like to jump all over things like this.

#8    Alisdair.MacDonald

Alisdair.MacDonald

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 29 August 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

You'll never get any 100% skepticism from me--far from it--I know better.  You're pretty new around here and haven't yet seen the real skeptic/debunker types who think none of it is real.  They're wrong, of course, but they would always like to jump all over things like this.

Hah. I may be new here, but I am not new to...*edited...skeptics.

:innocent:

:yes:

Edited by Mider, 29 August 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#9    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:10 AM

This video was taken by the crew of Expedition 31 on board the International Space Station. The sequence of shots was taken from June 24, 2012 from 07:09:03 to 07:13:12 GMT, on a pass from the South Atlantic Ocean, east of southern South America and north of the Falkland Islands, east over the South Atlantic Ocean. This video primarily focuses on the star field and the Milky Way (near the center of the star field) as the ISS travels over the South Atlantic Ocean. Some city lights can be seen, as well as the airglow surrounding the Earth's limb.

http://eol.jsc.nasa....rvationsVideos/

#10    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

that is pretty cool. UFO? yes i have no idea how to identify it. aliens? maybe who knows, there is a possibility .

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#11    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,826 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

Well, it looks pretty cool, but without (as is often the case) any context as to where or when it may have been filmed or where it was filmed from, it's not really very easy to make any assessment one way or the other, really.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#12    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

I think the general vertical movement is caused by the Space Station orbiting the Earth: what you see is stars.

The few horizontallish (or in an angle) moving objects could be satelltes.

Edited by Abramelin, 29 August 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#13    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

View Post747400, on 29 August 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Well, it looks pretty cool, but without (as is often the case) any context as to where or when it may have been filmed or where it was filmed from, it's not really very easy to make any assessment one way or the other, really.

Well, read again:

This video was taken by the crew of Expedition 31 on board the International Space Station. The sequence of shots was taken from June 24, 2012 from 07:09:03 to 07:13:12 GMT, on a pass from the South Atlantic Ocean, east of southern South America and north of the Falkland Islands, east over the South Atlantic Ocean. This video primarily focuses on the star field and the Milky Way (near the center of the star field) as the ISS travels over the South Atlantic Ocean. Some city lights can be seen, as well as the airglow surrounding the Earth's limb.

#14    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostMider, on 29 August 2012 - 07:09 AM, said:

Hah. I may be new here, but I am not new to...*edited...skeptics.

:innocent:

:yes:

I am a skeptic and I find your broad brush statement unwarranted and unfair. I see nothing wrong with critical thinking, and learning what facts fit a picture. I am just not the sort of person who finds imagination as satisfying as fact. To me ET on earth to explain that which we do not understand is just another Greek God until he lands. The way ET is shoehorned into most cases is rather shameful IMHO. However I do love space with all passion, and I enjoy the concept of alien life, even Professor Hawking does. I do not see anything wrong with that at all. If I have a belief, it is that all things can be explained with enough time, effort and information. What I do not like is snake oil salesmen with very tall tales, and one is sticking ones head in the sand if one was to say that UFOlogy is not bulging at the sides with such. I would like tomorrow to be the day we find other life, but I do not think ET will be flying across space in one of those little flying saucers and I do not think initial contact will be personal. Between language barriers and quarantine, it would be nothing short of Russian Roulette to do so.

Edited by psyche101, 29 August 2012 - 09:25 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#15    Alisdair.MacDonald

Alisdair.MacDonald

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 29 August 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

I am a skeptic and I find your broad brush statement unwarranted and unfair. I see nothing wrong with critical thinking, and learning what facts fit a picture. I am just not the sort of person who finds imagination as satisfying as fact. To me ET on earth to explain that which we do not understand is just another Greek God until he lands. The way ET is shoehorned into most cases is rather shameful IMHO. However I do love space with all passion, and I enjoy the concept of alien life, even Professor Hawking does. I do not see anything wrong with that at all. If I have a belief, it is that all things can be explained with enough time, effort and information. What I do not like is snake oil salesmen with very tall tales, and one is sticking ones head in the sand if one was to say that UFOlogy is not bulging at the sides with such. I would like tomorrow to be the day we find other life, but I do not think ET will be flying across space in one of those little flying saucers and I do not think initial contact will be personal. Between language barriers and quarantine, it would be nothing short of Russian Roulette to do so.

I think you are too easily offended. Lighten up some, and appreciate levity for what it is.

I don't feed trolls.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users