Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Anger over Australian supermarket 'no Indians

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

I've seen a fair few videos on Youtube on Australians being racist towards English and French people.

I wouldn't be suprised if this was indeed racism when they say "No Indian's or Asian's."

#32    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 10 December 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

I've seen a fair few videos on Youtube on Australians being racist towards English and French people.

I wouldn't be suprised if this was indeed racism when they say "No Indian's or Asian's."
I've seen a fair videos on youtube on British being racist torwards anyone

#33    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 10 December 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

I've seen a fair videos on youtube on British being racist torwards anyone.

*headdesk*

Damn it, Britain.

I apologize: I'm sorry on behalf of any Briton's that are racist to you, or to people in general.

I don't mean to suggest that all Australian's are racist, but seeing the videos I have isn't helping their case in this thread. It goes both ways, but this thread is about Australian's.

#34    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,216 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

There is a degree of enculturated difference though - in the UK "****" is a deeply offensive term, while in Australia it's just shorthand for "Pakistani", most often used in relation to the cricket team ie "it's the Pakis versus the Pom at the Gabba". So offensive it's censored by the UM automatic censor.
We even have potentially offensive terms for other states here, Banana Benders for Queensland, Mexicans for New South Wales, we call the people of Tasmania inbred and so forth.
The words are potentially offensive but the use isn't. Nine times out of eleven.

Edited by Wearer of Hats, 10 December 2012 - 09:36 PM.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users