Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 8 votes

Evolution - really?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
921 replies to this topic

#916    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

View Postthe L, on 20 September 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

Im childish so that then I can take it.

Not sure what you're talking about, frankly... if you're insinuating that you act childish to cope with talking to all of us, then, please, cease. It doesn't help. It just endangers this thread of being deleted.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#917    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

View PostHasina, on 20 September 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Exactly my thoughts on ID, there are too many things imperfect in things to have just been moved into place by a creator.
Exactly. :tu:

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 20 September 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Don't forget eating, drinking, breathing and speaking out of the same hole.

Not to mention the often quoted "playground next to a sewer system".
LOL

#918    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

View PostHasina, on 20 September 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Exactly my thoughts on ID, there are too many things imperfect in things to have just been moved into place by a creator.

If there were a creator, it would have to be a very very poor one.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#919    Anonymous User

Anonymous User

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

I'm sure we can agree that if there was some "intelligent" creator, s/he/it must of been pretty wasted when s/he/it made us. haha

Edited by Thomas J, 20 September 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#920    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

I've long said that if there is a creator, then he/she/it would have to have had gone out of their way to make everything look exactly like it had come about through natural processes. If there is a creator, they would have to be deliberately misleading us.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#921    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

You'd also think a creator would make a better defense for a human male's genitals. 'Uh, just leave them dangling there, it'll make them feel a bit uncomfortable, try wearing tight pants now suckas.' Then he got women by giving us food packs on our chests. The point being, unless L can give us a good summation of his view of the 'evidence' that's a different theory to evolution, then I see no reason why we shouldn't continue to use evolution as the base for all the evidence we have. If something mind blowing shows up that proves evolution wrong, well, who ever finds it will win all the prizes.

Edited by Hasina, 20 September 2012 - 06:56 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#922    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostArbitran, on 20 September 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

I've long said that if there is a creator, then he/she/it would have to have had gone out of their way to make everything look exactly like it had come about through natural processes. If there is a creator, they would have to be deliberately misleading us.

Right? It's just amazing that everything we see everywhere confirms evolution to one degree or another.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#923    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,840 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

Thread closed for moderator review

Edited to add:
Suffice to say we've seen some very poor behavior from members in this thread with several dozen pages of disruption and bickering there's little we can do to salvage a constructive discussion at this point.

Suspensions have gone out to those involved in causing this mess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users