Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More NASA UFO's?

Alisdair.MacDonald

Are these UFO's?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

There's another one here from Apollo 16.

apollo-16-ufo_112.jpg

Mission Apollo 16 on the Moon, 1972, dates: April 16-27. Astronaut Charles Duke photographed collecting lunar samples at Station 1. No explanation has been given for the object seen behind the astronaut.

http://www.ufoera.com/articles/are-the-crop-circle-hoaxers-disinformers-british-planetary-soc_1190310694.html

• Like 1

that isn't real....

UFOart.jpg

Yes, that's what I've heard, that he was using a screen saver from Star Trek or something.

This isn't an anomaly, but it is an interesting choice for a screen-saver.

Astronaut Jeffrey N. Williams, Expedition 13 NASA space station science officer and flight engineer, uses a computer in the Destiny laboratory of the International Space Station.

http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&hl=en&tbo=d&biw=1280&bih=685&tbm=isch&tbnid=jpobkxye0v5aaM:&imgrefurl=http://www.theblackvault.com/phpBB3/willease-space-anomalies-t6372-490.html&docid=tE1gMgE7iBVcUM&imgurl=http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i279/willease/Willease%252520Space%252520Anomalies/ufos_00.jpg&w=640&h=480&ei=7jOpUNG_G4bs9AT4z4CgCw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=174&vpy=380&dur=2651&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=187&ty=166&sig=114704889851551226570&page=1&tbnh=136&tbnw=179&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0,i:113

This one from Apollo 16 calls them "uncropped photo lights", but like the Apollo 14 lights they appear to be distant objects.

apollo16twolights26july02at2am.jpg

Blue UFO anomalies imaged on the Moon during Apollo 16 of

Astronaut John Young. AS16-113-18339 120:25:42 (OF300)

John Young jumps off the ground and salutes for this superb tourist picture. He is off the ground about 1.45 seconds which, in the lunar gravity field, means that he launched himself at a velocity of about 1.17 m/s and reached a maximum height of 0.42 m. Although the suit and backpack weigh as much as he does, his total weight is only about 65 pounds (30 kg) and, to get this height, he only had to bend his knees slightly and then push up with his legs. In the background, we can see the UV astronomy camera, the flag, the LM, the Rover with the TV camera watching John, and Stone Mountain. Journal Contributor Joe Cannaday notes that high-point of John’s first jump was at a time close to 120:25:49 and the second was almost exactly three seconds later. Some uncropped photos show lights at the top. http://history.nasa.gov

Thanks to Will Allen http://www.ufodc.com/

http://www.google.co...29,r:5,s:0,i:86

They're obviously studio lights that they forgot to crop out when it was filmed in a studio in Hollywood, of course.

setting aside the blue lights (or lack of them) for a minute....we seem to have a shadow problem?

Ie. where is the shadow from the astronaut? And if you use the magnifier on this one that mcrom posted

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a16/AS16-113-18339HR.jpg

the way the boots meet the ground isn't right...and again lack of shadow.

Just thought I'd mention it....as the whole subject of shadow malfunctions and wrong directions of shadows

is a bit of a big subject with the Apollo images....so no need to get side-tracked onto it.

setting aside the blue lights (or lack of them) for a minute....we seem to have a shadow problem?

Ie. where is the shadow from the astronaut? And if you use the magnifier on this one that mcrom posted

Just thought I'd mention it....as the whole subject of shadow malfunctions and wrong directions of shadows

is a bit of a big subject with the Apollo images....so no need to get side-tracked onto it.

Dear god, please, yes, let's leave that in C & SS where it belongs.

The

boots

do

NOT

"meet

the

ground."

Slap yourself around the face three times,

get a grip, and come back to us a better person.

They're obviously studio lights that they forgot to crop out when it was filmed in a studio in Hollywood, of course.

Oberg should be glad that I'm not one of those who imagines that the moon landings were all fake. I just think that NASA has always been covering up anything to do with ETs and UFOs.

Oberg should be glad that I'm not one of those who imagines that the moon landings were all fake. I just think that NASA has always been covering up anything to do with ETs and UFOs.

That's pretty obvious.

It's also pretty obvious that you're smart enough to be not really confident about ANY of the stories you've heard, as evidenced by how promptly you run away from every single story, when asked for real evidence or analysis, and throw up a blizzard of new stories, each one soon to be likewise abandoned the instant it's challenged.

Also very telling is the effort you make to keep your eyes and mind closed to contrary arguments, and how this betrays some lingering [and well deserved] doubt deep in your soul that you might be seduced by the arguments, if you ever actually read them or tried to understand them. A wise strategy, considering how flimsy all the evidence you've thrown up so far has turned out to be.

John Schuessler worked at NASA for many years, and said that the first UFO reports he knew about were from Gemini IV. He also said that some of the UFO pictures had been altered or just gone "missing." With Gemini IV, for example, the UFO pictures that NASA released were not the ones that the astronauts took.

John Schuessler is a Denver area resident and retired aerospace engineer from Lockheed Martin. He worked at NASA on nearly every manned U.S. space flight since its inception. In a March 19, 2008 lecture in Lakewood, CO, Schuessler talked about seeing an unfamiliar photo from one of the Apollo moon landings. Schuessler said:

“I went to a conference in Canada, in Toronto. I think it was [19]82. A guy came up to me and said ‘I’ve got this NASA photo. Do you recognize this?’ And it was an Apollo shot. And it was an official lithograph that they release. I’ve got hundreds of these lithographs.

I didn’t have that one. And they are all numbered. They have a photograph number on them and on the back of them is printed the information about what it is. This photograph had a UFO in the background.

So as soon as I got back to Houston I went to the photo lab and told them I’d like to look at the Apollo photos. And we’re old friends you know, so they said ‘sure here’s the rack of them.’

So I went down through the rack of the Apollo photos and the numbers sequentially. And I got to a series of numbers, that this one was in the middle of, and there were no photos. They were all missing. And I said ‘well where are these photos?’ He said, ‘well it’s like all these others, the film was bad.’ And I had seen the thing first hand with the NASA printing on it so I know it came out. But it was withdrawn.”

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.examiner.com%2Farticle%2Fwhistleblowers-evidence-of-nasa-ufo-fraud-might-kill-uk-hacker-case&ei=kE6pUKraAYja9AT6oIDoDQ&usg=AFQjCNFK6c1KpoxlLzAmhL-WfeZ3kAlQ3Q&sig2=Yef3nxUfNrZIeiJwFYwMVg

UFO Hunters had a show about NASA's UFO cover up, with all the altered and airbrushed pictures, etc, etc.

You do realize that these shows are designed to sell advertisments to companies that just LOVE to have access to an audience that is self-selected to be non-critical-thinking, gullible and willing to swallow ANYTHING. What better targets for exploitative commercial messages?

Dear god, please, yes, let's leave that in C & SS where it belongs.

ok....

except for one little (vertical) post...

The

boots

do

NOT

"meet

the

ground."

Slap yourself around the face three times,

get a grip, and come back to us a better person.

ok

so

he's

jumping.

I have

just done

a little

experiment

with a torch

and a pencil

and

I will

give

you

that

one

:D

(but ONLY that one regarding the jumping astronaut)

• Like 1

That's pretty obvious.

It's also pretty obvious that you're smart enough to be not really confident about ANY of the stories you've heard, as evidenced by how promptly you run away from every single story, when asked for real evidence or analysis, and throw up a blizzard of new stories, each one soon to be likewise abandoned the instant it's challenged.

Also very telling is the effort you make to keep your eyes and mind closed to contrary arguments, and how this betrays some lingering [and well deserved] doubt deep in your soul that you might be seduced by the arguments, if you ever actually read them or tried to understand them. A wise strategy, considering how flimsy all the evidence you've thrown up so far has turned out to be.

I haven't run away from anything. There are a bunch of NASA UFO sightings I posted on here starting with Gemini IV, Gemini VII, Apollo 7, Apollo 14 and the Skylab pictures that have never been explained.

No, I'm not he one who is trying to cover up things.

I certainly don't claim that I can explain all these pictures and films, but I just keep posting them so that people can make up their own minds about what's going on.

John Schuessler worked at NASA for many years, and said that the first UFO reports he knew about were from Gemini IV. He also said that some of the UFO pictures had been altered or just gone "missing." With Gemini IV, for example, the UFO pictures that NASA released were not the ones that the astronauts took.

I know John well, we worked together at McDonnell Douglas during Mission Control support.

Too bad, to go along with this story, nobody actually has any photographs that allege to be the ones that this thrid-hand report CLAIMS Schuessler was talking about.

So all we have as another internet story about a guy who was told by a guy who was shown by a guy who had a neighbor who thought X, which i guess is proof that 'X' is real.

I've asked John directly for the photo numbers involved. He claims to have lost them.

By the way, the astronauts [plural] on Gemini-IV did not take UFO photos, ONE astronaut fired off several cameras at an object [the other was asleep], and later went through all the flight film and was satisfied the shots didn't come out. You misspoke.

You do realize that these shows are designed to sell advertisments to companies that just LOVE to have access to an audience that is self-selected to be non-critical-thinking, gullible and willing to swallow ANYTHING. What better targets for exploitative commercial messages?

Just because they have witnesses who do not agree with the Oberg viewpoint does not make them nonsense or bogus. You could say that about absolutely every TV program, that it's sponsors are trying to attract an audience. They have been doing that since the days of Ralph and Alice Kramden on The Honeymooners.

the-honeymooners_l.jpg

http://www.hq.nasa.g...113-18339HR.jpg

That astronaut is quite clearly not standing on the ground, but has been photographed after jumping up in the air.

The shadow is thus offset to the right.

Edited by Archimedes

I know John well, we worked together at McDonnell Douglas during Mission Control support.

Too bad, to go along with this story, nobody actually has any photographs that allege to be the ones that this thrid-hand report CLAIMS Schuessler was talking about.

By the way, the astronauts [plural] on Gemini-IV did not take UFO photos, ONE astronaut fired off several cameras at an object [the other was asleep], and later went through all the flight film and was satisfied the shots didn't come out. You misspoke.

Too bad that Schuessler also worked for NASA for decades and tells a very different story than you do. He's not the only one, either, not by a long shot.

I already posted many things about Gemini IV, way, way back in the thread somewhere

That astronaut is quite clearly not standing on the ground, but has been photographed after jumping up in the air.

The shadow is thus offset to the right.

yes...I got a bit carried away with that jumping astronaut....but there was no need for Jim Oberg to be so nasty about it.... <_<

• Like 1