Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

More NASA UFO's?

ufo nasa

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

Poll: Are these UFO's? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

1. Yes (22 votes [43.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.14%

2. No (29 votes [56.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#106    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

View Postzoser, on 27 October 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

It's pretty clear what he saw:

...  Here is what he saw in 1979:

Are you sure about the date? Maybe somebody just made it up at random and figured viewers like you would never know the difference. Were they right in their assessment of your intellectual skills?

#107    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,387 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

View Postzoser, on 27 October 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

[...]
Unfortunately the only testimony from the man himself is not in English.  The above looks like a segment of the transcript.  Here is what he saw in 1979:
[...]
With his first flight in Dec 2, 1990, seeing UFO in 1979 while in orbit makes sense.
Here is his interview (in Russian), where he says 40 cm again.
Worth to note that "he is not completely sure, if americans landed on the Moon, after reading material on the internet". Guess astronauts (cosmonauts) can be credulous as well.

Edit to add: I would not be surprised if Bill McDonald simply made up that "UFO picture", and not from Afanasyev's words.

Edited by bmk1245, 27 October 2012 - 07:23 PM.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

#108    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,625 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Jim its like this theres people in here that there wheels on there buss go round and round & then theres the ones that are just not getting it !
ANd then theres the ones that just read ,wait think,and then move on to Plan -B
Keep up the good work ! :clap:

This is a Work in Progress!

#109    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 27 October 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

With his first flight in Dec 2, 1990, seeing UFO in 1979 while in orbit makes sense.
Here is his interview (in Russian), where he says 40 cm again.
Worth to note that "he is not completely sure, if americans landed on the Moon, after reading material on the internet". Guess astronauts (cosmonauts) can be credulous as well.

Edit to add: I would not be surprised if Bill McDonald simply made up that "UFO picture", and not from Afanasyev's words.

Now your behaving like a true skeptic by resorting to condescension.  Loosing the argument and now that's the only strategy left.  I've made all the points I intend to and I have no intention of trying to argue with someone who continually accuses trained people of lying or hallucinating.

The evidence is absolutely overwhelming that astronauts and cosmonauts have in the past and still do see craft not of our own.  Only an idiot would call these people liers

Edited by zoser, 27 October 2012 - 08:01 PM.

Posted Image

#110    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 27 October 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

Jim its like this theres people in here that there wheels on there buss go round and round & then theres the ones that are just not getting it !
ANd then theres the ones that just read ,wait think,and then move on to Plan -B
Keep up the good work ! :clap:

When  Don gives his support that speaks volumes.

Posted Image

#111    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

View Postzoser, on 27 October 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Now your behaving like a true skeptic by resorting to condescension.  Loosing the argument and now that's the only strategy left.  I've made all the points I intend to and I have no intention of trying to argue with someone who continually accuses trained people of lying or hallucinating.

The evidence is absolutely overwhelming that astronauts and cosmonauts have in the past and still do see craft not of our own.  Only an idiot would call these people liers

Wait...  after being shown how and why you were wrong, you declare your own victory in the debate and then exit stage left?

That's hilarious. :w00t:

I tell you zoser, if your goal was to make yourself look like a fool, you have achieved it.  Well done man!  :tu:

#112    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,121 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

View Postzoser, on 27 October 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

:blink:

Seriously, Zoser, what are you spicing up your evening tea with?

You promote a video where it is claimed that Afanasyev saw something in space in 1979 and when bmk correctly points out that Afanasyev's first space flight was in 1990, some 11 years later you find it condescending?! And how is bmk losing the argument?! I would say that it is you that have no argument left, as bmk pretty much pulled that away from under you.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited for typo.

Edited by badeskov, 27 October 2012 - 08:16 PM.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#113    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 27 October 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Wait...  after being shown how and why you were wrong, you declare your own victory in the debate and then exit stage left?

That's hilarious. :w00t:

I tell you zoser, if your goal was to make yourself look like a fool, you have achieved it.  Well done man!  :tu:

No body is leaving yet Boon.  In fact we've only just begun. Just got a few little clips for Jim and the boys to explain.  Care to have a go?

Here's the first:

Posted Image

#114    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

View Postzoser, on 27 October 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

No body is leaving yet Boon.  In fact we've only just begun. Just got a few little clips for Jim and the boys to explain.  Care to have a go?

Here's the first:

Never mind at quibbling over dates.  Try explaining that.  let's see if your fine detailed analysis can pick the bones out of that one.

Posted Image

#115    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Here's another:

I figured that it maybe is a little too easy just to call people liars so I thought I would try a different approach.

Edited by zoser, 27 October 2012 - 08:26 PM.

Posted Image

#116    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 27 October 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

:blink:

Seriously, Zoser, what are you spicing up your evening tea with?

You promote a video where it is claimed that Afanasyev saw something in space in 1979 and when bmk correctly points out that Afanasyev's first space flight was in 1990, some 11 years later you find it condescending?! And how is bmk losing the argument?! I would say that it is you that have no argument left, as bmk pretty much pulled that away from under you.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited for typo.

Are we talking about the same guy?  I never promoted a video for the simple reason that it was not in English.  If you had kept up with the thread you would have picked that up.  Please take the trouble to read the posts carefully.  Now is it the same Cosmonaut or not?

Posted Image

#117    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,121 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

View Postzoser, on 27 October 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

Here's the first:

<snipped video>

That has been the topic of discussion numerous times here, and it is still the same: RCS thruster firing and an ice particle (or some such) is caught in it. You can even see the flash when it fires.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#118    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,121 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

View Postzoser, on 27 October 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

Are we talking about the same guy?  I never promoted a video for the simple reason that it was not in English.  If you had kept up with the thread you would have picked that up.  Please take the trouble to read the posts carefully.  Now is it the same Cosmonaut or not?

I apologize, that was clumsily formulated by me. You promoted a transcript of a video, or rather, a short excerpt thereof. That does not, however, change the fact that you promoted something that was demonstrably wrong and then you go on to claim victory when that is shown to you. Seriously? And I do follow this thread in all it's misery.

Cheers,
Badeskov

#119    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 27 October 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

I apologize, that was clumsily formulated by me. You promoted a transcript of a video, or rather, a short excerpt thereof. That does not, however, change the fact that you promoted something that was demonstrably wrong and then you go on to claim victory when that is shown to you. Seriously? And I do follow this thread in all it's misery.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Here's another.  

The piece de resistance.  It's an amazing that we have the benefit of this technology and that our brothers at NASA are willing to share it with us all.   Do you agree?

Posted Image

#120    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 27 October 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

That has been the topic of discussion numerous times here, and it is still the same: RCS thruster firing and an ice particle (or some such) is caught in it. You can even see the flash when it fires.

Cheers,
Badeskov

What an absolute joke.  :w00t:

Edited by zoser, 27 October 2012 - 09:07 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users