Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

More NASA UFO's?

ufo nasa

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

Poll: Are these UFO's? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

1. Yes (22 votes [43.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.14%

2. No (29 votes [56.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,360 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

View PostFuthalero, on 30 August 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

I believe the first video posted on this topic is two geostationary satelites.

First, the videos always show the suposed UFOs right before sunrise, wich is the perfect time to see artificial satelites, because from your point of view, the sun is still below the horizon, but to the satelite, the sun is already shining (and the light is being reflected to your eyes, thus making then apear as points of light).

Also, the video is speed up, so it's hard to determinate it's real distance or velocity. But, being so close to each other reminds me of ESA SYLDA's dual payload technique, used in Ariane 5 launch to put two satelites in geostationary orbit. Once the payload is in geostationary orbit, the satelites are released in oposite directions (never prograde or retrograde because that would change the orbit). This results in the satelites being apparently close to each other as you can see in this picture:

<snipped image>

Very good points, thanks for posting Futhalero.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#47    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,360 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

View Postquillius, on 30 August 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Hello Badeskov,

I suppose one could argue that the fact that satellites/ice/debris etc are observed all the time then the chances that if it WAS one of the mentioned then it would have been identified by now :)

Therefore the chances are it isnt as suggested  :whistle:

Hey quillius,

I don't see why that should be the case, to be honest. There are many thousand satellites in orbit and add to that all the debris, such as spent rocket stages and the like, which gives you a lot to actually see when the light and reflectivity is right. If something wasn't at a range where it posed a danger, why go through the trouble of trying to identify it unless it was truly spectacular? And this was in my opinion not at all spectacular.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#48    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,042 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 30 August 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

View Postbadeskov, on 30 August 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Hey quillius,

I don't see why that should be the case, to be honest. There are many thousand satellites in orbit and add to that all the debris, such as spent rocket stages and the like, which gives you a lot to actually see when the light and reflectivity is right. If something wasn't at a range where it posed a danger, why go through the trouble of trying to identify it unless it was truly spectacular? And this was in my opinion not at all spectacular.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Are Satellites not tracked in space? I also thought the same for space junk/debris that were over a certain size? how can a it be a small bit of ice/debris OR a satellite? I struggle to see how we can put forward a suggestion that includes debris/ice and satellites in the same sentence when the size differences are quite different are they not?

Is it not similar to saying its either a tincan or a Lorry or maybe a raindrop that I can see??

#49    starchild1976

starchild1976

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• Truth is stranger than fiction.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

You can learn a lot from an alien. Ask 'em yourselves. "Excuse me, green man from planet slime, are ya or aren't ya planning an invasion?I'd like to know when to take my vacation time."

#50    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,360 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:09 AM

View Postquillius, on 31 August 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

Are Satellites not tracked in space? I also thought the same for space junk/debris that were over a certain size? how can a it be a small bit of ice/debris OR a satellite? I struggle to see how we can put forward a suggestion that includes debris/ice and satellites in the same sentence when the size differences are quite different are they not?

Is it not similar to saying its either a tincan or a Lorry or maybe a raindrop that I can see??

Hi quillius,

Satellites and debris is indeed tracked in space. However, there is a heck of a lot of it and we do not have a specific track. There are more than 8,000 large pieces flitting around in orbit and more than a million being tracked. With a general direction, non-specific, and no distance, the amount of possibles is enormous.

That said, I have downloaded the raw SacCat data and am working on converting it to the Celestia data format for illustration. Unfortunately this is after hours so it is a bit slow :P

Cheers,
Badeskov

#51    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

A lot of the best UFO videos I've seen--not this one, which doesn't look real to me--show objects that are self-propelled and self-luminous, moving at a much faster velocity relative to the space station or the shuttles.  Very often these fast objects are being filmed well below the shuttles or space station, but someones also moving by rapidly as they head out into space.

In my opinion, these are the "real" UFOs, although I have often wondered whether they are ours or "theirs"--or both.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 02 September 2012 - 02:08 AM.

#52    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,775 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

I answered the question ! now wheres my Tee-Shirt ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#53    Alisdair.MacDonald

Alisdair.MacDonald

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 02 September 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

I answered the question ! now wheres my Tee-Shirt ?

Ask Imaginarynumber1 he is in charge of the Tee-Shirt dept. :yes:

#54    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,775 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

Kool !  HEres some we do  in Big-D !
Be there Oct,20th  Forest Lane Reunion ! 1,200 plus rides to See and hear ! A Tradition from the 70`ss

Attached Files

Edited by DONTEATUS, 02 September 2012 - 08:31 PM.

This is a Work in Progress!

#55    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 30 August 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Hey quillius,

Cheers,
Badeskov

My own thinking on this is that crews RARELY see other satellites or 'space debris', they are too far away and moving TOO fast across the sky. Exception -- Iridium flares and occasional 'close' [500-1000 km] passes of bright, large satellites or NOSS triplets. My analysis persuades me that essentially ALL the dots and 'stuff' in the shuttle video is shuttle-generated 'dandruff' of various kinds.

#56    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 26 October 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

My own thinking on this is that crews RARELY see other satellites or 'space debris', they are too far away and moving TOO fast across the sky. Exception -- Iridium flares and occasional 'close' [500-1000 km] passes of bright, large satellites or NOSS triplets. My analysis persuades me that essentially ALL the dots and 'stuff' in the shuttle video is shuttle-generated 'dandruff' of various kinds.

The astronauts testify to the contrary.  Jim you seriously need to do some research and listen to the people themselves and stop clinging to some classic party line.   Nobody really believes it anyway.

Lots of links to other testimonies.

http://www.youtube.c...c.1.XlO27zD5RXU

Edited by zoser, 26 October 2012 - 06:00 PM.

Posted Image

#57    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,831 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 02 September 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

A lot of the best UFO videos I've seen--not this one, which doesn't look real to me--show objects that are self-propelled and self-luminous, moving at a much faster velocity relative to the space station or the shuttles.  Very often these fast objects are being filmed well below the shuttles or space station, but someones also moving by rapidly as they head out into space.

In my opinion, these are the "real" UFOs, although I have often wondered whether they are ours or "theirs"--or both.

"Self-luminous" is YOUR guess, and would require you to show tghey were NOT illuminated by the sun. That would require you to determine the lighting conditions of the time of the sighting, as well as where in the field of view the shuttle's own shadow is lying out, leaving nearby objects dark.

I don't think you've EVER done that for a single case [counter-example welcome] . You're just guessing, guided by the answer you WANT to get. Hopeless.

Ditto your assertion the dots are moving "at a much faster velocity relative to the space station or the shuttles" -- when all you can actually measure is the angular velocity, and for objects close to the camera -- a few meters or so -- even small absolute drift creates a high relative angle rate. Without knowing the actual range to an object you are not justified in claiming an absolute velocity for it -- but that hasn't stopped you, either.

Step back and consider: your 'assumptions' already contain the conclusions you THINK you are 'proving' with real evidence.

As we'd say in Mission Control, a classic 'self-eating watermelon' [Chuck Shaw's phrase].

#58    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,831 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

View Postzoser, on 26 October 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

The astronauts testify to the contrary.  Jim you seriously need to do some research and listen to the people themselves and stop clinging to some classic party line.   Nobody really believes it anyway.

Aldrin is talking about seeing an object associated with his own vehicle's booster rocket. How does that break the pattern I'm suggesting?

Other youtube videos involve vehicles performing rendezvous with, or departing from, the shuttle or the station. I'd classify them as 'associated vehicles', but none appear to be random, independent satellites or debris.

#59    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 26 October 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

Aldrin is talking about seeing an object associated with his own vehicle's booster rocket. How does that break the pattern I'm suggesting?

Other youtube videos involve vehicles performing rendezvous with, or departing from, the shuttle or the station. I'd classify them as 'associated vehicles', but none appear to be random, independent satellites or debris.

JIm

Watch and listen to the material.  Otherwise you are just expounding your own wishful thinking and it's not valid.  They were there; you were not.

Posted Image

#60    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,831 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

View Postzoser, on 26 October 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

...Lots of links to other testimonies.
http://www.youtube.c...c.1.XlO27zD5RXU  

Thanks for the chuckle. I'm the guy who actually HAS talked with the astronauts and flight controllers in Houston.

Your explain-away reality-avoidance semantic trick about me 'clinging to some classic party line" is also a joke since it's my original research -- not the mindless eyes-closed echo chamber of the UFO internet sites -- that's independent, original, and first-hand reality-based. And for the EVA myths, the most dangerous.

You're right to be afraid of it, and to try to discourage newbies to close their minds to it. Be very afraid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users