There is an abundance of hustlers, cheats, and conmen associated with UFO's, conspiracy theories, and black-ops myths.
And when I say abundance, I mean that the vast majority of them are lying just to make cash.
They are even permitted to publish their books as "non-fiction".
As long as the subject is dominated by twits like this perpetuating and creating falsehoods, we will never be able to determine the truth in anything.
Just take a look at the Hoagland video I submitted a few posts back. He claims there are huge structures built within the rings of Saturn. He even says that due to the low gravity environment, "they could be built using spaghetti".
And the audience sits there silently taking it all in as facts.
It makes me sick.
I think that most of the people who buy into this obvious nonsense have a fantasy prone personality.
Wilson and Barber also put forth 14 characteristics in their 1981 study. They require having six or more of these traits to be characterised as "fantasy prone." These are:
- excellent hypnotic subject
- having imaginary friends as child
- fantasizing often as child
- having an actual fantasy identity
- experiencing imagined sensations as real
- having vivid sensory perceptions
- reliving past experiences
- claiming psychic powers
- having out-of-body experiences
- receiving information from higher powers, spirits, intelligences
- involved in "healing"
- encountered apparitions
- hypnogogic hallucinations (waking dreams)
- seeing hypnogogic hallucinations (ghosts, aliens, etc.)
Subsequent studies have recorded additional potential features:
- claiming to have been abducted by aliens
- believes they can receive sexual satisfaction without any stimulation
- believes they have mystical healing and can do great things