Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fox freed from office floorboard

Still Waters

The RSPCA has said it was "faced with a very odd sight" when called to rescue a fox trapped by a floorboard.

Builders spotted the trapped animal's head poking out of a hole in the floor while renovating an office.

It is thought the fox was trying to wriggle through a section of flooring when it became stuck at the de Havilland campus in Hatfield.

RSPCA animal welfare officer Kate Wright, who freed the animal, said: "I just had these big eyes staring at me."

"Here was this fox's head poking out of a floor and he was so jammed he couldn't move.

"I actually think he had quite an embarrassed expression on his face."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-herts-19438164

• Like 3

What a beautiful little face he had... :) ...i love foxes but I'm quite sure that people who have chickens cant stand them...shame.. :hmm:

• Like 1

He's gorgeous, poor baby, I think he would have been quite terrified initially and then resigned to his "fate". If there was any look on his face it would be bemusement at these huge hairless creatures and their antics. He might have even thought he was gonna be lunch until he was actually set free, what an ordeal.

• Like 2

Poor fox. Still, at least it's a happy ending to this story :)

• Like 1