Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 8 votes

Evolution - really?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
921 replies to this topic

#1    Batfastard

Batfastard

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

Now before I start I am in no way a 'Creationist', but neither do I hold the belief that we evolved from primates.

The evolution theory is now being taught in most schools as accepted fact, and that to me is a tad worrying - where is the evidence?

DNA evidence I hear people shout, now the way I see it Scientists who believe in evolution manipulate the data to support evolution, when in reality, DNA data support the obvious and distinctive categorization of life that is commonly observed in the fossil record and in existing life forms. There is, in fact, a clear demarcation between each created kind (humans, chimps, mice, chickens, dogs, etc.), and there is no blending together or observed transition from one kind of animal to another. All created kinds exhibit a certain amount of genetic variability within their grouping while still maintaining specific genetic boundaries. In other words, one kind does not change into another, either in the fossil record or in observations of living organisms.

Another thing is that surely for the human species to evolve from a primate then this process must have taken millions of years, and there would be varying degrees of intertwining between the species over this long period of time, but as yet scientists cannot show one set of fossilised remains showing this primate/human crossover species, a species that must have lived and evolved over many millions of years.

If we evolved from primates in a single, linear progression, as is claimed by evolutionists the world over, why is it that it would appear that there were a minimum of FOUR seperate hominids all co-existing in Africa approximately 2 million years ago?

Now I am not saying I know what the alternative theory is, but I am just uncomfortable with my children being taught something as fact, when it appears that this is nothing more than guesswork.

#2    Arbenol68

Arbenol68

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

Why did you post this in this section? If your objection to evolutionary theory is based on evidence alone (you didn't mention religion) then why not put it in the science section?

#3    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

View PostBatfastard, on 30 August 2012 - 10:12 AM, said:

Now before I start I am in no way a 'Creationist', but neither do I hold the belief that we evolved from primates.

The evolution theory is now being taught in most schools as accepted fact, and that to me is a tad worrying - where is the evidence?

DNA evidence I hear people shout, now the way I see it Scientists who believe in evolution manipulate the data to support evolution, when in reality, DNA data support the obvious and distinctive categorization of life that is commonly observed in the fossil record and in existing life forms. There is, in fact, a clear demarcation between each created kind (humans, chimps, mice, chickens, dogs, etc.), and there is no blending together or observed transition from one kind of animal to another. All created kinds exhibit a certain amount of genetic variability within their grouping while still maintaining specific genetic boundaries. In other words, one kind does not change into another, either in the fossil record or in observations of living organisms.

Another thing is that surely for the human species to evolve from a primate then this process must have taken millions of years, and there would be varying degrees of intertwining between the species over this long period of time, but as yet scientists cannot show one set of fossilised remains showing this primate/human crossover species, a species that must have lived and evolved over many millions of years.

If we evolved from primates in a single, linear progression, as is claimed by evolutionists the world over, why is it that it would appear that there were a minimum of FOUR seperate hominids all co-existing in Africa approximately 2 million years ago?

Now I am not saying I know what the alternative theory is, but I am just uncomfortable with my children being taught something as fact, when it appears that this is nothing more than guesswork.
It's being taught as fact because it is one.
There are hundreds of studies that make it more than just guesswork.

#4    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

Clearly you need to go back and relearn evolution, because NOTHING you've said above is correct.

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#5    Batfastard

Batfastard

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostThe Mule, on 30 August 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Clearly you need to go back and relearn evolution, because NOTHING you've said above is correct.

Feel free to elaborate

#6    karmakazi

karmakazi

Psychic Spy

• 1,026 posts

• Oh I am a giddy goat!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Fossilization is a rare occurance.  Not everything that has lived has been fossilized because it takes very specific circumstances at point of death for that to happen.   The "missing links" could have fossilized, but more likely they died and decayed.  The vast majority of life that has existed on earth as decayed back to basic elements with no evidence left behind.

Also, we haven't dug up every inch of the earth's surface.  We have cities, roads, lakes, massive parking lots and shopping complexes that have been in place for anywhere from 10 to 50 years.  What could be below metropolitan areas?

When you say it is claimed by "evolutionists" are you talking about the average Joe who talks about evolution or the scientists who study it?  If you're talking about the scientists then you've not understood what they have said.  From a scientific standpoint it makes more sense that there were multiple "types" of hominids because different groups of apes would have evolved differently, and could have done so concurrently.

The end result would have been a combination of the less adaptable strains dying out and the more adaptable suriving and likely intermingling to ultimately become us.  And there is quite a lot of variety in us, still today.

Perhaps if it is taught in schools, the next generation will be better informed and able to discern the difference between the unconfirmed theories about evolution and the processes which have been observed and confirmed.  Lack of knowledge about this is the number one reason people "don't believe" in evolution.

Edited by karmakazi, 30 August 2012 - 10:45 AM.

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln

“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” – Unknown

#7    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

POPULAR

Why bother...first off...we ARE primates, second - you've been given DNA evidence, yet you refuse to believe it.

We did not evolve in a single, linear line (where did you EVER hear that?)...the tree has many branches.

And lastly..there IS no "missing link". There lots of links....nobody's ever gonna find a fossil labeled "MISSING LINK"...there are pleny of what you call "crossover" species. You're looking for one to fill the gap between ape and man. Doesnt work that way. WE DID NOT EVOLVE FROM APES. Common ancestor. Go back to school.

Posted Image

#8    Batfastard

Batfastard

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostThe Mule, on 30 August 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

Why bother...first off...we ARE primates, second - you've been given DNA evidence, yet you refuse to believe it.

We did not evolve in a single, linear line (where did you EVER hear that?)...the tree has many branches.

And lastly..there IS no "missing link". There lots of links....nobody's ever gonna find a fossil labeled "MISSING LINK"...there are pleny of what you call "crossover" species. You're looking for one to fill the gap between ape and man. Doesnt work that way. WE DID NOT EVOLVE FROM APES. Common ancestor. Go back to school.

DNA evidence also links us to mice, chickens, pigs dogs and even a banana.

With regards to your 'pleny' (sic) of crossover species - care to name them or would that detract from your condescending reply?

#9    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostBatfastard, on 30 August 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

With regards to your 'pleny' (sic) of crossover species - care to name them or would that detract from your condescending reply?

We ARE linked to mice chicken pigs dogs banana...thats the whole POINT

start here:
http://humanorigins....human-evolution

Off to work for me, but dont worry. There will be others who make the point better than I.

Posted Image

#10    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

There's no bloody thing as a transition species! All species are in transition and slowly drifting from their current state of being. It's like the Earth slowly rotating, we know it rotates but you can't feel the darn thing or else we'd all be vomiting more then after all those vodka martini's I had.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#11    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,229 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

Batfastard, I think you are just disagreeing to disagree. I can only hope your kids are smarter and will see the fallacy.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#12    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

LOL, I think it's about time you get this peer reviewed! You're going to get a nobel prize for out-smarting all of those scientists.. all of that research.. ahhh..

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#13    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,430 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostBatfastard, on 30 August 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

If you are referring to transitional fossils, here is a tenative list

http://en.wikipedia....itional_fossils

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#14    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• 1,090 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 30 August 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

Batfastard, I think you are just disagreeing to disagree. I can only hope your kids are smarter and will see the fallacy.
Unfortunately kids learn most from their parents. Whatever this person does believe will no doubt be passed down.

Then in a few years they will start their own anti-evolution thread. ;)

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#15    ThickasaBrick

ThickasaBrick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

• "Your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick." "I'll judge you all and make damn sure that no-one judges me."
    -Jethro Tull

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

Very simply, the theory of evolution makes much more sense than any other theory as to how the Earth has such varied species. It is obvious that species rise and fall, without evolution there would be a set number of species on Earth, which would have been wiped out during previous extinction events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users